Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Gang,

I'm already set with Aceves - next Monday!!! - but I have an interested friend that may be looking for VSG in the U.S. and in the Dallas area. I know I've seen a couple of names that keep coming up... what were they? Would you recommend them? Thanks!

p.s. already lost 3 pounds in 1.5 days pre-op diet!!! Woohoo!

Dr Nick Nicholson seems to eb the most popular. Others ones metioned are Dr. Barker and Dr. Davidson.

I used Dr. Hamn. But have not seen others mention him. Did a good job for me at least.

I probably would recommend Dr. Nicholson based on others responses here. Seems like he has a lot of experience and good follow up support.

Dr. Nick Nicholson will be aftercare surgeon if we get orders to Texas.

I had it narrowed down to a couple in the D/FW area. Dr. Kim in Colleyville was my 2nd choice.

I used Dr. Nicholson and he was great! Very informative and spends time answering your questions. Has been voted a top Dallas doctor the last three years by his fellow doctors from the Dallas area.

Thanks Guys. I'll pass on these guys names to my friend. I remember just a day or two ago a woman named Krystal here on the board had been given a name of a doc that charged around $10k... Anyone recall that and who he was? Thaank again... only 5 days to go for me... eeek!!!

Edited by Keys Pirate
$10K!, not $10...! lol

My vote is Dr David Kim in Colleyville, Texas. He was my surgeon and this was the EASIEST and most painless abdominal operation I have ever had - and I've had a few. Answered all my questions - and then some! Check him out! :001_tongue:

Dr. James Davidson is who I'm using, but Dr. Nick Nicholson was my second choice. Davidson does surgery on Friday and that worked better for me. Both practice at a center of excellence and both have been voted 'Top Doctors' by fellow physicians in the DFW area and listed in the local magazine. 'D Magazine' - may seem trivial, but it is not! :) There are others mentioned here on the board that people really like!

Dr. Wade Barker-Forest Park Medical Center

Is absolutely excellent, answers all questions and made me feel very comfortable.

Brand new to the boards...this is my first post. :thumbup:)

I haven't had surgery yet, but I am scheduled for VSG on March 4. My surgeon is going to be Dr Joseph Cribbins in Plano. He came highly recommended by my Family Practitioner (Dr. Guy Culpepper), who I have been with for nearly 15 years and love!

I first met Dr. Cribbins last year - which my second attempt to get approved for WLS. Apparently third time was a charm for me and I was approved this year.

The doctor and his staff have been helpful and thorough. He is personable and has taken the time to answer my questions thoroughly. His Bariatric Coordinator, Sheryl, is phenomenal! Calling with updates on the status of the insurance requests and providing pre-surgery information and appointments. At this time, I am going into this surgery with no worries about his (or his staff's) qualifications or skills.

I hope I am not overstepping by recommending him since I haven't had surgery yet, but I just thought I would add my two cents.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery!!

Dr. Jayaseelan is wonderful i am scheduled for surgery on Feb. 1

I just thought Dr. Jay was awesome!!

Best of luck to you. He'll do you well.

I had Dr James Davidson @ Forest Park in Dallas. He is wonderful! He does surgery on Wednesday too. I have never had better Dr. or Hospital car. Forest Park is just beautiful, brand new all the latest tech. The nurses were just great too.

I used Dr. Castro in Dallas. He's wonderful. He did my band in 2008 and then did my revision surgery last week. Never had a problem with his staff.....everyone is great. He operates at 5 or 6 different hospitals.

New Beginnings Surgical Group - Dr.Manuel E. Castro MD, PhD, FACS , Bariatric Surgery, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve, Lap-Band Surgery