Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are my March Bandsters!!

I had my 6 month checkup today. still no fill, im at 2/5 cc and doing fine. im down 63lbs with about 35 to go. ive already cleaned out my closet and gotten rid of 5 yes 5 big garbage bags of clothes. my hubby was banded 3 weeks after i was and he has lost 93lbs. hes got about 120lbs to go.

Ethansgrandma---WOOHOOO!! GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY IMPRESSIVE both you and hubby!!! That is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Melody

banded 3/20/06 -77lbs :)

Has anyone found an effective quick loss method? I mean...I've read that some people try something like Slim Fast for 3 meals a day for a week - - or something like that - - to give a little boost to the weight loss after a plateau. I'm looking for feedback. When you guys have plateaued, what did you do to jump start your weight loss again????

- - rhlane

When my weight loss stalls I eliminate the Snacks and softer foods. It takes me longer to eat a piece of fresh fruit or a salad with chicken or tuna in it than to have Soup or cheese. It also keeps me fuller longer.

Way to go Eathansgrandma... both you and your hubby!

How's everyone doing? I'm 2 pounds away from getting out of the 300's and hope to kiss them good-bye sometime next week.

I stalled for 3 weeks....did all the traditional stuff and then went and got a fill.....Keep moving and take less calories....ya know the stuff we all struggle with!!! ;)

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -77lbs :P

Hey everyone! ;)

I have been doing well..until this month! We went on vacation and although I tried to eat well I haven't done so well since we came back :phanvan I lost 2lbs and then had the worst day since banding and I ate and ate and ate everything in sight <sigh>. Still, it was one down day and the nibbles have passed. Now my body is acting up...all I wanna do is walk LOL My knee gave in for two days and then when I got going again I got the most terrific cramps at the back of my knee and couldn't walk as far as I wanted. hey, ho hum. Moan over:clap2:

Next month is the 6mth anniversary and lets see where we all are by then.

Love to all and keep up the good work.

You've done great! Don't dwell on the one bad day... they are bound to happen. You're back on track and will continue to lose.

Yea..

well I had a bad week, but I caught it as the numbers started to creep up back to 250 .. ouch thats 4 pounds, Im back to 247 .. almost where i started one month ago.. I curse myself for slackin off, not weighin my food, and not drinking enough Water.

Back on track..

My little "pause" is over and I managed to hit my 100 lb milestone yesterday. The pauses can be challenging to go through... 3 - 5 weeks at a standstill, but usually I make up for it in the few weeks before the next one. Kind of like a sprinkler with a kinked hose... instead of going steady, you kin it & nothing happens, but then watch out when you clear the kink.

Thanks Wheetsin - -

I needed that bit of encouragement. It is sooooooooo frustrating to just P-L-A-T-E-A-U. It's good to know there is an UNKINKING in my future!!!!

- - rhlane

My little "pause" is over and I managed to hit my 100 lb milestone yesterday. The pauses can be challenging to go through... 3 - 5 weeks at a standstill, but usually I make up for it in the few weeks before the next one. Kind of like a sprinkler with a kinked hose... instead of going steady, you kin it & nothing happens, but then watch out when you clear the kink.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on making the 100 pound milestone. That's wonderful and your progress has been astounding. You'll be at goal in record time.

How is your weight loss? Down a total of 51 pounds since surgery on March 17th. Starting weight 219, now 168

Have you had your first fill? 3 fills, currently 7.35 in band

Has any one noticed your shrinking? Definitely, started as a tight size 18, bought comfortable size 12s yesterday. Every time I see people they tell me how great I look.

Complications or issues your having? Doing great! Think it might be time for a little more in the band though.

-Michelle

219/169/135

I've gone from 275 to 207...since January! I am LOVIN' this band! The day of surgery (March 27) I weighed in at 257! This has been a wonderful journey!

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I found it today!

I have done well since being banded March 2006...I have lost 55 pounds!

I have gone from a size 20 Lane Bryant Cord Pants to a size 10 Levi's Jeans. A size 42B bra to a 36C.

I have only had two fills. 1st 6 weeks post-op, 2nd 9 weeks post-op. I have had good restriction and not needed a fill since then. I think I have 1.2cc fill now.

At my last Surgeon appointment, He said to come back in December to start unfilling my band so I can stop losing weight. This is a scary thought to me.

I have had some bouts with depression. I suspect the change so quickly contributed to the feelings of losing my best friend. My whole life pre-banding was about Ladies Lunches and Dinners out. Now I find it too much of a challenge to eat out and prefer to eat at home. Dealing with emotions without my comfort foods is also a bummer.

I have been feeling a lot better since Doubling my Prozac dosage 2 weeks ago. I even went shopping and bought some new clothes.