Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kind of an NSV?

So, the good news is I can no longer eat donuts! Yay! The bad news is, I really wanted that donut yesterday...but really, this is all about the good news, which is I can no longer eat donuts! Yay!

So, I am a year in, have lost half of what I had hoped to by now, and only now am I feeling like my "tool" is working to potential. However, I am thrilled it is working at all and I certainly did not get this big in a year...the 30 pounds gone came on over the last 8 years! So, I will carry on and hopefully find more foods over the next few months that I can no longer get down!

That is an NSV! I was happy when I could no longer eat chocolate. I tried a few sips of soda over the weekend and I don't like the feeling of the carbonation anymore. I'm happy about that, I was addicted to coca-cola in the worst way.

That's great old fashioned cake donuts & Bagels was my go to Breakfast so thankful I can not tolerate either of them!! :)

So' date=' the good news is I can no longer eat donuts! Yay! The bad news is, I really wanted that donut yesterday...but really, this is all about the good news, which is I can no longer eat donuts! Yay!

So, I am a year in, have lost half of what I had hoped to by now, and only now am I feeling like my "tool" is working to potential. However, I am thrilled it is working at all and I certainly did not get this big in a year...the 30 pounds gone came on over the last 8 years! So, I will carry on and hopefully find more foods over the next few months that I can no longer get down![/quote']

Let us newbies know what are the best foods you do/can tolerate. Inquiring minds want to know. Thx. Wtg on donuts they are certainly a gainer.

That's great old fashioned cake donuts & Bagels was my go to Breakfast so thankful I can not tolerate either of them!! :)

I love, love, love old fashioned cake donuts. My mouth is watering now, thank you! LOL

@ Donna everyone will be different I know that I am almost 7 months post up and doughy items and dry meats my band doesn't like. They make me feel stuffed after one or two bites. I chose healthier carbs and stray away from bread, donuts, cake, some chips, Bagels ect... I hope this helps

Donuts are in my past too! I am a little sad as it is apple cider donut time here in New England, but oh well. I suppose I could cut it up into tiny pieces, but really it's not the same as dipping a big chunk into hot cider.

I can still tolerate quite a few things, but I have found doughy things, like donuts and pancakes, are out now. Dry chicken is awful, and the other day I had trouble with pastrami. I never did drink much in the way of carbonated drinks, but now sometimes I have trouble drinking a beer. That was a rare thing anyway, so I won't miss it.

There was a veg I struggled with last week too, but now I can't remember what it was for the life of me...

I can still tolerate quite a few things' date=' but I have found doughy things, like donuts and pancakes, are out now. Dry chicken is awful, and the other day I had trouble with pastrami. I never did drink much in the way of carbonated drinks, but now sometimes I have trouble drinking a beer. That was a rare thing anyway, so I won't miss it.

There was a veg I struggled with last week too, but now I can't remember what it was for the life of me...[/quote']

I haven't tried bread yet. I'm one month banded. Still on soft foods. Having trouble overeating like this afternoon I ate too much fish...slimed. but getting used to how much I can eat. However my sugar was only 89 this evening after having fish and sm.salad for lunch. Makes me feel good. Donuts for me was maybe twice a year thing so won't be missing that too much. Eating lf frozen yogurt instead of icecream. Does the trick. I have my 1st fill coming up on the 2nd. I have lost about 23 lbs 6 weeks from preop. So maybe will see a little more progress. How are you doing?

I've never been big on donuts either, that was a once in a blue moon thing, but the other day they smelled so good...

So last night I took my niece out for her birthday dinner and we went to a new Ethiopian place she likes. I had more trouble with the Injera than I have ever had in the past, so I suppose that is now out too.

Well, still in the learning curve. Just have to keep trying and discarding things until I have it right, I guess!

I've never been big on donuts either' date=' that was a once in a blue moon thing, but the other day they smelled so good...

So last night I took my niece out for her birthday dinner and we went to a new Ethiopian place she likes. I had more trouble with the Injera than I have ever had in the past, so I suppose that is now out too.

Well, still in the learning curve. Just have to keep trying and discarding things until I have it right, I guess![/quote']

What is Injera? Anyhow that's what I'm finding too. Also we have been having tons of rain and I have severe sinus headaches from weather changes....spent last two days with Migraine type headaches. Today staying mostly on liquids to stave off upset stomach due to headaches. But am finding I'm getting more and more used to overeating LF frozen yogurt. Must watch that carefully a slider for sure.

When were u banded?

How are you finding yourself coping with all the changes, if any, for you?

May I ask how old you are and where from?

