Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEWLY BANDED 9/13/13!

Hello everyone! I was just banded yesterday 09/13/13! Im so happy and excited about my new future. I must say that this website has been a god sent for me because i went into surgery knowing what to expect due to everyone's previous posts! I have to admit that I was very very scared because id never been under before. They did have a problem getting my iv in, but after that everything was ok. After the surgery, I was on a cpap machine because i have severe sleep apnea which i found out the night before my surgery at my sleep study. Yes I said the night before! lol My surgeon ordered it at the last minute. At first i was angry but im glad that i did it. The shoulder and chest pain were pretty bad at first because of the hernia repair and the gas x and walking have been a great help as well. I did have horrible leg cramps afterwards but the nurse gave me a muscle relaxer via iv which worked immediately thank god!!Im now ready to see what the future holds! :rolleyes:

I hope you are doing well now! I had my surgery yesterday. Having terrible gas pains - trying to walk and take gas x strips. Not really helping that much but I'm

Hello everyone! I was just banded yesterday 09/13/13! Im so happy and excited about my new future. I must say that this website has been a god sent for me because i went into surgery knowing what to expect due to everyone's previous posts! I have to admit that I was very very scared because id never been under before. They did have a problem getting my iv in, but after that everything was ok. After the surgery, I was on a cpap machine because i have severe sleep apnea which i found out the night before my surgery at my sleep study. Yes I said the night before! lol My surgeon ordered it at the last minute. At first i was angry but im glad that i did it. The shoulder and chest pain were pretty bad at first because of the hernia repair and the gas x and walking have been a great help as well. I did have horrible leg cramps afterwards but the nurse gave me a muscle relaxer via iv which worked immediately thank god!!Im now ready to see what the future holds! :rolleyes:

Congratulations on your surgery...how are you feeling today?

I hope you are doing well now! I had my surgery yesterday. Having terrible gas pains - trying to walk and take gas x strips. Not really helping that much but I'm

Try a heating pad, it's been working wonders for me so far. I was also banded yesterday!

congrats on surgery

keep sipping and sip some more...keep moving and def rest...and live the your dr's instructions

best of luck to you :)

Contrats to all of you new banders. I'm 4 months out and have lost 43 lbs. I have only had one fill and will get my 2nd one week after next. I'm excited to finally get some restriction, hopefully. Just remember right now is not about losing weight, but healing. Drink plenty to keep from getting dehydrated and keep your Protein up. It'll pass pretty fast.

Thank you for posting! Pre-band here and so excited for all you new bandters. Hope you are healing well, sleeping, walking and recovering beautifully. Best wishes for this new chapter -- yippee!

Congratulations! Keep us posted on how it goes. I have been wanting to have the surgery for 2 years and I just found out about this app so I will be turning to you guys for guidance.

Hello all - I had surgery - Friday the 13th- the second day was the worst day! I had terrible gas pains with upper chest pain. I walked 1 hour yesterday morning, about 15 min in the afternoon and then went to the mall to walk with my husband for about an hour - I was in so much pain, but afterwards the gas pain got better! After I took a pain pill & went to sleep I feel alot better today & the gas is finally breaking up! Yea

Hello all - I had surgery - Friday the 13th- the second day was the worst day! I had terrible gas pains with upper chest pain. I walked 1 hour yesterday morning' date=' about 15 min in the afternoon and then went to the mall to walk with my husband for about an hour - I was in so much pain, but afterwards the gas pain got better! After I took a pain pill & went to sleep I feel alot better today & the gas is finally breaking up! Yea[/quote']

I was banded Friday as well. Yesterday was by far the hardest. The gas pain hurt but, I walked as much a possible. Today I showered and now I feel amazing.

Best of luck on your journey! I promise if you follow the rules it gets better and the gas goes away!