Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would like to get an idea of what amount of weight people lose in the first 6 weeks. Kinda get a average. I am having my band done in a couple weeks and I am just curious

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

it varies person to person via their weight/bmi

larger bmi tend to lose faster....but on liquid pre and post op diets, its mainly water...some can lose alot and some just a wee bit....its a great start and a wonderful motivator...but to lose actual and true weight is to continue to eat well, let the band work...the on going process...just having WLS wont guarantee a weight loss..i know it is not the answer you wanted, but its the one i wanted to give.

Thanks for that. I do understand, I'm a little concerned because I have heard from a lot of people that sometimes with the band they don't lose any weight

Thanks for that. I do understand, I'm a little concerned because I have heard from a lot of people that sometimes with the band they don't lose any weight

take a gander at some people on here and that will show you, people with lap bands can and do lose weight when used correctly:

Missy

Jim1967

Lellow

just to name some who have lost 200+ pounds.....

and hundreds i dont mention who have lost 50+ and then some

yep, i suspect those who said it dont work, dont use it right...

i say go for it...

I am only 14 days post op. I started at 216.4. I was placed on an 800 calorie diet (mainly liquid for two weeks). Was about 208 day of surgery. I am 200 lbs. exactly two weeks out. So an average of four pounds a week for me. I have been at 200 lbs. since Tuesday though and I think its b/c my calories are so low. I ate 300-400 first week and am now at 500-650 or so. Hoping can get to 800-1,000 next week. I think if you follow the rules to the surgery you should be successful. I decided to have the band b/c I always felt hungry. It takes the edge off. I have had a few issues since surgery though that have depressed me some but hoping it will improve. Left shoulder pain from nerve irritation which has gotten a bit better and reflux which was RARE for me prior to surgery. And I have no Fluid in my band.

Would like to get an idea of what amount of weight people lose in the first 6 weeks. Kinda get a average. I am having my band done in a couple weeks and I am just curious

That's a question nearly impossible to answer, as we are individuals, and we begin our weight loss journey from different starting points, and with different contributing factors which have an effect on weight loss.

The most important thing to remember, the first 6 weeks post op are regarded to be for healing and not weight loss. You have had a significant surgery, and you have to heal from the initial trauma and swelling.

If you follow the post op directions given to you by your surgeon, the weight loss will come after the healing.

Best wishes for a successful weight loss journey...

I lost about 30lbs in the first 6 weeks.

I started the diet that the dietician gave me July 21st and as of September 23rd I weighed 31 pounds less. With every individual weight loss will be different...there is not one body type that is the same. I am very short so my BMI is high...I have high blood pressure and high blood sugar. So changing my diet of steady carbs and sugar to no carbs and no sugar I lost weight really quickly. So it really is an individual journey.