Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my first fill today.

He put in 1cc in a 10cc band.

He agreed I could see him in three weeks. Appointment is already made. June 8th.

I am surprised with how simply it went.

No pain killer, and I felt little to nothing. It wasn't even that uncomfortable. I think if I had relaxed a little I wouldn't have felt even the tinest bit of discomfort.

I am already excited and pumped about getting to go back in three weeks!!!

I weighed the same today in his office that I weighed my first appt post op - 19 pound loss. Nevermind the fact that I had almost a 6 pound gain and then loss in between it all!!!!!

I do not feel any restriction, so can someone explain why they believe it takes time to feel the fill? Saline is shot into the tube, then runs along the tube and into the inner tube of the ring. Doesn't seem to take that long to move into place. Or does it?

4-17-06

-19 pounds as of 5-18-06

1st fill: 5-18-06

2nd fill: 6-8-06

EXCELLENT!!

For me, my restriction took about 1-2 weeks after each fill. But your doctor may just be more conservative with his fills. Some doctors will totally close you up, then remove a little to give you a tight fill. I think the conservative way makes sense...

Hey Melanne,

Congrats on the fill... just got my first one too. Are you sure you have a 10cc band? Cause 1cc seems like verrrrry little for a first fill in a 10cc band. I thought that people usually get AT LEAST 3cc for their first fills. Hmmmm...

I don't know why they sometimes take a while to kick in but I'm thinking that that may be the case with me too... I'm able to eat a lot less now then I was in the first few days after the fill.

Mandi

I got my first fill thursday, and it is a little sore around what feels like the top of my stomach, and it dose

restrict the food, does any one else have a small bit of

sorenss after the first fill?:phanvan

argon - I am definately asking my doctor for more of a fill June 8th.

I asked him when I had my fill last week, and was disappointed then too, but he said we would find my spot.

I am miserable that he only put in 1cc, as there is no restriction, and I still feel like I am doing this on my own. And struggling without restriction.

Sign me, Melanie the whiner.

I got my first fill today (2 cc's in a 10 cc band,whatever that means!) but I definetly feel the extra restriction and brings me back to the feeling I had right after surgery. I felt a little nausea today but the nurse said that would be normal. I do not feel sore though.

I'm going for my first fill on Thursday and am glad to know it's not painful and that some of you are feeling restriction. I am VERY eager to see what kind of results I get.

Are you sure your band is a 10CC and not a 10CM?? Your capacity would be 5cc's I think, can any veteran banster correct me on this if I'm wrong?

I had my first fill on Monday (2 cc in a 10 cc band) and am still doing liquids/mushies. I think this will be the kick to get me back into being careful about everything I eat! I am 3 months postop and this is my first fill. I have lost 30 pounds since surgery and had lost 14 before.

My fill was really easy too, I was a little nervous after reading some stories here! When I stop losing again I will go back and my dr says he now will add 0.5 cc at a time. I am hoping for another good 3+ months at this.

Good luck! :)

Kell

I'm asking the same question. Are you sure it's not a 10cm band? Do you have the VG band or Inamed? If it's Inamed, then it's a 10cm band with a 4cc capacity.

I got the VG band, and I remember saying "1cc in a 10cc band?" and letting him know I did not think it was enough.

Just called his office - yes, it is a 10cc band, and I got 1cc.

His office/nurse person said she would talk to him and see about getting me in next week.

I feel no restriction. I eat, and limit my own intake, as the band does nothing to help me with my intake. I exercise, and pretty much diet on my own as if I never had surgery.

More info: I had a Nissen Wrap to resolve Gerd about two years ago. They take your upper stomach and wrap it around your esopghus, in a hot dog bun manner and stitch it into place.

So my new stomach/pouch above the band is larger then your average bandster right?

This doctor seems to be conservative when it comes to fills?

Even tho I asked him to be a little more aggresive in regards to me. :)

-Melanie

You'll get there!! The band truly does surprise you on occasion by tightening some time after the fill. Remember this is a long term project.