Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

It's not really that i have a problem getting enough CALORIES, because I think I probably get too many calories... I just don't eat the RIGHT type of calories. I eat very little food throughout the day, but what I do eat in the evening is BAD, usually! I am trying very hard to do better. I want to get to ONDERLAND before my birthday, MAY 12, so I am going to strive to make good choices and to make every calorie count! It is just way too easy to eat the bad stuff and not the good stuff. The first six months or so it seems like I could get away with that and still loose, not so true anymore. I did make it to the gym today, and ate highly seasoned, boiled chicken for dinner, and stayed away from Starbucks!!!! So, I did good today! Will take it one day at a time!

I don't like the sugar subs in my coffee either... please let me know how the flavoring is...

Barbara - you are doing so good going to Curves! My gym is so crowded at night that I hate to go, so I end up going only on Sat & Sun, which is better than never, but I wish I could get in 3 to 4 times a week. You rock!

Oh, yeah, one more thing, how was the play, pinkylee, and what did you all see?

That place where 15 lbs lost will place me. I've been here before so I'm going for it. Only this time I'm eating right and not PBing.

coffee - the Irish Cream I got at GloriaJeans Coffee in the mall. Not so great after the first few sips. I did manage some sweet n low (pink) and it wasn't so bad. (I don't like splenda or equal at all) I think I'll just stick with flavored hot teas.

Congrats on the good day Momma! We went to see Wicked and it was fantastic!

We went to eat Taco salads after. I had grilled fajita beef. I ate the meat, a few bites of cheese, the guac and sour cream and a tiny amount of tomatoe slices. I could have ordered no guac, no sour cream, no cheese and chicken rather than beef. Every food choice was wrapped around how easy it would be to get down and stay down.

I'm flat out eating too fast. My goal this week is to take 30 minutes to eat each meal.

First PB since fill today-UGH! I tried so hard to be good. Went out for Mexican and ordered a tortilla Soup. I had a few chips and salsa-BAM! Off to the restroom. I tried so hard to keep it down, but it was coming back no matter what. Then I guess I was swollen because I tried the soup and off to the restroom again. Back to liquids for the rest of the day.

Am going to see Wicked April 17 with my Mom and DD... I can't wait!!!

I, too, eat what will go down and stay down!! Pity, isn't it? The things that they DON"T tell you will happen beforehand! Splenda-I don't mind it, but it is really sweet! OK, 30 minutes per meal. I'll do it with you....

Yes, ONEDERLAND-WONDERLAND- that place that I am striving for!!!

Socalgal, I can so relate...

scales still haven't budged:( :cry

scales are inching downward after their 3 month hiatus. Three mile walk each evening is getting easier. Still doing my walking DVD in the am and turning it into a 20 minute cardio with weights. DD is a great motivator. She really wants to lose 60 pounds by mid-August. She's lost 9 so far!!!

I know I could be doing better on the eating portion of this DD challenge. Thanks Momma for jumping on the 30 minute wagon with me.

Hey guys I thought I would share something from a friend who has lost a bunch of weight. She had really bad batwings (like me), she found that if she took a medicine ball and held it with both hands behind her back for 3 minutes at a time (in the air not against your butt) it reduced them, matter of fact she hardly has any batwings left!!!! Gonna have to try it, I bet it will be the longest 3 minutes of my life!!!!

lunch while chatting on phone with DD and I got stuck! I've got to learn how to be pleasant while chew chew chewing!

Regina

I'm gonna try it as soon as I can! Correlates with my thought process about PS this a.m. Who needs to spend time and money if they can avoid it?

Thanks!!!!

Well I started my research into arm surgery. There are not enough 3 minute exercises in the world to get rid of my bat wings. Of all the things I thought I would do this wasn't one of them. However, these things have got to go. ;) I'm thinking December.

That sugar gum looks good. Order some PinkyLee and give it a try. What's another $15?

Hope everyone is doing OK with their fills and unfills. I'm eating too much stll, but I'm losing. The fill next week should jump start me.

Thanks Socalgal. I've ordered it. I'll share it with DM. If it works on her, we better buy stock in the company. I watched her eat 7 slices of cake and cheese cake at her birthday party. I guess I come by my sweet tooth honestly.

LOL Barbara, so true. The money I've spent in "snake oil treatment" for weight loss could have funded a decent trip around the world!

All this walking and legs are not so painful! A miracle. It helps to be walking on a special trail through Memorial Park. The best things in life really are free.

I was just wondering what type of pre-op diets everyone was put on by their surgeons, Nurse NP, or Dietician's before surgery. How long were you on it? How much did you lose?

I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield of New York and they do require a 6 month documented diet with proof from your primary of your weight on your medical records.

I had that and then some!

The Surgeon I choose also has a Dietician and her along with the Nurse NP have special guidelines for pre-and post op diets. They require that you do two weeks of Optifast ( you have to purchase it from them ) before surgery.

I was approved on June 1st and given a surgery date of June 13th so I was not on the Optifast for the full 2 weeks!

Needless before the Optifast I was weighted at 290 and on the day of surgery after doing the pre-op diet I was 283 which is a 7 pound weight loss!

I Always go by the 290 number as my starting weight and then just keep subtracting the numbers as I go along. I was wondering if that is how others are using the weight loss ticker.

Also my first fill was covered as part of my after surgery care as were my first three months by my insurance.

I have to see my Nurse NP and My Dietican every month for the first year and they are not considered out of network and I have submit reciepts and get remburished( The office vist for each is $80.00, and my fills are $80.00 each time I get one.)

I Know we all have different insurance, and Iam the only one here form New York , but Iam courious to see what everyone has to say.

I was self-pay in Mexico and was on a pre-op diet for 2 weeks. They didn't require a certain plan, but recommended different Protein Shakes for the liquid plan. I started at 245 and weighed 237 on surgery day, so I lost 8 lbs. pre-op. I am sure I was 250 or more at times, but that was my official weight when I started this process. For my ticker I use 245 as my start weight. Putting me at a 55 pound loss right now.