I'm 63...grandmother to 2 boys 4 girls ranging from 6 to 17. I was banded aug. 23. So still in soft food stage. Finding out the hard way what happens when I don't chew good enough or eat too fast or in a few cases when I overeat. No real damage...more my stupidity showing.. I'm learning though. What's your fave foods to eat?

What is Injera? Anyhow that's what I'm finding too. Also we have been having tons of rain and I have severe sinus headaches from weather changes....spent last two days with Migraine type headaches. Today staying mostly on liquids to stave off upset stomach due to headaches. But am finding I'm getting more and more used to overeating LF frozen yogurt. Must watch that carefully a slider for sure.

When were u banded?

How are you finding yourself coping with all the changes' date=' if any, for you?

May I ask how old you are and where from?

I'm 63...grandmother to 2 boys 4 girls ranging from 6 to 17. I was banded aug. 23. So still in soft food stage. Finding out the hard way what happens when I don't chew good enough or eat too fast or in a few cases when I overeat. No real damage...more my stupidity showing.. I'm learning though. What's your fave foods to eat?[/quote']

Oh from hudson florida just about an hour north of tampa. Have a great day!

Donna, I am 54, from Auburn, WA...a few miles SE of Seattle. I was banded a year ago. I am, apparently, one of the slow losers. But, I'm still losing, so that counts. I am scheduled to attend a 3-hour hypnosis in a couple of weeks to see if I can add to the tools the band has given me and really get beyond this food fixation!

Injera is a strange, damp, spongey bread that you pick up Ethiopian food with to eat it. It is a little bit sour, and served cold, while the rest of the food is served hot. The food is very good, and restaurants will give you a fork if you just can't eat with your hands...I'm afraid I am going to have to have a fork because I just can't eat the injera anymore...

I have 2 granddaughters; 5 and 7, and they are the reason I had surgery. I was so miserable in my body, and some days I had such a feeling of impending death, I knew I had to do something or I was not going to live to see them grow up. I am back to the weight I was 8 years ago, and my goal is to get another 80 pounds off. I want to be able to ride bikes with them, and horses, and pester them through their teens at least!

Donna' date=' I am 54, from Auburn, WA...a few miles SE of Seattle. I was banded a year ago. I am, apparently, one of the slow losers. But, I'm still losing, so that counts. I am scheduled to attend a 3-hour hypnosis in a couple of weeks to see if I can add to the tools the band has given me and really get beyond this food fixation!

Injera is a strange, damp, spongey bread that you pick up Ethiopian food with to eat it. It is a little bit sour, and served cold, while the rest of the food is served hot. The food is very good, and restaurants will give you a fork if you just can't eat with your hands...I'm afraid I am going to have to have a fork because I just can't eat the injera anymore...

I have 2 granddaughters; 5 and 7, and they are the reason I had surgery. I was so miserable in my body, and some days I had such a feeling of impending death, I knew I had to do something or I was not going to live to see them grow up. I am back to the weight I was 8 years ago, and my goal is to get another 80 pounds off. I want to be able to ride bikes with them, and horses, and pester them through their teens at least![/quote']

That's great! And it's so much fun through those years. We have done our fair share of raising our 13 gdaughter-Julie. She is so polite, empathic, caring, loving, yet her mom stifles her by making her stay inside...afraid she might get hurt or mom doesn't want to bother. Things like that. Julie is very withdrawn at times and I think she is afraid she'll do something wrong and if she does mom won't let her come see us. She feels we let her have her way too often. I'm afraid my daughter will be in for a rude awakening as Julie grows older. Her mom doesn't teach her anything. I let her cook teaching her to do laundry help her with her homework etc. Julie loves coming over here. She got grounded last week because she stayed after school to do a science project. Duh??!! My daughter (not married) with a 6 yrold who gets his way all the time is stifling Julie and she could be doing so much better in school than she is now if she only had the initiative and confidence.

I'm sorry didn't mean to dump on you. I get riled up when I think of it.

Julie should get every opportunity to learn but staying inside and having nothing to do or no help (except us) when we get the chance,. Ok I'm done.

I get my 1st fill on the 2nd. Not sure I'll be ok with it because of all the pills I take.

Completely different subject. Enjoy your babies while you can We have 6 gkids altogether. Four live in PA. Don't get to visit very often and my youngest daughters two Conner who just turned 6 and Julie 13. Don't get to see Conner often he's with his dad every other w/e and three 1/2days throughout the week.

Now I've told you all this I feel I just took up your time. You're thinking of spending time with your babies will definitely reward you each day. I'll shutup now.