Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello mass. people

Hi,

Has anyone had lap band at Mercy?? I am getting scared because I do not see ANYONE who has had surgery there, only one person who looked into it and got "spooked" I am scheduled for consultation with Dr. Kasper June 28th, should I run away????

It's true Tommygirl I have not seen anyone on this site that has been to Mercy look into it further if you have this spooky feeling:cry

Myself I had it done by a great surgeon Dr,Haag and Baystate Medical Center is the best in caring for patients..that is the only place I ever go to and believe when I tell you I worked there for 23 yrs and those nurses and doctors ae the best around...

So go by what you are feeling..keep us posted and good luck..

This is the best thing I have ever done for myself..almost 30 pound less and feel like a million bucks..:faint: :)

:clap2: Your doing great! Isn't it amazing how much better you feel? I, unfortunatly, am at a plato, I have been trying to go to the gym at least 2 to 4 times a week, but I guess this is something that just happens. But I have gone from squeezing myself into a size 20 pants to a 14:dance: so I guess I shouldn't complain. Keep up the good work!:):P

It's true Tommygirl I have not seen anyone on this

Myself I had it done by a great surgeon Dr,Haag and Baystate Medical Center

That is where I think I'll be going,, I called Dr Haag's office and have a appointment at the seminar on August 3rd. in Sprgfld. then go from there, it should be easy going, I have a BMI of over 50, sleep aponea (SP?) and hypertennsion.

Good luck to everyone no matter what stage your in !!!!

Hi everyone!

2 weeks to go and starting to get nervous. Work has been harder to do with all this weight to move about, it depresses me at times. Now I am trying to lose a few pounds before operation.

How do i get a tickle chart on my posts?

I had my band done at BIDMC with Dr. Schneider. He and his staff are awesome!! I am finally getting with the exercise- joined the Y. I haven't done a whole lot of extra moving since surgery and haven't lost as much as I could have. I didn't think it would be this hard! Wah, wah, wah....Anyway, just dropped in to say hello from Southbridge MA.

Hello, fellow Bay Staters! I'm in the Berkshires, but I was banded at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield by Dr. Haag. In fact I'm going there tomorrow for my third fill. Do the Haag/Fiallo patients still attend the monthly support meetings? I stopped going when I found this forum, which pretty much answers all the concerns I have.

:)Hi Bluehill

I am a patient of Dr Haag too..kind of stopped losing:phanvan got banded May 12 only have lost 30 pounds:eek:

Had 2 fills first was 1cc and then 1/2 cc.I think I need anyother fill ..:cry .

This is a great site people here become like a Lapband Family...

I am starting my excercise to the ymca on sat been a real bad girl have NOT excercise at all only walking up the stairs:cry

But I can tell you 30 pounds off my body feels so good:clap2:

Everyone at Baystate was fantastic. Dr Haag did a wonderful job. I'm so happy to be in Bandland finally. I'm still waiting to find out if my final appeal was accepted. I self paid because I just kept getting more and more distraught waiting. It was worth it just to say the hell with the Insurance. If it comes through now, they are supposed to reimburse me. If not, at least I won't be bummed out again. Good luck to all.

Hi everyone,

Got banded one week ago at Brigham & Womans, by Dr. Ashley Vernon. When I met originally with them,( surgeon, PA and nutritionist) I wanted to have the entire bypass surgery, and they were so complete with the complications, and were aware that I had never had surgery of any kind, and were aware that I was a neverous wreck. I told them I wanted to only go through this once, and they were serious pushing for the lap band, because they felt that with my weight, (283) and a five year plan, I could get to my target weight with the less invasive sugery. The experience was OK, except that they were 4 hours overdue in the OR, but gave me sedating drugs - The nurses on the floor were fine, and couldn't really complain. I think I would have liked someone to hold my hand a little more, but, being 45, I should be grown up enough to deal.. So, if anyone wants to know more about Brigham, feel free to ask.

Caroline

banded 8/2/06

Brigham & Womans

Dr. Ashley Vernon

Hi Caroline,

I am in the process with Dr. Vernon and her office. So far i have just had the psych eval. I meet with Dr. Vernon on Sep 22 at the falknur. I am just curious about the waiting rooms at either/both hospitals (whatever you had experience with) This is going to sound random but do they have all WLS panhlets everywhere, my dad is going to be giving me a ride and i haven't told him yet. So i want to know if i should give him some money and have him go to the caf. I will tell my dad but not until closer to my surgery date he is a real blabber mouth and i don't want the whole world to know yet. Thanks

Areil

They are probably going to want to keep you overnight!! So, you might have to tell somebody. Brigham is a nice, but really busy hospital. I've never been to the Faulkner.

best of luck

Caroline

My mom and my sister know already. It's just my dad that i am going to tell a few days before the surgery. I plan on having the surgery done in late dec. early Jan and if i tell him now, he will tell everyone he knows. I know they keep you overnight after the surgery is that what you are talking about? or do they keep you overnight to do some sort of testing before that. Good luck with your band!