Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Revisioners: Updates on Progress Please...

Susan, Oregondaisy, Elizabethsew, Wasabubblebutt, Vegasangel & Fianc?: anyone who has had a revision from LapBand to Sleeve: can you please give us all an update of your progress, successes, and obstacles/ stumbles along the way? How much have you lost thus far?? I have been avidly reading your posts! You insight is invaluabel to me (as I'm sure it is to so many out there quietly reading the boards)! I haven't seen an update on your tickers for some of you that began your journey in April. I just scheduled my revision with Dr. Aceves for August 20th (ahhh, nervous, excited!!!), I haven't told my family, don't think I will, not supportive of a Mexico surgery. I just wanted to ask to hear your loss results, positive affirmation for me that I can be there, too. Thank you so much for your time!!! :thumbup1:

Hi Alexa! First off, you will love Dr. Aceves, he is wonderful.

As for how I am doing, well, thus far I am very, very pleased with my revision. I lost 31 pounds in the first month. Then I plateaued for several weeks. I found that to be very frustrating, but since reading many others stories, I am finding that this is actually quite normal. At nearly four months out, I have lost 52 pounds. I am thrilled with that, and am averaging about 1-2 pounds a week right now. I have been bad about the gym the past few weeks between moving and this being my busy time at work. But, I am going to get back with the program, and when I do I am sure my weekly weight loss average will increase a bit.

HELLO!

I had a sleeve never have had a revision, however, I am 18 days past surgery, over 21 pounds lost and doing well. I still have to learn when I am full. Tend to eat too much, then I puke and I am fine. Hell it doesnt even hurt when that happens. Only hurts when I eat too much. Ruthi had a revision so maybe she can give you some insight on what is what.

You will do fine---Dr Aceves is great and the entire staff is wonderful.

Prayers are with you.:thumbup1:

I had a revision and I am doing great. I love

never being hungry. I haven't lost much weight because I lost it with the band. I had

to have my fill removed and I know I would have gained it back.

It's been a learning experience learning to

eat with the sleeve. You can't eat one bite

too much or you will be in pain.

I had a revision 3 months after having the band removed. Best thing I ever did so far. I am 6 weeks out and have lost 23 lbs. I initially lost some weight with the band so now I total 40 lbs total. I am losing slower but it is coming off. I had gained about 14 lbs back due to the 3 month wait from band to sleeve.

Hi Alexa -

I was a virgin sleever (wow, been a long time since I was a virgin :thumbup:); however, I am 6 weeks out and have lost 30 lbs. I haven't lost anything the past week which is frustrating -- however, on a positive note, I haven't gained any weight either ... I'm just status quo. My spasming where Dr. Aceves repaired my hiatal hernia seems to be getting better - or I'm doing better working with it, one or the other. I, for the most part, have learned when I am full and when to stop -- sometimes, I try to force it ... just one more bite ... and then I'm miserable or I end up throwing it up and feel fine.

You will love Dr. Aceves and his entire team - they are absolutely wonderful! I am glad our posts have helped you in making this journey.

Thank you all so much for your replys!!! I am not sure if you realize how informative and inspirational your messages are, but please know they are!!! I am pretty scared, but keep reading all of your success stories and I am confident if you can do it, so can I!! thanks again for your updates!! they really help!

Thank you all so much for your replys!!! I am not sure if you realize how informative and inspirational your messages are, but please know they are!!! I am pretty scared, but keep reading all of your success stories and I am confident if you can do it, so can I!! thanks again for your updates!! they really help!

Of course you can do IT ... believe it, acheive it!!!

Alexa77, I too will be having surgery with Dr.Aceves that week. I am on Friday the 21. Hope to see you. Also like you I have not told anyone but my daughters. I am working up the GUTS to tell my husband. Guess I better do that since I leave in a week...lol Hope all goes well for you and I will see you in mexico

Oh my goodness, you haven't told your husband yet? Wow, yeah, you should probably tell him or he is going to be in for quite a shock. Is he generally supportive of you?

Alexa77, I too will be having surgery with Dr.Aceves that week. I am on Friday the 21. Hope to see you. Also like you I have not told anyone but my daughters. I am working up the GUTS to tell my husband. Guess I better do that since I leave in a week...lol Hope all goes well for you and I will see you in mexico

LOL -- well yeah, you might want to clue in the hubby -- especially if you want him to accompany you ... or at least not report you as a missing person when you disappear for 5 days!

My daughter is coming with me.. She is 29 and I told her all about it. I am sure once I do tell him he will be fine with it. He would rather have a thinner wife.... I had a lapband removed in March and have gain about 30 lbs back... so we are not happy about that. So I am sure it will be fine.

Well, I just love this sleeve. :biggrin: I was 204 before surgery now I'm 174. I had my surgery on May 20, 2009. I have not really kicked in a lot of exercise, just walking 3 times a week for 30 minutes. I drink all my Water and eat Protein first. I'm 48 years old, I 'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I do eat some no no's once in a while but just a tiny bit on the weekends. I don't really want to confess everything, before I did that and some other VSGers on Obesity Help. com came down really hard on me and made me go on a guilt trip. :scared0: It did get me thinking and I started to make better choices.

Hope this helps. I guess I have to try to kick it up a notch on my eating and moving around (exercise).

babygirlinokc

Babygirl, sounds like you are doing great. Don't feel guilty for eating treats, I never do. I got the sleeve so I could live more like a normal person. Normal people eat treats. They just do it in moderation. Most of the time, I make healthy choices. But, if I am out with the family and they order dessert, heck yeah, I am going to have a taste or two. I think when we deprive ourselves of the things we enjoy is when we end up losing control of our eating.

I am sure I would do a lot better if it were not for the treats. It's hard not to eat them when I don't have that much more to lose.

I've been doing better lately. I just need to stay away from people that tempt me and eat junk food all the time.

It doesn't mattter that I am not hungry, if you put sweets in front of me, it's very hard to resist.