Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am in the hosptial

Had my gallbladder out 12 years ago. I thought I was having a heart attack. It did really hurt for about 3 days. After a week you'll feel like a new woman. Glad your surgery went well.

Hi there Daisy!!

So sorry I hadn't been around ans not seeing this post. I;m glad the surgery went uneventful and that you're home.

I never had an issues- but had to do emergancey surgery on me too for my gall bladder.

The sneezing and coughing is awful! Kept a pillow on my stomach and held it tight when it happened!

Glad you're home!

Take care and sending speedy recovery wishes your way!!

It's really too bad that you had to have gone through such a surgery, but it's done now and each day the pain will lesson. I had to have mine out when I was only 21 years old. I was jaundiced, my skin and eyes were yellow. The procedure was an emergency... At that time it was done as an open procedure and mine was so diseased that all ducts to the liver etc. had to be cut open and scraped because instead of stones I had gravel and sand everywhere. I was in the hospital for 3 weeks and in the beginning the pain was so intense I will not ever forget it. I hope you have some people at home with you who are able to give you lots of TLC. You'll be OK.

thanks everyone.

It's been almost a week and I am bummed that it does not seem to be getting better. I am hoping tomorrow will be better.

It may take a while Daisy. Be patient and get plenty of rest - you're only a week out. I had abdominal surgery at the same time as my sleeve and it seemed to take ages to get over it. Glad you are on the mend though and if you have any worries see your doctor. Take care x

get better dasiy! and a speedy recovery! can ask if it was the weightloss that caused the gallbladder to go bad? nikki[/quote

I don't know. I know it is very common for people who have had WLS to have their gall bladder out though.

get better dasiy! and a speedy recovery! can ask if it was the weightloss that caused the gallbladder to go bad? nikki[/quote

I don't know. I know it is very common for people who have had WLS to have their gall bladder out though.

It is very common to have gall bladder problems when you loose weight. Be aware that this is a possible out come of weight loss so you will not need emergency surgery. If you have it done before you get infected or in alot of pain it goes much easier.

Oregondaisy: have patience, it will take a couple of weeks to recover from this surgery. It is not like the VSG recovery. Sorry!

I am all better now other than the new side effect, diarrhea. Funny

how I learned to spell that word

since WLS:laugh0::blink:

Daisy, glad you are feeling better. The Big "D" will go away. TMI next

You should be glad it is so loose as you really do not want to do any pushing after that surgery. Funny where some blessing come from. LOL

Get your Water and Fiber in every day and you will recuperate fast.

Side note here: the first time I ever visited Dallas (the big D) I got a case of Diarrhea so bad it took weeks to fully get over. Ever since, diarrhea had been the Big D in our house. I still do not like to visit Dallas. Sorry Texans. I like the Kerrville (hill Country) area a lot. So, not all of Texas, just Dallas. There, did I make peace? I do not want to mess with Texas. (Texans get even~~scary thought)