Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days our and - BORED OUT MY MIND!!!

LOL - Pretend that you are a spa?

Sorry - no advice. That's actually the part I'm looking forward to. Resting, walking, and sipping. Sounds like paradise to me.

I agree with Mini-Me. I am looking forward to my 2-week break from work and housework. I could watch crap on the Bravo channel for hours!

My plan is to walk a lot, read a lot, and clean out the closets in my bedroom... between me and my hubby (well... 80% me LOL), there's not even any floor space in there! Might as well start getting rid of some old and big stuff now! :thumbup1:

I am feeling you Coopersmom. I was a little worried because I knew that my online graduate classes started this week. This is the perfect time to be taking classes. I have finished all my assignments for the week!

From memory (which might not be accurate) I enjoyed my time. It was summer and I walked the boardwalk each day. At home I spent sooooo much time reading through my wls cookbooks and planning menus. I also planned a vacation I took a few weeks post-op. I convinced my husband to drive me to a salon and had my hair done, a manicure, and pedicure (according to him, I still owe him for this torture). I pretty much decided on one thing to plan each day and one thing to do. I also was very low on energy, unlike many others report, and enjoyed reading myself to sleep for an afternoon nap (I probably purchased 1 book every other day on my kindle). Good luck! Pretty soon you'll be back to your normal, busy life:-)

Deedee, I loved having my Kindle for my gallbladder surgery last November. So light and easy to hold. I was just thinking last night how much i'll appreciate it after my Sleeve surgery!

I'm planning to work from home for two weeks after surgery. That way I can work/get paid and still nap whenever I need to. I'm hoping to have surgery on a Thursday and start back working the following Monday. That said.... sometimes the best laid plans don't turn out like we expect. I can always take another sick day if necessary.

Creatinglee: I had my surgery on Thursday, Jan 14th and was back to work on Monday. I had to leave 2 hours early because I was exhausted but today is Tuesday & I felt fantastic...worked all day. Just remember to walk & sip when you can but you can do it!!

Thanks for all the pointers. I did start planning some meals but that made me head- hungry. I spent the day making appointments with nutritionist, therapist, dentist, etc for after recovery. I did not mind being kept on hold.

Oh- do you guys love your kindles? I am debating between that and the Wii Fit for my birthday.

And a pedi is soooo needed. My toes look atrocious!

I love love love my kindle! I totally plan on reading a lot during recovery. This is my chance to relax. I never get to relax with two little ones at my feet!

Marci, thanks. I know I'll be fine. I just want to work from home so that I can nap and relax as needed.

I too love my Kindle. I'm on an account with friends so that we can share books.

I played with a friends Wii and it was fun, but I don't think I'd use it much. It seems like something I'd get tired of. Now Beatles Guitar Hero, that's another story! :thumbup1:

What in the heck is kindles?

I did everything after surgery that I did before surgery. I visited friends, talked on the phone, read, watched tv and I was back to work in less than a week. I have a desk job, so it was not strenuous. I had surgery on a Wed. and was back to work on Monday.

Coopersmam

If you are bored that is a good sign, means you feel good enough to do something!! Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me and I'm bored to death, don't get me wrong I went back to work after a week and got laid off!!! Can you believe it?? I have been at my job almost 11 years, now this!! I have not decided what I'm going to do. I can wait it out till business gets busy again or look for something new....hmm! So to be honest I have been home a week now and I'm ready to pull every last hair out!! I tend to be a little on the high strung side and have lots of energy, what to do, what to do!

I walk my dogs at least 2 miles every day, that helps. I have been doing a jog/walk routine. We have a high school right by us so we go there, I let the dogs off their leashes and off they run. I jog 1/4 to 1/2 mile and then walk, then repeat. This is how I always got back into shape after having my kids. It really gets your heart pumping.

Planning meals has been tough because it is just hubby and me, and he like full fledged meals!! 6'4" tall.

The Kindle was on my wish list untill my band started trying to kill me, hubby even had decided to get it for me andnWallo you will have everything you will need,

Good luck!

Thanks for all the pointers. I did start planning some meals but that made me head- hungry. I spent the day making appointments with nutritionist, therapist, dentist, etc for after recovery. I did not mind being kept on hold.

Oh- do you guys love your kindles? I am debating between that and the Wii Fit for my birthday.

And a pedi is soooo needed. My toes look atrocious!

I LOVE my Kindle. I got it the first Christmas it came out and to be honest it wasn't love at first sight (was a gift). I am a pretty avid reader and have 5 bookcases of my favorite books, so it was hard to switch formats. Now I'm on my second one (another gift), and really enjoy the convenience. I also have the Wii Fit and constantly have the good intention of consistently using it, but after a few days, just can't seem to keep it going...but that's just me.