Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glucerna Shakes

Does anyone know if these are on Clear liquids?

These are the diabetes ones.

They are 200 cals. for 8 oz.

10 grams soy protien

My daughter brought me a case of 24 strawberry flavored 8 oz bottles. She told me to drink these because they had everything I needed including vitimins. She works for a diabetic dr. and said they recommend these for thier patients who are not able to eat well.:001_huh:

Judy -

It is my understanding from Gaby that Clear Liquids are basically anything that you can see through - Water, broth, apple juice, herbal tea, etc.

It is also my understanding from Gaby that fulls include things made with milk, Soups, etc. I'll post the list that Gaby sent, it may help some:

Day 1 thru 5 ( clear liquids Only )

fruit juice ( apple, grape, cranberry )

Propel

Broth

Jello-O

Water

Tea

Protein Water by Kellogg?s

Water popsicles

Clear Protein drinks only ( example Isopure, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury )

Day 6-10 ( thin liquids )

All of the above and:

Natural Vegetable Juices ( example Carrot, V-8 juice )

Protein drinks mixed with water ( example Matrix )

whey nectar Protein Mix

Day 11 thru 20 ( full liquids )

Cream soups

Yogurt

Jello-O

Boiled pureed fruit ( example apple, pear) applesauce

Watermelon, papaya or melon in small pieces

Low fat milk 1 or 2%

Water, Propel, tea

Soy beverages

sugar free pudding

Protein shakes and protein powders mixed with milk

Day 21 thru 30 ( soft food )

Soft food should be the consistency of a thick liquid ( no chunks or solid material ) and it should be chewed very well before swallowing until it is a liquid consistency )

Tofu

Low fat cottage cheese

Cereal

oatmeal

Precooked pureed rice

Low fat Yogurt

Yogurt mixed with fruit very well blended

Cream soups

eggs

Boiled pureed fruit ( example pear, apple )

Watermelon, papaya or melon in small pieces

Boiled pureed vegetables

Beans

Day 31st and beyond ( solid food )

Fish,

Chiken

meat

Turkey

Vegetables

Fruit

Thanks Vegas, I guess I knew that. Just not thinking clearly yet. The spinal has not helped. I keep having headaches. Everytime I bend my head forward or try to lean forward, cough or sneeze, terrible pain shoots through my head. I had my blood pressure and sugar checked yesterday and they were normal. I guess I just need to take it easy for a few days until it wears off. Thanks!

Try taking some liquid tylenol too. I had a massive headache when I got home - however, I finally figured out it was caused by my TMJ so went to see my chiro and he put my jaw back in alignment and it went away in about 20 minutes. Hope your's get better soon - headaches suck! If it doesn't get better, you should email Gaby about it so she can advise Dr. Aceves and see if he has any other advice.

Thanks Vegas, I guess I knew that. Just not thinking clearly yet. The spinal has not helped. I keep having headaches. Everytime I bend my head forward or try to lean forward, cough or sneeze, terrible pain shoots through my head. I had my blood pressure and sugar checked yesterday and they were normal. I guess I just need to take it easy for a few days until it wears off. Thanks!

KyHen

That sounds like a bad enough headache that I would suggest you call Gaby at Dr Aceves' office. Hope you feel better.