Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2006 Band Crew

So I went home last night and was a little afraid to eat. I finally got lunch down, but it took 90 minutes of eating real slow and stopping for a while. When I got home I had a cup of tea before tackling dinner. Anyway I had a few chips with queso and Beans. I had about 10 bites before I got full. It was so good, but when it was time to stop, it was time to stop. Gurgle gurgle. Later I had DH make me an ice cream malt. It went down just fine. No problems. No gurgles. Go figure.

This morning I didn't have anything. It felt strange not to have my coffee and meds. Poor DH didn't know what to do as he makes the coffee and crushes my meds. I've been up a few hours and now at work. I have had 2 sips of coffee. Its not as bad as other mornings, but still can't take a big sip. I definitely think I have restriction now in the mornings.

I guess if this had started at the beginning I would be used to it and it wouldn't seem so strange. Since I haven't really experienced this before I am just struggling to find my way.

Looking forward to lunch today with PinkyLee, Barbara, and hopefully Melissa. Its a rainy day, but it will still be fun. Meet you outside Ninfa's in the food court.

Aimee - I did try l/4 c pineapple juice and lots of hot tea. Feeling better, but I am swelling some. This time it feels like gas.

Unfill seems unreasonable. This last fill was back in November, so whatever is making me tight is maybe food allergy, or stomach muscle tightening due to stress. Or just old age.

I hope things are better for you this morning! The band is fickle sometimes I think :(

Lady - Can't help you but sympathize as four female family members are on anxiety meds. They take their meds faithfully and aside from occasional but manageable anxiety, they do very well. None take the same meds, so it's definitely a trial and error kind of thing. Follow your doctor's orders and if you don't feel relief call and they will work with you.

All the best.

I have heard about pineapple juice before. I may try to get some small cans to have on hand.

I saw my doctor yesterday and she did a pelvic exam and scheduled me for an ultrasound. I am kind of worried about it but she seems to think it may be related to weight loss and the release of estrogen stored in fat cells.

She also said that I am suffering from Post Traumatic Stress. She gave me Lexapro. I took one last night at bed time because that is when I take my meds. I woke up this morning and got so dizzy and naseaus I had to go right back to bed. I was seeing flashers and got immediately hot (especially at the front of my head) and was sweating profusely. I got something to eat and I felt better. I called her today and she said to take just 1/2 a pill for a few days. If there is anyone on here that takes these kind of meds (anxiety/depression) I would love some imput. I explained it to my DH who takes meds for depression and he says that is how he feels if he misses a dose.

Depending on the med, some have a long 'life' and a short 'life'. The long life type take a while to get into your system and start to take effect, but the upside is that if you miss a dose, because of the length of efficacy, you don't normally feel bad. That's the type of medicine Lexapro is...it takes a few weeks to kick in, but you dont usually feel side effects from missing it. The short life type gets into your system immediately, and takes effect immediately; however, because it is short acting so to speak, it leaves your system quickly, and you feel 'withdrawals' if you don't take it on time or miss a dose.

Hope this helps?

I saw my doctor yesterday and she did a pelvic exam and scheduled me for an ultrasound. I am kind of worried about it but she seems to think it may be related to weight loss and the release of estrogen stored in fat cells.

Ladypitboss, can you tell me some about what's going on with your reason for going about the pelvic exam (if it's not too personal)? Ive been having pain in my lower right pelvic area and I've NEVER had gynecological issues before, so it seems weird. I was thinking appendix....your post stood out to me.

Pinkylee:Sorry about the delayed response. My computer has major issues. We've got a new one coming this week.

I had vein surgery on 1/9. It went well, the doctor decided not to take out the whole vein as originally planned. He took out 5 sections of the vein making 5 nasty incisions up my leg. He said it would put me back on my feet faster. I don't know about rushing back to work, I'm kind of enjoying this time with the kids. I stay home most days, Chi-town is cold and snowy.

I'm not excercising much but I did remove anything tempting snack-wise from the house. Sometimes I move around the kitchen, looking in all of the cabinets, the fridge, and the freezer. I'm looking for something I may have missed. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy looking for something awful to eat. I realize now that I am a serious boredom eater!

Amen! Tribon.

I thought I had food under control until all the holiday treats came in the house. Good for you in recognizing the need to purge the crap!

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating - Bigelow's vanilla Carmel, and their Chai tea's are like dessert with 2 sweet n lows and a little Creamer. Warm and comforting.

Good luck on recovery process and enjoy the down time!

Pinky, when are you going to discover Splenda girl!? I love the stuff and could never go back to the pink stuff. It is the only artificial sweetner that is heat stable so you can cook with it.

warmmorningsun, Well I probably should have talked to her months ago. I have cramps that press down. Not in my gut or back down. And I huge ginormous clots. Well the week after my accident (started my period the day after) I am in the bathroom at Wendy's and there is some kind of tissue sitting in the toilet. It was pink and fleshy looking. I couldnt even get my DH to come look at it as it was public ladies room. So when I took my DD for a sports physical I asked my doc about it and she wanted to do an exam and ultrasound. When she did my pelvic she said the my uterus was a little large but not alarmingly so. So I am waiting for the ultrasound till Feb 2. I have never had any problems either but I am diligent about going for my yearly exam. My last exam was in July.

