Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHY do i still feel fat???

:huh0:This is driving me nuts! yes i'm down a couple pants sizes yes ive lost inches and yes every one around is telling me how much smaller i got but i'm the only one still trying to find or looking at a 3D Stereogram waiting for the picture to jump out. im fairly sane you know so i'm not crazy (you can't prove it:closedeyes:) If anything i just look more saggy or something. i don't know at 83 pounds down should i feel something or is it because i stil have 90 more pounds to go? maybe 50 more. i can't understand this for the life of me. IF and i said "if" was a mind thing to bad there not a diet for the mind:sad0:.

xoxo,

nikki

Edited by ryansgirl

Oh you need to look at your before/after shots again! You can totally tell the difference. Patience, grasshopper...ha ha! You're doing great.

And that's funny you mentioned Stereograms..I've been looking for more of those for years. And I rarely find anyone else who knows what they are...loved those things.

Just a question here, when you took on this surgery what where your expectations? Where you expecting to be firm, beautiful, and a runway model type? Or where you expecting to be more healthier, and having a better quality of life type? That could be your problem here . . . your expectations could have been a bit strewed. . . what do you think? cause having lost 83 lbs with realistic expectations you should be happy. . . have you thought about going to support group or counseling? Sorry if this sounds prickly, not intended to, but at your weight loss and your not seeing it, there is a bit of a problem. . .

yes i love Stereograms. i have tons around my house drives my friends and family batty. AND no i was not expecting to be thin like a model but I know what i see when i look in the mirror. As i have learn over my 25 years that Expectations VS Reality is alot that many struggle with. I'm not. i see the small differences. but i was "expecting something differently" also ive only drop two pants sizes. 24 to 20 i've been a size 20 since 265 i'm 239 now and still in a size 20 (i'm 5'8) and it not from lose skin either so........i mean i understand what your saying but i though it was resonable to expect to be in a 18 by now which is not model skinny. it just stumbs me. maybe i'll get a visit from the whoosh fairy and i wake up one day and have lost a couple more pants sizes who knows.

xoxo,

nikki

yes i love Stereograms. i have tons around my house drives my friends and family batty. AND no i was not expecting to be thin like a model but I know what i see when i look in the mirror. As i have learn over my 25 years that Expectations VS Reality is alot that many struggle with. I'm not. i see the small differences. but i was "expecting something differently" also ive only drop two pants sizes. 24 to 20 i've been a size 20 since 265 i'm 239 now and still in a size 20 (i'm 5'8) and it not from lose skin either so........i mean i understand what your saying but i though it was resonable to expect to be in a 18 by now which is not model skinny. it just stumbs me. maybe i'll get a visit from the whoosh fairy and i wake up one day and have lost a couple more pants sizes who knows.

xoxo,

nikki

lmao, that fairy thing was great! But sweetie I checked out your pictures and you look great! Do you exercise enough? Drink your Water? Don't worry, it'll come off, you'll never go back to how you where, your doing wonderfully, just keep it up. . . your expecting too much of yourself. . . it's going to happen. . . . :biggrin0:

Nikki, everything you are feeling is perfectly normal. I still catch myself automatically grabbing size 20W shirts, and pants, and I'm in a size 10, and in between a small to medium top. I don't understand it, I can't wrap my head around it some days. I think my head has a lot more catching up to do. People don't even recognize me who have known me for over a year, and I just laugh at them. I can't really see it myself, but did have an "ah ha" moment yesterday when cleaning out my closet.

I got rid of 8 (yes 8) of the 39 gallon lawn and leaf Hefty bags full of clothes. John (the husband) was like "baby, are you sure you can't wear ANY of these clothes?" I picked up a random pair of jeans size 24W, slid them on, and I could look down inside of the pantsand see my toes in the leg of the pants. They were so big on me, and I have no idea why I was holding onto them. My clothes brought me lots of comfort, and I took pride in my appearance even when I was 270lbs. Getting rid of those clothes, help me purge those feelings of being fat. Trying on those size 10's today felt great, and it was a moment that I won't forget.

Hang in there. You'll see the results. Try on some of your old clothes, and really see the difference. Numbers on the scale only do so much for me, I need those little NSV's to get me through.

Also, have you tried different brands of jeans. If not, I highly recommend trying some different brands, you'd be surprised with how different some of them are cut.

thanks guys sooo much and you are right i have not try on many of my clothing in my closet because i guess well they don't really fit lol and i'm starting to think the scale really is just numbers........

xxo,

nikki

girl you look good and you know did you measure yourself before surgery? the scale is just a number! i know i didn't measure and i wish that i had because i am getting slimmer in different parts of my body that i know have not seen in years. like my hips,thighs, buttocks, the rolls on my back are gone, and my breasts. lets not even talk about my breasts. they are going flat!!! we all wish for different things and i know my wish would be to be like i was when i was 18 but that is not the life that i have lived for 20 years. like my doctor told my husband the day he had surgery-he can help us loose the weight but he can't make us be like a beautifull model! just remember that. take it one day at a time.

thanks laura. I was at my weightloss group and a lady told me that when she was my weight she was a size 20 to so i guess this normal it just amazes me how much weight you have to lose to lose sizes! but she mention starting off as a heavy weight it like that something about plus sizes been like 30 pounds between sizes she did say though once i get to a size 18 that when the sizes will drop over night so we shall see.

xoxo,

nikki

once i get to a size 18 that when the sizes will drop over night so we shall see.

xoxo,

nikki

I found this to be especially true. I dropped quick from 18 to 16 in a month, and then slid right into 14s. I somehow skipped 12s, and now I'm in 10s. They are a little snug in the waist, but it varies by brand and style. I have one pair of 14s that fit great for about an hour then they stretch out, and I'm constantly hunkering them up at the waist.

I heard there is something like 30+ pounds between plus sizes and only 10 pounds (+/-) between misses sizes. I am finding this to be true - just like Tiff. Initially, took some time to get from 20W to 18W to 16W, then bam, in a 12M. So be patient Nikki, it will happen.

Nikki,

I sooo feel you. I have dropped over 50lbs in 2.5 mnths and went from a a size 24 to 16 now. But I still feel GINORMOUS. I too am saggy and feel like I looked better when I was fatter. I was nice and round. I totally understand what you are going through, as I am going through the same thing. :crying:

Let not give up or give in. The mirror should eventually catch up with your brains :thumbup1: Everyone tells me how great I look now and I also say "WHAT are YOU talking about". I feel as though I look the same. Anyway .. it will happen for us, just wait and see. Look at Tiffy .. she is TINY! Cant wait to get like that :lol0:

Oh you need to look at your before/after shots again! You can totally tell the difference. Patience, grasshopper...ha ha! You're doing great.

And that's funny you mentioned Stereograms..I've been looking for more of those for years. And I rarely find anyone else who knows what they are...loved those things.

mb20mom .. Dr. Zane is wonderful. He did my sleeve and my boyfriends:thumbup:

lol i'm chanting a mantra "patience..............." (hummm maybe i need to make that a new year resoultion lol)

xoxo,

nikki