Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Zoloft anybody?

I have not taked Zoloft , but I am taking Remeron. I just found out that Remeron makes you very sleepy and gives you SERIOUS SUGAR CRAVINGS!!! Ah joy.....!

My dr. tried me on remeron both for sleep and for depression, and the carb cravings were terrible!

My dad's dr. gave him Remeron to increase his appetite when he lost his appetite at 90.

Unbelievable how these anti-depressant drugs all have side effects. Since this surgery I have lost nearly total desire for anything too sweet, even natural fresh fruit. So far I am weaning onto zoloft with a very small "geriatic" dose...tomorrow I increase the dose to the full pill of 25mgs. I have noticed a loss of appetite even with the 12.5mg dose but I am going to try to stick it out as long as I can force feed myself just enough to get by. Remeron might be a good choice if it lifts anxiety and depression since everything else I've tried has caused me not to want to eat. It's all a method of trial before the right drug treatment for anxiety/depression comes along. I'm hoping the Zoloft will work since I am so tired of taking meds for anxiety which just won't go away.

Hang in there, LAN! You're doing the best you can, and we're here for you! :smile:

Hang in there, LAN! You're doing the best you can, and we're here for you! :(

Thank you for being here for me. God Bless you.

We are all pulling for you. I hope the Zoloft helps!

Unbelievable how these anti-depressant drugs all have side effects. Since this surgery I have lost nearly total desire for anything too sweet, even natural fresh fruit. So far I am weaning onto zoloft with a very small "geriatic" dose...tomorrow I increase the dose to the full pill of 25mgs. I have noticed a loss of appetite even with the 12.5mg dose but I am going to try to stick it out as long as I can force feed myself just enough to get by. Remeron might be a good choice if it lifts anxiety and depression since everything else I've tried has caused me not to want to eat. It's all a method of trial before the right drug treatment for anxiety/depression comes along. I'm hoping the Zoloft will work since I am so tired of taking meds for anxiety which just won't go away.

I suffer from anxiety attacks and my PCP gave me Zoloft to contol them and to try to fight my deppression... I must say that the first 2 months of taking it I was a new woman! I loved it! But then I was always in bed...sad...and even more depressed than when I started! I weaned myself off them little by little and OMG! The Side effects of the withdrawl are HORRIBLE! I felt like electric shocks all over my body! My mood swings were uncontrolable for about 2 weeks...glad to say its all over. I now control my anxiety with Ativan. Bottom line everyone reacts different to all meds..this was just my experience...becareful and I wish you the best!!!

I suffer from anxiety attacks and my PCP gave me Zoloft to contol them and to try to fight my deppression... I must say that the first 2 months of taking it I was a new woman! I loved it! But then I was always in bed...sad...and even more depressed than when I started! I weaned myself off them little by little and OMG! The Side effects of the withdrawl are HORRIBLE! I felt like electric shocks all over my body! My mood swings were uncontrolable for about 2 weeks...glad to say its all over. I now control my anxiety with Ativan. Bottom line everyone reacts different to all meds..this was just my experience...becareful and I wish you the best!!!

I am now taking a medication called Remeron but in generic form, for depression...and Klonipin .5 as needed for anxiety. I am much better except that getting out of bed in the morning is a struggle...and my appetite has INCREASED though my sleeve won't accomodate it...thankfully. Thanks for sharing your story with me. I look forward to be weaned off these drugs hopefully soon! Best wishes back at you!

zoloft made me very hungry, im taking prozac its better this days post op

zoloft made me very hungry, im taking prozac its better this days post op

I tried it twice at different doses. Zoloft took my appetite away. I wish to be off these meds altogether...but I am afraid that the depression may come back. It was an awful dark place of despair and I just don't want to be in that place.

Lan, I have fought depression & anxiety for years now and have tried pretty much everything. I've had very good results with a combination of Lexapro and Wellbutrin. Zoloft didn't really do anything for me. I hope you can find what works best for you. Keep up the good work!

Lan, I have fought depression & anxiety for years now and have tried pretty much everything. I've had very good results with a combination of Lexapro and Wellbutrin. Zoloft didn't really do anything for me. I hope you can find what works best for you. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I was taking 30mg of Remeron, every day before I went to sleep at night, an SNRI, (Serotonin-Norepinephrine-Reuptake-Inhibitor), It helped to lift me out of that dark place of doom I was in while stimulating my appetite (I'd been repulsed by nearly everything)...It really did help me but my desire to eat increased too much (about the same as before I had the sleeve). I recently stopped taking it altogether, (since last week). I hope I'll be okay and not go through extreme withdrawal symptoms. I am hoping that now that 7 months have elapsed since I had my surgery my innate coping mechanisms have kicked in and I'll be able to mentally handle...my life, naturally. I'm still taking a small dose of Klonopin in generic form, (.5mg as needed for anxiety), and I take pharmaceutical grade fish oil and Vitamin D3, 5000IU daily. Thank you for sharing with me what is working for you. All the best-Lis

I suffer from anxiety attacks, but Clonopin has worked wonders for me. And i know it works, because if I miss a day I have an anxiety atttack. Mine started about eight years ago when my company started laying off thousands and thousands of people. I am still hanging in there, but the pressure with today's workforce can really do a number on you. I hope you find something quickly that works for you.

Les

I suffer from anxiety attacks, but Clonopin has worked wonders for me. And i know it works, because if I miss a day I have an anxiety atttack. Mine started about eight years ago when my company started laying off thousands and thousands of people. I am still hanging in there, but the pressure with today's workforce can really do a number on you. I hope you find something quickly that works for you.

Les

Hey Les, I thought it was spelled with a "K" Klonopin...I do take it and I agree it does help with anxiety, and it's long lasting without projecting a false sense of reality. Thanks for sharing your personal experience, I'm really glad you did. BTW, I take the generic brand: "Clonazepam", do you?

Hey Les, I thought it was spelled with a "K" Klonopin...I do take it and I agree it does help with anxiety, and it's long lasting without projecting a false sense of reality. Thanks for sharing your personal experience, I'm really glad you did. BTW, I take the generic brand: "Clonazepam", do you?

Lan it is Klonopin. I took it for a while and it worked great. Now I just take Xanax and I am actually happier with it. I used to take the generic brand "Clonazepam" as well.:tongue_smilie: