Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Insurance Has Been Approved!!!!

I think he'll change his tune when you're all nice and svelte and he can carry you around on his arm. But, I do like the idea of having HIM sign some paper.

Oh my gosh, I am soooo sorry that your husband is giving you grief. My husband was the one that encouraged me to have this done and even pushed a little when I was dragging my feet. Not sure if you have had the band done yet as you didn't mention which Tuesday it would be but if not, good luck. If you have had 5 children this should be a walk in the park. I had a few minor problems, ie, the left shoulder gas pains, which I used heating pad and a little port pain but for someone who doesn't do surgery well it has gone pretty well. My friend had it done the same day and her recoup was just a few days and back to work. I think my stomach was much weaker as I have had 3 c sections and not much muscle there to get up and down with. Let me know how it goes.

Talk with you soon.

You are from Ohio??? Great that your ins. is paying. That should encourage your husband.

I paid 9 grand for mine.

lovechunks I am not disputing the need for a preop diet. Just that each doc does it their own way within the experience that they have with their own patinets. Such as liquid vs. South Beach vs. none.

M

lotsofkids I'll be thinking about you this next week. Hope everything goes well.

Too bad we can't get you a little FRENCH MAID's outfit to serve them meals to the IMPORTANT GUESTS.

Had my banding yesterday and doing great so far. Detailed message in the general banding forum under the May Band Crew thread.

Myra

I just love to see your antics and comments. I would love to answer everyone personally....but it is getting late....and I am running tired...so please forgive me.

Don't worry about my hubby....I have been married over 23yrs....and he really is a decent guy....he just has this defective gene.....that he has to CONTROL everything...but I find ways to take it all in stride and find the humor in it all.....you just have to.

10 yrs ago....I was at a party, when I met a group of female residents that I never previously met. When they realized who I was....one of them spoke up and said "did you know, I pray for you every day?" I looked at her rather confused.....then she said...every day....I say "God help his wife!" We all burst out laughing....and it was the hit of my evening. I still remind him of that comment from time to time!

I have to find humor in my daily life....I don't believe in being stressed out even if those around you are too serious.

I am taking a stand for ME.....and I have been a devoted wife and Mom for way to long.....so whether....my family is on board or not......I am moving forward and I won't let anyone sabotage my success.

This weekend....I was out of town for my son's soccer tournament.....and we ate at restaurants....but I stood firm and chose wisely. My husband was insisting I join them for icecream and a pizza meal. I had a Soup....and was quite satisfied....as I am mentally up to the challenge. Although, during the pizza meal, while I refusing to eat a fatty, high calorie slice,...he said "you know...you are going to put yourself through a surgery and a lot of expense...and in the end you will ultimately end up the same wt you are now"

I smiled.....and let that one slide .... what else can you do?

Can't wait to prove him wrong...... : )

hugs...Diane

You go gurl.....prove him wrong and then say I TOLD YOU SO!!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers for Tuesday! Hope you have a very speedy recovery!

I loved your earlier post.....you are right....they "all" seem to have major quirks! LOL

thanks for your support and well wishes. (I really appreciate it)

Hey....we need to head off to sleep....do you know what time it is?

Good night John Boy

smiles......from Maryellen

aka....Diane : )

Diane,

I am so happy for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to hear from you after the surgery. I think that after time, your husband will realize that this was the right choice for you. When he sees the change in your life, he'll see it could only be a good thing. Good Luck. Talk to you soon.

3Loves, you are right on point with the hubby!! He sounds as if he will insecure once you lose the weight. You do what is best for you and your health because no man is promised to stay with us married or not. Congrats and keep us posted of your progress.

Diane -

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. You have a great attitude and you will do great. Have a quick recovery and let us know how you are doing. You can do this!!!!