Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet

Unfortunately, all of the sweeteners seem to have an adverse effect on me. If I use them, I am running to the bathroom all day long!

I haven't seen any unsweetened Protein powders, but there is at least one out there that is sweetened with stevia. I think it's Jay Robb.

Thanks sooooooooo much! I will get on that ASAP...:confused1:

Unfortunately, all of the sweeteners seem to have an adverse effect on me. If I use them, I am running to the bathroom all day long!

Oh God, I am assuming you are referring to "natural sweetners"? In any case how have you resolved that?

Jay Robb also contains aspartamine...as well as stevia.

Oops! That won't be right for me then. Thank you for that important piece of information. I will do my best to figure this out! Thanks again.

Well shoot.

There is one with just stevia. People have talked about it on OH. I just didn't remember the name because I didn't care. :smile1: (I'll use any artificial sweetener - they don't bother me.)

I finally found a Protein Powder online that does not contain any artificial sweetener...just stevia. It is called pro energy, by Energy First. Has anyone tried it? If so how do you like it?

I'll use anything but aspartame. I prefer Stevia, Splenda, Sugartwin and Sweet-n-Low in that order. Glad that most restaurants now carry Splenda.

I use them all.

I am soooooo scared of the pre-op diet( actually kinda more than the actual surgery itself).i'm so scared i won't be able to fight my hunger for a week and i might slip up one day and eat something i shouldn't eat and then i end of having complications cause of my uncontrolable appetite!!! i'm haveing my surgery the end of october i kinda wanna test drive the pre op diet and see if i can handel it.

I started a modified pre-surgery diet (hi Protein, lo carb) about three weeks ago and since I knew it was not required, did not feel bad about eating a concentrated carb (chips, and ice cream) three times during that period. Now that I am on the REAL pre-surgery diet, it's not too hard. Once you see that you've already started losing some weight, it helps with motivation. You can also come to this board and ask for support when you feel tempted to eat the wrong things. Your buddies here will encourage you to stay on the path.

If you can't do the pre-op diet, then you're going to have a difficult time with the post-op diet. The pre-op diet is for a short time period - and if you're doing the hi protein/low carb, there are so many food choices, you should be able to stick with it for 2 weeks. Stay focused and stay determined - keep in mind that this is for your health and is for a short period of time -- you can do ANYTHING for a short period of time. STAY FOCUSED - STAY DETERMINED!

but what was suggested for my pre op was totally different. 1st they said my pre op would only be a week. and they said it's basically gonnabe a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and dinner would be a salad. and i drink Water throughout the day. i'm sorry i don't care if that's a week ,2weeks, or 2months anyone who's about to have weightloss surgery cause of overeating is gonna have a hard time with that...

and btw i hate salad. that week is gonna suck!!