Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is more important?

Do you think it is better to watch your Carbs or your calories? I watch my Protein very close. But it would just be easier to watch protein then carbs OR calories. WHat does everyone do??

I watch them all. I don't like to eat many carbs because all they do is make me want more carbs. I count Protein because my hair is falling out. I count calories because Dr. Aceves said to keep my calories at around 800.

How far out are you? Iam 2 months. hair falling out yes. So you count the Protein and the calories and the protein correct? What is a typical day of eating for you? I go up and down sometimes more calories or sometimes more carbs. If they are good carbs like in fruit do you limit fruit or just bad carbs??

I'm in the calories camp.

But I wouldnt advocate a HIGH carb diet. A diet high in refined carbs and sugars is not a healthy one. But nor do I think the diets a lot of people adopt when they try to avoid carbs are healthy either. I think when you do that you have to be very careful to focus on lots of vegies and only healthy fats - not saturated fats from cheese, salami, dairy etc.

I would only limit sugar and white carbs but I do run a lot and can eat a fairly high carb diet becuase I burn it off. If you're not physically active, I think you need way less carbs.

I keep my calories below a certain ceiling and my Protein above a certain floor. When I do that, my carbs and fats automatically limit themselves. I do track them, but I don't watch them like a hawk, either. I just keep a general eye on them.

A typical day of eating for me is a Protein shake for Breakfast. lunch just depends on if I have leftovers. If I don't, I will have a salad with chicken breast on top. I usually have chicken or fish for dinner with some veggies. If I go out to eat, I eat whatever I want, whether it's pork or steak.

I do eat some fruit. Lately I have been eating blueberries.

The carbs I stay away from are rice, Pasta, bread, etc. I just don't have room for them anyway.

I also sometimes eat Protein Bars, but I am careful to choose the ones that have more Protein than carbs. Some of them are very high in carbs.

I think I just need to eat more fish. A bought frozen talapia from Target. I was pleasantly surprised because each filet was individually wrapped. It tasted pretty good. 4 oz has 20 grams of Protein and only 90 calories. And, it is satisfying. tuna is good too, but I need light mayo, because it is too dry for me w/o it, so that brings the calories up to about 125 and 15 grams of Protein.

What bars do you eat? The ones I have checked out are too many calories and too many carbs. I like Medifast crunch bars, 110 cals and 11 gm protein, but they are expense.

I eat Atkins (but I don't eat the ones that have any sugar alcohol) and another one I like a lot are Oh Yeah, but I have to order those online. I bought some at GNC but we don't have a GNC here in hicksville where I live.

I use Supreme Protein Carb Conscious bars and Rockin'Roll Bars mostly. I also found these ones from Premium Nutrition that are called "Titan" and they are okay, but I don't think I'll be buying them again as they tend to flake when I eat them and then I've got bits of food everywhere.