Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about protein foaming in the blender

Hey Daisey, I was reading your note about protien shakes, can you give me some ideas on what I'll be able to drink post surgery for the first month? And how much. I want to do everything right, not foamies, no getting sick, etc. What is your best advice about this?

Are you talking about my rate your liquids thread?

I used GNC unflavored Protein powder for my 10 days of clears post op. I put it in crystal lite.

I am not really sure what you're asking me.

I think you should go to the thread where I posted where you can get samples of things to try. Everyone except for me found their taste changed after surgery, so it's best not to buy a bunch of anything. A lot of people bought things they liked before surgery, but they could not tolerate after surgery.

I did read all those threads, I just wasn't clear on what you mix them with. SO, just Protein Water, crystal light with protien power, anything else? I can't see how you'd get all the protein you need with this meger diet, but I haven't learned every thing yet, just trying to take in as much as I can ahead of schedule. DO you drink all day long to get enough? DO you just sip it? Do you drink 2 oz. at a time? How do you know your full? Will you feel it, like I do now?

Edited by JudyJudyJudy
mispell

Dr. Aceves does not want us to drink anymore than 2oz every 20 min. I mixed the unflavored Protein powder in Poweraide Zero, crystal lite, Hawaiin sf punch, etc. Each scoop has 20 grams of Protein. Dr. Aceves said to try to get at least 60 grams per day, plus as much Water as you can drink in between.

Most people seem to have trouble getting all that in. I had no trouble at all. My trouble was trying to drink slow enough. I could easily drink 8 oz in 5min . I didn't get that "stuffed" feeling that other people seem to get.

After the 10 days of clears, we were allowed full liquid. this is liquid yogurt, regular lite no sugar added yogurt, blended Soups, and Protein drinks. I like the PVL whey gourmet Peanut Butter and chocolate that you can order from Netrition.com . I also drank Atikins ready to drink, and low carb slim fast.

DO you just sip it? Do you drink 2 oz. at a time?
Daisy, the 2 oz. every 20 minutes is only for the first 3 or 4 days, not forever.

Yes, I forgot to make that more clear. That is only the first few days that you can only drink 2 oz every twenty minutes. You progress from there.

I am glad that has been cleared up. I did not know, and am in day 5, finding that I can more easily swallow 3 ounces of clear liquid, and was afraid to do so. Now I won't feel quite so inhibited. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback, Vegas. I've only bought the small can of vanilla, and a big can of natural flavor, so that shouldn't be a sweets problem. I can't imagine ever not liking sweets. I think that would be a good problem to have, since sweets are a big part of my problem. smile.gif

I thought the same thing about sweets until after surgery. Now I don't like sweets. The taste buds really change