Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein powder with no sucralose?

Does anyone know of a good Protein Powder with no sugar alcohols - i.e., sucralose, splenda, malitol, sorbitol, etc etc? Those make me SUPER sick now so I don't want to mess with them after surgery. I can tolerate equal and aspartame fine.

I am wondering if I will just end up using Beneprotein and just have to use more of it, as it is only 6 gms of Protein per serving. Has anyone found a better solution?

Thanks.

I use body fortress whey Protein....

I just read the label and couldn't find any of those ingredients you listed, it has 23 grams of Protein per scoop... when I first started out I thought it was too sweet, and I use it in my coffee now...

g'Luck!

Eep, and to top that off, I went to double-check powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and found this statement:

Manufacturing employs practices designed to segregate ingredients on equipment that also processes egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, soy, fish and shellfish products.

I am deathly allergic to shellfish...so I guess that means that is out!

Jay Robb Whey ProteinPowder. No artificial sweeteners. Uses Stevia. I love the chocolate.< /span>

Crikey - the Jay Robb has the same warning:

Manufacturing employs practices designed to segregate ingredients on equipment that also processes egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, soy, fish and shellfish products.

I've been looking too - does anyone use either of these??

ANY WHEY Protein

Jarrow Unflavored

Also, I realize now I have unjury and Chike samples at home now that I can't use. Does anyone want them??

I am reading this to say they use seperate equipment for items that are listed. So if your ingredient list does not have shellfish products then you do not have to worry about cross-contamination. If I were you I would be worried about products that do not have this verbage on it somewhere.

Bill

From everything I remember about the listing of ingeidients, if it's the FIRST ingeidient... it is the MOST........ and down the line. so if Sucralose is listed as the LAST ingeidient. it means it has the less amount in it......But it has to be listed that it is in that product.

Crikey - the Jay Robb has the same warning:

I've been looking too - does anyone use either of these??

ANY WHEY Protein

Jarrow Unflavored

Also, I realize now I have unjury and Chike samples at home now that I can't use. Does anyone want them??

I'd take the Chike samples - let me know!

I was going to say that too. Since Vegas Angel has already spoken up for the Chike, I would be happy to have the Unjury. I have never tried it, but I am not picky and I know a lot of people that like it.

I sent an email to clarify to the Unjury. I am really hoping that it works out with it, but if not I will let you know. VegasAngel, can you send me your address? It really does not matter how little of an amount is in there, if it is in there, it just really upsets my system...so I won't be going near the chike.

I am now using Dr. Mercola's "Miracle Whey" Protein Powder, and it appears there are no artifical sweeteners in it. Ingredients state:

Defense Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate, Fibersol, Organic Non Fat Dry Milk, Organic Sweet Whey, Fiberaid, Sun Flower Seeds Lecithin, Natural vanilla Flavoring, Medium-Chain Triclycerides, Gum, Natural Caramel Flavoring, Lo-Han.

That is for the vanilla flavored one. I bought all 6 flavors when they had the free shipping to Canada promotion. I started a thread here on it about 5 weeks ago if you search for Dr Mercola Whey it will probably come up.

Hope this helps.

Donna

So does that mean that splenda is a sugar alcohol? I didn't know that, if that's the case.

Maybe splenda is not a sugar alcohol, but it somehow impacts me the same way, so maybe it is just that it is grouped in my head as one. Splenda = sucralose, and sorbital, xylitol, malitol = sugar alcohol. But to me, same difference!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'm going to try Beneprotein and also try to contact unjury to clarify the statement. I have sent two emails thus far with no reply, so I will try to call on Monday.