As far as leg veins, I am looking toward a less invasive procedure for that too. One is called VENUS and I cant remember what the other is. Both use a catheter to get into the vein and one uses radio waves and the other uses heat to close the vein as the catheter is withdrawn. I will not even go try to see anyone about it untill I am in onederland. That is still a ways away. I guess I am just not a fan of being cut on. My friend had hers stripped and had like 48 staples in each leg. Yikes! I am even looking in to body thermage for loose skin because I dont think I would like to go through the recovery of plastic surgery and the scars are awful.

Barbara4 I am watching your fill pretty close. I think I am happy with my fill amount but between the holidays and this recent stress I think my surgeon will want to give me another little one. The last 2 or 3 fills I have gotten horribly stuck for the first few weeks and PB'd a few times. I live 4 hours away from my surgeon and fear having to make a quick trip back for an unfill. My last 2 fills have been only .2cc. The last 4 or 5 weeks have been easier to eat. So maybe it will relax in a few days. I think I could live with this level of restriction. I just need to be making better decisions and get back to my exercise routine.

lunch was fun yesterday. Everyone is looking great, but Barbara12 definitely looks closest to goal. She looked amazing!

I didn't make my anniversary goal. I probably could have. I ate lots of carbs the day before and my weight went to 190 again. Anniversary dinner last night was great. We shared a steak dinner and had a nice quiet evening. I enjoyed wearing my new pantsuit, but honestly I think I'm a jeans and nice t-shirt kind of girl when we go out. Comfort first.

Anyone else surprised at their "new" clothing tastes?

I ran out of my lo-carb slimfast - no big deal, I'll just "egg it" for Breakfast. Not happenin' this morning.

Two new things I need to realize in my new bandster life:

1. Nothing solid before 9:30

2. Number goals are not conducive to my weight loss.

Pinky, when are you going to discover Splenda girl!? I love the stuff and could never go back to the pink stuff. It is the only artificial sweetner that is heat stable so you can cook with it.

Lady, For some reason I get a bitter aftertaste with everything but sweetnlow. Guess I have old fashioned taste buds.

Melissa Lea, I've read positive and negative press on splenda. What's your take on the artificial sweetner info?

Pinky.......thanks for the kind words. I was amazed at how great everyone looks. I haven't seen Melissa since surgery day and she looks like a different person. You and Barbara4 have changed significantly since I met you a couple months ago. I guess we are all at the point that it really is showing! I am still at least 40 pounds from my goal and I would love to be at goal by Vegas time..........but I'm sure gonna have to get busy. My weight has not gone down since my unfill two days after Christmas. I am scheduled for a fill next Wednesday. I am going to just get a couple tenths and see how that works for me.

I had such a great time at lunch yesterday as well.

Surgery day Barbara12 --that's starting to feel so long ago. You too look like a completely different person. For those that don't remember, Barbara12 and I had our surgeries back to back by the same surgeon. I was first one in, last one to leave (post op nausea got me).

Barbara4 and Pinky also looks emazing. It's so easy to see the transformation in other people. I wished I could see it in myself a little better.

Pinky --my take on splenda. Go for it if you want. SPLENDA® is the brand name for the ingredient sucralose. It is made through a patented, multi-step process that starts with sugar and converts it to a no calorie, non-carbohydrate sweetener. The process selectively replaces three hydrogen-oxygen groups on the sugar molecule with three chlorine atoms. Chlorine is present naturally in many of the foods and beverages that we eat and drink every day ranging from lettuce, mushrooms and table salt. In the case of sucralose, its addition converts sucrose to sucralose, which is essentially inert. The result is an exceptionally stable sweetener that tastes like sugar, but without sugar's calories.

Melissa Lea

Well just call me chicken, but I've scheduled a slight unfill tomorrow. I couldn't keep dinner down - queso and Beans after just a few bites. All I had yesterday was queso and beans for lunch and activia. I can't keep anything down today. I have taken my meds but it was a struggle and now just trying to keep them in.

I should have realized sooner that when they saw restriction on the fluro that I would be in trouble. I thought at the time this was something to worry about, but promptly forgot about it. I remembered today when I was trying to decide what to do. I've given it a good try, but I can't live like this another 6 days. I always worry about slippage when too tight. Oh well, I'll have them take out .1 or .2 and see where we are.

Okay ladies.....the good news-I'm below 200. The BAD news-I have a slipped band. I was too upset to post about it last week, but I am coming to terms with it now. I go in for surgery next Tuesday. They say there is a 50/50 chance of fixing or losing the band, so I will report back next week. I am on liquids now(have been for a week) and have bad heartburn and back pain. I don't know if it is my fault totally, but I admit to eating too much, too fast and PB'ing alot. It was an expensive lesson, so I implore you all to continue to be good little bandsters and chew chew chew, etc. You guys are a great group, so I know you'll help me once I'm on the other side of this mess, just like you have up until now.

M