Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

Regina - So relieved for you. Continue to take care!

Cathy - WTGG. You look 10 years younger.

Re - All the tightness. I've even had lots of evening PBing. So much that I've considered an unfill (a first for me). Must be a disturbance in the force. All the best to each of you. Pbing, liquids and mushies do nothing for weight loss. Not fair! (must be that new cheese Soup I like so well) My hats off to you gals who deal with sensitivity to fills.

Socalgal3 - So do you feel like Job yet? His faith never wavered and he won in the end - you sound determined to win. And you are. Look at that ticker!

Good to hear from you Melissa and Janelle.

Glad you are on the mend Reginia.

Back from Curves. Feeling pretty good. I have some kind of restriction so we'll see. So far so good after the unfill. I'm back to almost regular food. I just couldn't do that liquid/mushie routin for 6 days!

Hello All,

Regina, glad to hear that you are on the mend! Where did you have your surgery?

Thank you, Lisa, for the great gall-bladder information! Very informative! I have kidney stones and it sounds like there are a lot of the same symptoms.

Cathy, you do look 10 years younger!

I played hookie today with my Mom & Daughter and went to see Wicked. We had center stage, second row seats. It was an AWESOME experience! What a show! Now I am spoiled and don't want to go back unless I have great seats again!!

Tomorrow night is the big Spring Dance at the school my kids go to (Middle School). I am one of the chaperones and will be busy from tomorrow afternoon until around 10:30 or 11:00 with a couple of hundred 7th & 8th graders. Wish me luck!!

Take care all!

Misty

Misty, I had it done at medical city in dallas. Well I am healing just still sore, yesterday I went out of the house and got my hair cut and a pedicure and manicure, I figured even if I felt bad i didn't have to look bad. LOL, my hubby didn't like it he said not to do too much but I told him I wasn't doing anything but sitting there and letting them pamper me. hehe

Regina --glad to hear your on the mend. You will be back to normal in no time.

MommaTrammel --I do not know what "rep power" means in the corner of our post. WOW, they really have changed the site. Have to learn my way around again.

Well, off to work.

Melissa

Good morning! I am feeling much better...thanks for everyones help and just knowing I had somewhere to go made me feel so good! I think it was a combination of a cold I got that went into my chest and caused me to cough a lot and allergies. I live in the valley and the spring is really bad here. I did a liquid diet for a few days and am coughing less and feeling much better. It really scared me though cause I don't want to lose my band! I am finally starting to see the weight come off and am loving it! I will try not to be a stranger although the next few months are going to be very busy for me.

I gave my 2 week notice yesterday at a job I have been at for almost 10 years and am now going to be commuting 50 miles 1 way every day until I sell my house and buy a new one closer to my new job. And my daughter graduates from High school June 8th. She will be going to college 100 miles from here. :confused:

I hope everyone has a super wekend!

I have some sort of bug. Fever, body aches, diarrhea. Doesn't sound like gall bladder. No real pain, just aches all over.

Always happens on Friday. If these sound like symptoms regarding band problems, please post.

Thanks

I don'tsee what you are talking about in the upper left corner. I do something added to each post like a scale next to the yellow triangle. It adds to our reputation! WOW

Everyone get better. Have a good weekend.

Wonder if we can blast bad guys depending on how much rep power we have.

Watch out evil doers... we have rep power!!!

Hello Junebies;

I just got home from a long stay at the hospital. I started having diarrhea last Saturday and by Sunday I was bedridden. I truly don't think that I have ever been so weak in my life. A couple of times I broke down crying because I was scared. Well..I made it through till Monday morning but I knew I needed to go see my PCP. He took my blood pressure and it was 50 on the bottom. He sent me to the hospital immediately for IV fluids. I was admitted on Monday at about noon and I just got out on Thursday morning. The diarrhea continued until Wednesday and they didn't want to stop it until they found out if it was a parasite or a nasty infection. On Wednesday they sent me down for a colonoscopy and after that I got nausea and vomiting. They gave me finegrin sp? anyway I slept for 17 hours straight. All in all I think I have decided to go get a huge unfill. When they tested my blood I was extremely low on a lot of nutrients including potassium, Calcium and creatine. I am seriously thinking about getting all of the saline out for a few months and giving my body a break.

I can barely eat and I think that is why the virus I got took me to such a serious condition. So far I have lost 80lbs in 9 months so I am happy with where I am even if I don't lose another pound!

Dancing Queen

Dr. Rumbaut

6/27/06

257/175c/150ish

Barbara, upper right hand corner. Sorry if I said left!

Melissa-They sure have changed things. It takes me 5 minutes to find us, lol!!

Poodles, you are too funny! Who do they think they are messing with everything like this? They should at least explain what they did!!

Regina, just wondering,,, My DH works at Baylor... He is a brain surgeon. Just Kidding... :( He works in engineering... Glad you are doing ok, take advantage of the pampering while you can!!! It wont last forever!

Dancing Queen, So sorry to hear of your sickness... Maybe you do need to get an unfill for a while. couldn't hurt. what did your doc advise? Keep us posted !

Pinky, Chako, everyone, hope to hear u all are doing better soon!

Thanks MommaTrammel,

My doctor totally blamed the virus or whatever I had. They never really found out what it was. But I know that since I got my last fill 3 weeks ago of .6 that took me to 3.2 in a 5.0 band that I wasn't eating enough and I was so tight that I couldn't swallow my Vitamins. I tried drinking Ensure but even that went down extremely slow. I've learned a valuable lesson. If I am that tight I don't need to wait that long to go and get an unfill. You never know when you are going to get sick and your immune system needs to stay strong.

I've lost 13lbs since the fill and I told myself I was waiting to see if the fill loosened up before flying to Dallas for an unfill but I really think I was enjoying seeing the scale go down so much that I wasn't thinking rationally.

Dancing Queen

Dr. Rumbaut

6/27/06

257/179/Thinking about stopping here!

WOW I can't believe how sick you got!! I'm so glad you are feeling better. Maybe try some liquid vitamins for a while and see if you can build your system back up. I understand the 80 lb loss being enough. We are 10 months into this and at some point you just get tired. Tired of all the attention the band gets!!!

Hopefully we have learned to be kind to ourselves without resorting to food. I have found time to work out, get facials, get massages, and always get my nails done. That is how I take care of myself without food. It doesn't cost anymore than a eating session with the wrong foods!!

I'm glad most of you are on the mend. Take care of yourselves. Pamper yourselves. Go for those unfills if it will make your life better and allow you to eat the right foods.

It seems the last few weeks most of the board has been in some type of trauma. Let's take a few moments to reflect on our accomplishments. Let's vow to take care of ourselves first so we can do what we need to do for others.

Take a deep breathe Junebies. It's our time. Love you gals. Big hug to all.