Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tried laying on my side

Because I have back problems so it's hard being on my back all the time. When I tried laying on my side I felt the gas pain in my shoulders cone back worse than ever. Any advice on how top get more comfortable without having to be on my back all day?

Movement is your best bet to get rid of that awful gas pain. Take deep breaths and walk, walk, walk! Move your arms as much as possible. The pain does go away even though you think it won't, it will. Try sleeping with a heating pad, the heat helped my back tremendously.

I know it is awful.

I have taken Windeze and Peppermint Tea and Peppermint cordial and like dawalsh suggest walked around a lot and used a hot Water bottle.

mine is easing up now, I find it is worse when I am hungry.

Good Luck :) x

Walking, Gas X and a heating pad helped me, but I slept in a recliner until the shoulder pain was gone, it helped a lot and I was comfy. Best wishes :)

I took gas x for the first time today and I feel amazing!

What a relief when that happens :) Since I have been on mushy diet my wind has amazingly improved.

Gasx and counter pressure allowed me to sleep on my side from day 1, I have back issues too, the side is the only option! I put a folded up sheet in a pillowcase and held that on my tummy, as well as hugged a pillow over that. I kinda tucked the pillow under my belly too to support it up.

Because I have back problems so it's hard being on my back all the time. When I tried laying on my side I felt the gas pain in my shoulders cone back worse than ever. Any advice on how top get more comfortable without having to be on my back all day?

I loved the heating pad for the shoulder pain/gas pain but wanted to not be laying down.... went to Walgreens and got a portable heating pad (had Beans in it kinda:?/)... it's the one you put in the microwave to heat up... worked wonders and I was able to still be active... good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches