Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starbucks habit

Am I going to have to give up my Starbucks habit after the band? I usually get the Carmel Lite Frappachino once a week or so. Will I still be able to after getting banded? If not, I need to start the mourning process now! :)

I think there's always room for your favourite indulgences personally. As long as you dont overdo it.

I, on the other hand have a massive coffee habit, although not rich milky ones generally. I've been resistant to cut down for many years, but now nearing 40, I'm starting to become aware of some small signs of aging and think I could use a little less caffeine and a bit more Water.

But once a week? Enjoy it!

I switched to sugar free/skim/decaf hazelnut iced lattes or hot lattes for the most part. Just the calories from the milk, which is protien so I feel okay about it. I still occassionally get something else. I'd say once a week isn't bad...but you may find when the weight starts dropping you don't want to risk the calories on things as often...or at least that's what I have found.

I agree that the light ones are good and I don't think the calories are too bad. The main thing is they are "liquid Calories" and since we don't get many calories per day it's best to choose High Quality solid food. That being said I also agree that one a week wouldn't be in excess.

I had to give up a daily "full cream" latte' habit and it was way easier then I thougt. Something about all that hot think milk makes me a little gaggy now. I still like the frozen coffee drinks and regular coffee with a touch of cream in the morning but it's amazing how my taste changed.

I am addicted to Chai Tea which has tons of sugar!! But the problem is now they sell it at their store and I make them at home. Very bad!!!

Not banded yet (end of summer after vacation, I hope), but know all about the coffee habit - my biggest vice. I had to give up caffeine 2 yrs ago (sob) due to benign arrhythmia, & I've been tired ever since! I actually have a coffee shop in my subdivision that has better coffee than Starbuck's - yeah, I KNOW, right? I always get Decaf, non-fat, latte - hot, iced or iced-blended, w/sugarfree flavorings. Starbuck's only has SF vanilla & hazelnut, MY fav shop has several - SF Almond Roca is my favorite. I guess I'll just switch from grande to tall...

Melissa

Sugar Land, TX

...I am a member of the 'coffee is NOT a confection' school....IMHO the only thing that makes coffee better is whiskey....and I had to give up that little addition decades ago....

LMAO

I USED to belong to that club...gimme some coffee I can STAND a spoon in. But I discovered that post-op I usually get turned off to coffee for a while. And then with the DS surgery, I have had trouble reuniting with my black coffee. I miss it. I seem to like the taste better when it's all fru-fru-ed up.

But, when I can drink again (in my case, a year post-op), I'm planning on a cup of coffee with a shot of Bailey's in it...the best of several worlds!!

Not a coffee drinker....I know caffeine is an appetite stimulant and my dr took me off of it....it's calories and takes up space...once your banded you'll just have to decide if it's something you want to indulge in!! I love the freedom of the band and MY choices!!! It's all about what I want to do and not do and ties in w/ my success!!! :cake:

GOd Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -47lbs :cake:

I LOVE the Light Carmel Frappucciono!! However, after being banded (and properly filled) I'm usually able to only drink about 1/4 of a small one before I'm "satisfied."

Other than that, I can drink almost an entire small Cafe Latte w/skim milk and sugar free vanilla Syrup. :cake: Yah for starbucks!!

OOOHH! And if you like those starbucks frappuccinos that you can buy in the convenience stations, you should check out the AchievOne Cappuccino Protein drinks. They come in the same kind of bottle and they are Fat Free, low carb and only 120 calories for an entire bottle with 20 grams of protein! I have one every morning for Breakfast instead of going through starbucks! You can get them at www.bariatriceating.com

:cake: Kristin

I don't think once a week is anything to worry about. I also try and get things where they only calories is the milk, AND I make a meal out of it, so usually it fits into my calories. The thick stuff like the frapps sits for a while and takes me forever to drink, so it's all good to me. :cake: