Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Year's Resolutions?

I was just thinking about resolutions in the past few days and the "i'm gonna lose weight" automatically popped in...since getting sleeved, I said I wanted to be down to 200lb by December 31...I"m three pounds over and you know what...I DON'T CARE! It has made me realize that the goals/resolutions I have set have always focused on things that have been challenges in my life...weight, money etc....:blush:SO this year...it's simply to keep a loving positive attitude towards myself and in my day to day...keep it simple and focus on adding new things to my life versus getting rid of things in my life...does that make sense?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts, dreams and aspirations...:thumbup:..just imagine all of us on this road, arm in arm singing "we're off to see the wizard!".....on the mend in 2010!

Well, its a New Year - 2010. Happy New Year to everyone.

Of coarse, like so many others, the resolution to "lose weight" seems to always be there. But this year, it's so much simpler: to keep working my sleeve, eating right getting my exercise and loosing the last 31 pounds to reach goal. It doesn't seem daunting or impossible, just part of the plan.

My husband and I together have a resolution, kind of an odd one, but one I think it's important - to waste less food. We always buy more than we can eat, it spoils and we throw it away. OR - we have leftovers that are perfectly fine, we elect for take out instead, forget about the leftovers and end up tossing them. The scenarios are plentiful but the results are the same - we end up throwing away food.

My other resolution is to serve healthier meals/snacks to my family. Since I can't eat much, I usually take the easy, processed food route for everyone else. I bake chicken breasts on the weekend and use them for my meals all week - easy, lean, Protein. But for them, can you say hamburger helper?

Happy New Year!

I've loved reading everybody's thoughts. I posted my resolutions on my blog, but really it boils down to me keeping the inner peace and contentment I've found this year. I have some goals to pursue, some clutter to clean up (both literal and emotional), and want to work on living in the moment and staying positive.

Good luck to everyone on their hopes and dreams!