Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

discouraged

Banded May 23 and only down 15lbs. I am strting to feel like I may not have a sucess story.

Support woukd be good. To be honest I kind pf just feel like I was banded and sent on my way.

I'm sorry you're struggling.

When is the last time you saw your doctor and nutritionist? Good aftercare is so crucial to success with the band. It makes me sad that you feel "banded and sent on your way". You should never feel like that.

Are you tracking your calories? Do you exercise at all?

Support woukd be good. To be honest I kind pf just feel like I was banded and sent on my way.

That's ridiculous and a failure on your provider's part. Aftercare is 90% of the band's success. I'd call right away and find out about support groups in your area or call some other offices to find one. You'll benefit greatly from a local support group.

I have never met with a nutritionist, unless I dont think I have. I had my last fill 3 weeks ago and am starting to.feel some restriction, I dont feel as if im in the green zone yet though. I go in for a fill with a nurse and that's it's. Also I am using tru results Scottsdale and they seem so busy it takes forever to get an appt for a fill. I guess it's just not what I had expected as far as support goes. But already I am not gaining :-)

Try it remember that if you want to be a success at anything it takes work and determination. I have had to track my calories and exercise daily to get where I am. And for most if us it's the same. I think a lot of us got banded thinking we would have to do those things (or at least the tracking calories) to be successful but the reality is we got to this place because we have issues with over eating or eating all the wrong things. That is something that takes a lot of awareness to change.

If you don't have support from your drs office WE are here for you. Try an app like lose it or myfitnesspal, they are free and offer great support from the community. I'm use myfitnesspal my user name is goalseeker32.

Thank you so much. I will try that

Have you tried to attend any of the TR monthly support meetings in Scottsdale? I think they are the first Tuesday of each month at 6. But better confirm the time / date with them. In all honesty I haven't been to any, but that is because I get into work at 6 in the morning and the last thing I want to do is sit in the 101 traffic twice in one day.

I havent gone just due to mt work schedule and living on the west side. I would never make it in time

I sure understand you're concern/frustration. I lost 12 lbs the first 2 weeks and then 0 lbs the next 3.5 months. So, 4 months in I was not succeeding. I went in for my 3rd fill and a consult with my nutritionist. She helped so much. I was able to whittle 300 calories out of my diet and the 3rd fill gave me the satiety/restriction I needed to avoid those hunger head demons.

Don't give up. It's still out there. You may have to be a little more assertive with your clinic. Ask to speak to the doctor or the CEO/Clinic Director. Bypass the small people who can sometimes be petty little despots and impede your journey.

Good Luck.

tmf

It also took speaking for me only 5 fills to really feel restriction , and I really do now with 11 cc's in my 14 cc band so I am losing the right way and eating food but there are some fods that I just can't eat at all or I will have problems and I thought about my 3 fill I had noticed when to stop , but no I really know now cause I get a lot of signals that say you are going to hurt if you eat that last bite so I don't, so just be patient , it was not one of my virtues , but with being banded I know now I have to with drinks and food .

I have never met with a nutritionist, unless I dont think I have. I had my last fill 3 weeks ago and am starting to.feel some restriction, I dont feel as if im in the green zone yet though. I go in for a fill with a nurse and that's it's. Also I am using tru results Scottsdale and they seem so busy it takes forever to get an appt for a fill. I guess it's just not what I had expected as far as support goes. But already I am not gaining :-)

My WL Surgeon gave me appointments for my check ups and fills a whole year in advance. You may want to inquire to see if this is possible for you. Best Wishes :)