Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am only 2 weeks post op and am very pleased that I have lost 30 lbs since i started the pre op diet. But I look in the mirror and can't tell I have lost any weight at all!! Do others have that problem? At what point can you and others really tell you are loosing weight. Right now people say "you look great" but they aren't sure if I changed my hair style or what the change is........

I found that for people who see me every day, it isn't super noticable. They actually didn't notice much until I went out and bought a bunch of new clothes a couple of weeks ago that actually fit. Then, everyone started commenting.

Now, if I run into someone I haven't seen in a couple of months, the first thing they do is comment on how much weight I have lost.

my plan is going to keep them guessing. I work as a registered nurse and have tons of uniforms which i'll keep wearing baggy or not, if a comment is past if i'm losing weight, i'll just say "oh. . . does it look like it? Thanks" and leave it at that. Keep 'em guessing is a lot of fun! For me I have to lose tons of weight for anyone to really notice, I'm 6'0" tall and very very big boned (should have been a man huh?) so after I lose about 50 to 60 lbs people start to notice something is different.

I'm 5'9" so right up there with you guys, too - anyway, I have lost almost 50 lbs. and I still can't really look at myself and see it -- I see that you can now see my breastbone - and my face looks thinner - however, when I look at the rest of me, I don't see it. I only know I've lost weight because the scale shows it and so do my clothes - I've gone from a size 20 pants to a 16 and a 2x top to a 14 and that doesn't happen unless you are losing weight/inches. However, people at work are now commenting on my weight loss on a regular basis. I imagine soon I'll be able to look in the mirror and see that I've lost weight, too. I think it's a common issue.

Attitude, ask him in what ways he can tell. I never asked my hubby if he could tell I was losing, but one day we were lieing in bed and he had his arms around me. He commented he could tell I had lost a lot of weight because his arms now completely go around me.

People started noticing when I started wearing clothes that fit me. I wore clothes that were too big and baggy for quite awhile because I just didn't want to invest in a lot of clothes that weren't going to fit for very long. As soon as I started wearing form fitted clothes I got comments every day.

People you don't see regularly definitely notice it more and pass comment. When my daughter came home from uni she said 'Mum, you're wasting away' and recently at a wedding a friend said he could see it in my face (would prefer it to be my bum but still a compliment nontheless!!!). And sometimes family comment when I haven't lost any weight so that must be body shape!

People have noticed and commented more on the clothes I am wearing now more than the actual weight loss. I have gotten some really nice comments from people that don't see me everyday, but not much until I lost around 35-40 lbs.

My case was a bit different- I was off work from Oct- March.

Had surgery in Feb. so when I went back people noticed a little bit ( hadnt dropped alot of weight- but had been gone for 6 months. )

As soon as I bought clothes that FIT- THEN they started complimenting! Clothes DO make a difference- but being overweight- I think all of us fall into that "baggy=better" I NEVER would wear anything like a tee shirt that was tight! Now I wear blouses that are pleated to give more of a shape- insteal of baggy! Have to wear more "dressy/Professional " clothes for work- and once I started wear pants that fit- everyone started comment on my bum ( or lack of it! ) LOL

Now if I can only lose this belly!!!:lol0:

My case was a bit different- I was off work from Oct- March.

Had surgery in Feb. so when I went back people noticed a little bit ( hadnt dropped alot of weight- but had been gone for 6 months. )

As soon as I bought clothes that FIT- THEN they started complimenting! Clothes DO make a difference- but being overweight- I think all of us fall into that "baggy=better" I NEVER would wear anything like a tee shirt that was tight! Now I wear blouses that are pleated to give more of a shape- insteal of baggy! Have to wear more "dressy/Professional " clothes for work- and once I started wear pants that fit- everyone started comment on my bum ( or lack of it! ) LOL

Now if I can only lose this belly!!!:tongue2:

Hello,

I enjoyed looking at your pictures and reading your postings. I wish you all the best!!

I hope you can lose your belly too. I went to a support group at the Bariatric Center and that night a Plastic Surgeon was there. I learned about the Tummy Tuck and penniculectomy. One is somewhat different than the other. Most procedures are not covered by insurance, But He said that the penniculectomy is covered by Medicaid and most insurance companies. You might read about that procedure, and if you have insurance you might find out if it covers that procedure. (It gets rid of alot of the loose skin hanging down after weight loss surgery, but it is better to wait until you are real close or at your goal weight), I hope this helps you.

People are noticing now. I don't just mean people I know. The people I know could not believe how I looked after two weeks of not seeing me. I lost a lot in the first two weeks.

I say people I don't know notice now because guys look. I had some dude walk past me as I was coming out of Starbucks and he was like "Hey baby you looking good, what is your name?" I turned around because I wanted to see the hottie he must be talking to and it was me! :tongue2: I didn't know what to say so I just turned around and walked to my car. My husband I had a good laugh about it.

People are starting to notice now as far as "saying things". I have noticed that people that know me but dont know about the surgery "will stare" and I can tell that they notice something they just dont say anything. Im sure its because weight is a sensitive topic and they dont want to imply that I was huge or anything, who knows. I cant wait for the WOW factor, when I look in the mirror and think that I look fabulous because thats what really matters!

In reference to random guys, they have been flirting alot lately. LOL:w00t: I dont know why, I dont feel that I look any different but I was thinking about this and I believe maybe I have more confidence now. That has to be it. I mean I was at work on Friday (I work for a very large government hospital that has about 800-1000 employees and volunteers so of course I only really know the 70-100 people in my dept) So anyway, I was walking in the hallway and I swear several guys were "doing double takes" and or were "flirting". WTH? That is so funny. Im in like a size 14, so im not small or anything but this is hilarious! I think its great because guess what IM TAKEN boys! Im an engaged woman, shoulda looked when I WAS 30 + lbs bigger. LOL:thumbup1:

Men are so funny! They don't know you even exist when we are overweight, but boy oh boy lose a few pounds and you instantly become a hot momma! hehehe . . . like i said in another post, men get all weird and odd when they don't know how to handle a situation! Gosh. . . Shanda, I read your post to my hubbie and he found it so cute. . . he said "yeah whats wrong with these men now a days!"