Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheesy Question

Met my hubby online as well. I had an ad on Love@Aol and he answered it. I went on A LOT of bad dates before I met him. My great grandma said I had to kiss all those frogs before I met my prince! We have been together for almost 5 years and will be married 4 years in November! :)

I met my husband at church!!! We met 5 ys before and he moved 4hrs away...think we both had some issues for God to work out! :) He started calling out of the blue....then pursued me (overweight and all) like crazy.... it was AWESOME!!!!!!! We are still madly in love 2 ys later....well 3 ys counting the dates!!!

My advice is just don't compromise....when I stopped looking he appeared!!

God Bless,

MElody

Banded 3/20/06 -47lbs :)

My first husband was my banker. I worked for American Airlines and he didn't like "my career" and I didn't like being controlled. We divorced before our first anniversary.

I had actually met my second husband when I was a Freshman in college and went to a friends house to borrow a drill. He was her brother who had just been transferred back from NM to TX with Halliburton and wouldn't let me borrow the drill but offered to come over and do the work for me. I went out with him a few times but had other romantic interests too and was soon moving to another college. We both married and divorced and saw each other again when we both ended up at the same high school graduation. We will be married 16 years this August.

I met my husband when I was totally done with men! I wasn't even looking...we met in September, were engaged by May, and married in August and we have been married for 11 years! I could have told you 2 days after I met him, he was the man I would marry!

When it is right, I think you just know!

I've known my wife since I was 5 years old! We grew up in church together, taught Sunday school together, and dated since I was 15 years old. Now 16 years later (11 of them married), we're happier than ever!

Seriously...find your ONE TRUE LOVE at a local church...and I believe with everything in me that God will then allign your heart with a soul mate and reveal a great plan for you if you plug into a local community of earnest people!

God bless you on your journey!

Jon

Were you at a good place emotionally? Physically?

Great question to ask. Did you ask it because you are wondering if you're ready? I can tell you from my own experience that unless you are in a good emotional place, you probably won't be making very good choices. I married husband number one and husband number two for all the wrong reasons. It was only after being divorced for several years (raising my two kids alone) that I was finally able to listen to my instincts when choosing a man. You see, I knew with number one and two that they weren't right. I knew there were warning bells going off and red flags waving in my head, but I was very insecure in myself and very needy.

I met my soul mate, Dawg, in an online chatroom in the fall of 1998. Neither of us were "looking". We spent hundreds of hours talking online.. hundreds! Although there was a lot of upheaval going on in my life at the time, I was able to identify qualities in him that I knew were vital to a successful relationship. We talked online for a coupld of months, then moved to the phone and then six months after meeting online he flew over to meet the kids and me in person. He had already asked me to marry him online and I had agreed. When he stepped off that plane, there wasn't a moment of hesitation between us. We knew each other so well that it was like he was coming home, rather than just for a visit. He stayed three wonderful weeks with us, and when he left we were all bawling. He returned to England, sold everything he had and came home for good a few months later. We were married in Sept of 1999 and are in our seventh year of marriage. We are still best friends and madly in love with each other.

Oh, by the way... I weighed about 280 and he weighed about 330 when we met online. Today, we are both at the lowest weight we have ever seen each other and it's quite a trip! *laughs* But, fat or thin, we have loved each other. So I'd say it's the emotional side that needs to be ready. The rest will take care of itself.

Well I don't go to church, but I still met my one true love! I met him at college and we have been together for 13 years and married for nine. I know alot of people who met people online. It seems like a great way to go. Best of luck, I'm sure you'll find the right one for you!

I put my intention out there. Told friends and family I was in the market. Just put it out there, gave it to the universe. Took a while (patience not my best virtue) and one day a friend invited me to lunch with a group. She had a friend that said always reminded her of me. She was right. We're quite similar. So we met that day and were both tentative. Started hanging out. We're now six months in and I'm flat crazy about him. Can't say I've worked out all my issues and sometimes I'm a big pain in the ass to him..but mostly we do great.

Best part is he knows about Trink (my band) and has read up on it and helps me a lot with good food choices and whenever we eat he ALWAYS looks at me at first bite and says "sloooooow!" It's always a good reminder!

It about 1)being ready 2) knowing you are ready and 3) taking the risk...grab your nose and jump in the water! It's a crazy road.......:)

P'Nut--LOVE the thoughts!!!

Give You the Moon--PATIENCE????? What is that?

This is just SO fun to read about all of you. Not to mention the fact that you all seem happy with your mate! And did not compromise.

THANK YOU ALL! It is all VERY well taken. I just LOVE it.

Gives me chills...

Hi It is great to see so many people met off of mtach.com because that is where i met my currant interest and It is great. I was looking but not for a marriage but friends and I met a great person out of it.