Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Once I got to the soft phase of the pre-op diet, I was in heaven. LOL. Some of my favorites were (and remain), 1/4 cup of part-skim ricotta cheese. I like it as is for Breakfast or lunch but you can add Splenda and it tastes like the inside of a cannoli. Add a little cocoa powder to make it a chocolate one.

I love tilapia. I take a piece of foil and put the fish on it, cut an orange and drizzle the juice on top, and add a little salt and pepper. Close the foil and toss it on the grill or in the oven at 400 degrees for about 6-8 min. and dinner is done. You can use lemon in place of the orange if you prefer that taste.

I can make a meal out of a small sweet potato. I make an "x" in one, toss it into the oven right on the grate and bake it at 500 degrees for 45 minutes. The outside skin peels off easily and the inside is creamy and sweet. I add a little salt and that's it.

I have not tried the ricotta that way but I LOVE ricotta! Good idea, thanks for sharing! Everything else I love- good to know that they are Sleeve friendly! :thumbup:

I shredded 1.5 ounces of shrimp in my bullet, and then mixed it with 1/4 cup of ricotta.

Put that in a bowl, covered with 1/4 cup marinara and 2 tsp of parm cheese.

MMmmm, delicious shrimp faux lasagne!!

Also, when I was on fulls - this next thing was my saving grace

Take stew beef and put in a crock, add 1/2 head of celery (I leave in stalks), a whole huge onion, cut up in 4s, a whole garlic head and some allspice pimentos (this part is CRUCIAL to the deliciousness!). Fill the rest of the crock with Water.

Cook all that in a crock overnight or all day long.

Mmmmm!! You can use the broth alone (for clears) or for fulls, I took 2 ounces of the beef and shredded it (without liquid) in the bullet with the standy up blades. Then add a little Water and whirr some more. This will puree it and make it without lumps, so it falls within the "full liquid" standards.

I didnt blend the onions and celery, just put them in the freezer in baggies for delicious, preflavored add-ins for another day!

sounds yummy, where did you find the allspice pimentos, dont think I have ever hear of them

I think at Wal-Mart! The little allspice pimentos are just the little peppercorns that they are before they get ground! (I think of something else when I think of pimento - olives or cheese) - but they are just unground allspice. Makes the broth SOOO rich!

what is a bullet?

A Magic Bullet is a small blender. It is used to make smoothies and to puree foods. I bought mine at Walgreens.

A Magic Bullet is a small blender. It is used to make smoothies and to puree foods. I bought mine at Walgreens.

I bought one after my first surgery. I ended up giving it away before I ever used it. I was told repeatedly they are great for making baby food. LOL

I would have only used it for smoothies and I really needed more power for that so I used my mega-blender.