Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Julie, I wanted to get that issue, did those girls have tummy tucks afterwards. there stomaches look so flat, i'm jealous!!!

I had a nice weekend. On Saturday, I went to a Breakfast on the beach sponsored by Kashi Cereal. Breakfast was served on tables on the beach with white tablecloths, umbrellas and sunflowers in vases. There was yogurt, juice, cereal, milk, fruit, coffee and tea. Then they had several activities going. My cousin and I did the yoga class, a walk on the beach and kayaking in the ocean! I had never kayaked before. It was really fun and not too hard! We even saw 2 dolphins swim by! Then we all got a gift tote bag with a big towel, Kashi Cookies, granola bar and cereal, a bowl and a sports bottle. It was a Chamber of Commerce Day in San Diego too-just perfect weather. My scale has been the same for awhile now, but I'm not worried. I have no fill and I'm not gaining! I will redouble my efforts once I'm off for the summer. Work is just too stressful right now. Hope everyone had a good Mother's Day and has a great week.

That sounds like a great day socalgirl. I like their cereal. Just got back from my Tai Chi class. Its not too relaxing as I'm trying to remember all the steps. :eek:

I'm not losing either, but not gaining. I want to get a small fill, but will wait until I see what happens with Dick. It looks like his surgery will be postponed as he has an upper respiratory infection. I don't think they will do surgery with that. I'm waiting for the final word.

If they don't do it on Wednesday then I'm going for a little fill. I think I could use it and .2 is something my body seems to be able to tolerate. If they would just listen to me and stop trying to fill me up I think I would have been at restriction before now.

Hope everyone is doing well. Just a few weeks and our anniversaries begin. :mad:

DH's surgery is tomorrow. We have to be at the hospital at 6 for his 7:30 back surgery. It can last 1 1/2-3 hours. He will stay in hospital for 3 days. PinkyLee is going to sit with me in the morning. I'm not good at this so I'm so thankful she is meeting me there. It will be nice to have a friend there.

Please send prayers and good thoughts are way. I'm very nervous about this and need to remain calm to I don't have any PBs.

DH is doing well. His surgery was long, but he came through. His recovery will be about 2 months. I can't believe how great he is doing. He will be in the hospital until Friday. Well I'm off to work now to try and get caught up so I can spend some time with him later this afternoon. He will need my help when he gets home.

Computer is finally up and running. Still a few gliches, but I'm relieved. I'm having afternoon munchies and plan on spending the afternoon at Walmart if I have to to avoid this new really stupid habit I'm forming. I'm not even hungry!!!!

Thanks for the bday wishes. It was a great day.

Just a short note. DH is doing well. He is a little tired today and is sleeping more. He didn't sleep well last night. They are going to keep him in hospital a little longer than we planned. OK by me as they are taking care of him and he's more comfortable there then home.

I'm tired so going to go to bed soon. Thanks for all the good thoughts our way.

Barbara, hope you got a good nights sleep.

I was good yesterday, but my scale showed a 3 pound gain. (must be my past sins catching up with me)

For some reason, my goals seem attainable this a.m.

A lot has to do with the fact that I'm resetting my goal from 159 to 175. It's the weight my gyn wants to see before any surgery.

Maintaining seems to be easy. Bouncing 3 - 4 pounds is so much better than my former self. A 15 pound loss might last 2 weeks once I quit my diet.

I'm off to a busy weekend. Company, out of town fam reunion and then back in time to host a small recital in my home. Lots of fun stuff packed in to one weekend! Wish me luck!

Hey ladies. I need some encouragement! I don't know if it's PMS, having no fill, stress or the fact that I am a compulsive overeater, but I just can't stop eating. I had some pain in my left shoulder blade area and it has me fearing stretching my pouch. I try to do liquids, but by the time I get home from work I am ravenous! I have no motivation to exercise. I only rode my stationery bike once this week for 30 minutes. Encourage me! Empathize with me! YELL at me! I don't want to become complacent or worse yet, cause another slip. Help please!

socalgal just get back to basics. You can do this. You have come too far to go off program. Try having a snack so you won't be so hungry when you come home. Increase the exercise. OK that's your lecture, your encouragement, your pep talk. :mad:

DH comes home today. I'll be glad to see him here. I've got a few things to do around the house and then I'll go get him. I need to get myself back on schedule. :mad:

I just finished watching the E true hollywood story about the Osbournes. Sitting there with my hubby, they report that Sharon lost 125 lbs in one year with her lap band. Then my hubby looks at me, and back at the TV. He did not say a word. But for some reason I want to take my fat ass and jump off the nearest bridge.

I just finished watching the E true hollywood story about the Osbournes. Sitting there with my hubby, they report that Sharon lost 125 lbs in one year with her lap band. Then my hubby looks at me, and back at the TV. He did not say a word. But for some reason I want to take my fat ass and jump off the nearest bridge.

I saw last year on a talk show promoting her book and she now is having the band taken out. Also keep in mind she had the band put in when it was first introduced back in England and her's is not the same band that we all have.

:)

That whole family is totally weird anyway!

Poodles your doing great and your ass is not fat!-lol