Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone care?

Is it just me or does anyone really care about Kate & Jon and their brood of kids? Why are they in the news? The ones I feel sorry for are the kids. The money that the family gets for their "reality" show goes to the parents. NOTHING goes into a trust for the kids who, in my opinion, are being exploited for greed. I have never watched the show but am constantly seeing these people in the news and on magazine covers. Sad!

Well...as a mom of eight (and i have 7 in diaper due to their specialneeds) I do envy her organization and in the three shows I have watched.... the fact their neighbor used to come over and fold her laundry............ I need a neighbor like that. But also in those three shows....very early ones.....I thought she was way too grumpy to him! I know how hard it is and all that personally! but in reality I do not really care about them or the octomom! (accept I am sorry for her bills to the california tax payers..... I know how many I had and I had insurance with my one preemie! )

Unlike you, Kate has an army of nannies so she can go off on speaking engagements promoting her books. I never saw the show so I have no idea how she talks to the hubby. As for the octomom, whomever the MD was that implanted her with all those fertilized eggs should be strung up!

The husband is a whiney nebbish. I've never seen him use his own initiative to help out with the kids. He is passive agressive so she has to nag him to get anything done. If she weren't organized the household would be bedlam. She is a clean freak. I don't know them and don't say she is all sweetness and light, but 8 kids under 3 or 4 had to be a hell of a job. They are just now human beings who can actually do stuff for themselves.

Well...as a mom of eight (and i have 7 in diaper due to their specialneeds)

You have seven children with special needs? You deserve a reward. I know how much work a special needs child creates so I don't know how you manage with seven.

Well...as a mom of eight (and i have 7 in diaper due to their specialneeds)

You have seven children with special needs? You deserve a reward. I know how much work a special needs child creates so I don't know how you manage with seven.

it should have been " 7 in diapers some due for their special needs". Five of them the 8 1/2, 8 , 7 , 5 and 3 year old are not potty trained....thought we are doing better in some areas.... with some of them. I hope to have the seven yearold and the fiver year old out of diapers byt he end of the summer....ok there is hoping / praying.

My biological 2 1/2 year old is potty training right now. He spends all the time we are outside in yard in underware and is peeing on potty abour 3/4 time during the day..... but not out in public yet or overnight! Then I have the bio infant......years to go yet!

I am not a saint or any of that..... most of the time I would be classibied the B word to people outside my family...... ask the mcdonalds person who forgot one of my happy meals! But I fiercely love my children!

All five have down syndrome, one has autism and a lot of drug exposure, several do not talk (I hope the word I continue to use is yet). They run the gambit in functioning abilities......

and we survive on the kindness of strangers....... a lot of kindess!

all were from children from US foster care system (or would have been eventually there) so I often look at the help I do get from the state as a lot cheapre than if they had stayed there on all tax payers. I have one because her parents could not get help and her medical bills to start with were astronomical! (don't get ne started on how unfair that it!)

Ironically a lot of people marvel at how we function. My social worker from MR department used to freak out till I was in the hospital...... for so long....... she found out the kids all help each other and love each other. She had to come and help take care of the kids while they were waiting for emergency help to get here from my "family" cause they are a lot to manage for my husband alone!

And I don't call the girls who work for me our nannies or PCA (personal care assistants)....... they are kid wranglers!... I do not think if you have a few tattos or body piercings that makes you a nanny type material. But I do have someone about 8 hours a day five days a week in school year (usually so I can go to dr with one of them, or volunteer at school or go to IEP meeting or other meetinf ( I had 37 last year). They help make my life easier. When Emerson gets bigger we will go back to less time with help...... but it is hard to nurse and monitor all his heart and breathing issues right now !

but thanks for thinking I am a nice person!:laugh:

I am sick and tired of them already. I was tired of them the first show I saw. She is a mean woman and he is an idiot who treats her like crap. No wonder they now hate eachother.

I feel sorry for the kids.

Today, they have her in a green bikini vacationing someplace with the kids and without the hussband. She must have had a Tummy Tuck.< /span>

A plastic surgeon donated a Tummy Tuck. Her hanging skin was worse than any ours could be.

People can say what they might about her, but I've seen a few episodes and she is devoted to those children.

Today, they have her in a green bikini vacationing someplace with the kids and without the hussband. She must have had a Tummy Tuck.< /span>

Oh yeah, she did, paid for my some doctor whose wife met her and "felt sorry" for her so they flew her to CA; she stayed at their home, and he did all her body work for free. There were a few epidsodes about that. She is a total bitch; however, he doesn't do anything unless she rides him about it.

Say what you will, the kids are very loving and affectionate with each other. They are also pretty well behaved and are being taught manners. It could be chaos.