Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband with plication

Did anyone else get the lapband with plication? I am three weeks post-op and had this procedure on July 25th. I always feel so swollen still and I can't even imagine getting a fill anytime soon... I feel like I'm constantly choaking and I don't even like eating period at this point. Does anyone else experience this? Could it be from the plication? FYI I've seen a doctor and nothing physically seems wrong

I have had the lapband and plication and so did my husband. I healed up right away and I have no trouble eating drinking or digesting food. My husband who was banded three days after me, had nice restriction for quite some time after surgery.

I have needed multiple fills and I am not in that green zone just yet, and the hubby is doing well without as many fills. Everyone is different, and I know there are some people who have had the lapband and plication and have never needed a fill.

Your still in the healing stages right now. As you move forward if you feel that you are eating more or not being held as long then you might need a fill then. Right now sounds like you're doing great.

What is plication? :mellow:

Plication is a procedure where the stomach below the band is pleated. A portion of the stomach is folded in on itself and stitched. It works in a similar way as the gastric sleeve without having to cut, staple or remove any part of the stomach.

I am part of a horror story. to this very second I am still crying I cant sleep I cant take in any fluids I was banded ok 10/9 everything went well while in the hospital I stayed an extra hour cause I throw up a tiny bit of Fluid but stayed an extra hour just in case. I was out of the hospital by 4:30 home by 5:00 and calling the doctor back by 1pm the next day totally dehydrated hurting sick as a dog I was throwing up all night the gut retching ones that sound demonic. I was then ordered back into the hospital for 2 days was out yesterday by 2pm and I am now going through the same damn thing. I don't want to go back into the hospital but I don't want to die from this this is the worst thing (other then labor) that has ever happened to me. I cant take anything by mouth its been 5 damn days I am thirsty I cant be a mother and I cant be a wife all I can be is sick this isn't what I signed up for. after the fact I was told that this happens to 1 out of 50 people guess I should play the lottery I am the one lucky one. this is terrible now all I want is this thing outta me and to go back to normal the way I use to be fat and happy with no sickness. I feel like this will never end I have just about lost it. I taken all the classes and got all the information and the pros and cons of everything I was ready but I wasn't ready for this. now all I can do is throw up in my hospital basin, cry from the pain. and hear everyone else's voices in the family wishing mom would get better. I don't have time for this BS. I need help

I am part of a horror story. to this very second I am still crying I cant sleep I cant take in any fluids I was banded ok 10/9 everything went well while in the hospital I stayed an extra hour cause I throw up a tiny bit of Fluid but stayed an extra hour just in case. I was out of the hospital by 4:30 home by 5:00 and calling the doctor back by 1pm the next day totally dehydrated hurting sick as a dog I was throwing up all night the gut retching ones that sound demonic. I was then ordered back into the hospital for 2 days was out yesterday by 2pm and I am now going through the same damn thing. I don't want to go back into the hospital but I don't want to die from this this is the worst thing (other then labor) that has ever happened to me. I cant take anything by mouth its been 5 damn days I am thirsty I cant be a mother and I cant be a wife all I can be is sick this isn't what I signed up for. after the fact I was told that this happens to 1 out of 50 people guess I should play the lottery I am the one lucky one. this is terrible now all I want is this thing outta me and to go back to normal the way I use to be fat and happy with no sickness. I feel like this will never end I have just about lost it. I taken all the classes and got all the information and the pros and cons of everything I was ready but I wasn't ready for this. now all I can do is throw up in my hospital basin, cry from the pain. and hear everyone else's voices in the family wishing mom would get better. I don't have time for this BS. I need help

You need to go back to the hospital immediately. Dehydration is very dangerous and vomiting with the band, especially only a couple days after surgery, is also very dangerous.

Best wishes.

I am part of a horror story. to this very second I am still crying I cant sleep I cant take in any fluids I was banded ok 10/9 everything went well while in the hospital I stayed an extra hour cause I throw up a tiny bit of Fluid but stayed an extra hour just in case. I was out of the hospital by 4:30 home by 5:00 and calling the doctor back by 1pm the next day totally dehydrated hurting sick as a dog I was throwing up all night the gut retching ones that sound demonic. I was then ordered back into the hospital for 2 days was out yesterday by 2pm and I am now going through the same damn thing. I don't want to go back into the hospital but I don't want to die from this this is the worst thing (other then labor) that has ever happened to me. I cant take anything by mouth its been 5 damn days I am thirsty I cant be a mother and I cant be a wife all I can be is sick this isn't what I signed up for. after the fact I was told that this happens to 1 out of 50 people guess I should play the lottery I am the one lucky one. this is terrible now all I want is this thing outta me and to go back to normal the way I use to be fat and happy with no sickness. I feel like this will never end I have just about lost it. I taken all the classes and got all the information and the pros and cons of everything I was ready but I wasn't ready for this. now all I can do is throw up in my hospital basin' date=' cry from the pain. and hear everyone else's voices in the family wishing mom would get better. I don't have time for this BS. I need help [/quote']

I don't understand why you don't want to go back to the hospital. The things that are happening to you are not normal and you can be in serious danger. Take action now.

Sorry to hear you have such problems. Hope you went back to hospital and everything is better by now. I guess I am one of the lucky one with no problems after surgery and I have plication and after 8.5 months have dropped nearly 75 pounds. Best of luck.

WLS is major surgery and it can cause pain and discomfort

its not a nail appointment for a manicure...recovery takes time...

you wanted and chose to have this surgery to lose weight and get healthy...

if you hurt, go to the doctor

you are the ONLY one who can fix what you are feeling

I don't understand why you don't want to go back to the hospital. The things that are happening to you are not normal and you can be in serious danger. Take action now.

I am back at the hospital and first time in 5 days my ice chips are staying down. pain is under control since i am in a place that can control it. I am doing ok and i am starting to say and do thing that make sence now. Where as before dehydration had a firm grasp on me. Not real sure when ill be getting outta here but i can tell you i thank God for each and every person that is taking such great care of me here. Staying positive and hopefully pain free. Looking forward to one day having broth real soon. GOD BLESS TO ALL

So very very glad you took action. May you receive the best of care and havr a speedy recovery.

I am wishing you a good recovery. The lapband is the way to go. Follow you bariatric people's guidelines. You should be on the right path to good health soon. Don't give up!

So very very glad you took action. May you receive the best of care and havr a speedy recovery.

u want to tell people in ur family but they can't seem to understand like y'all do. thank you ! and everyone!

Im glad to hear you're being taken care of! Part of what happened may have been due to a possible reaction to anesthesia; I've heard of that happening.

Keep remembering you chose to get healthy and are now taking whatever steps are necessary to accomplish that.

So glad you got help! When weird things happen it can be scary and one can feel totally alone. Some people simply give up at that point --- so Im glad you chose to move forward!

After all this settles down, you can get caught up in the excitement of the weight coming off, new recipes to try, new clothes, compliments, and feeling good! For now, just take good care and do what needs doing. Good times are just around the corner :)

~hiddn

I am home and I am just not having a good experience with this lap band surgery at all. yes I know it takes time but I just don't feel any end in sight with this pain and throwing up. I go to the doctors tomorrow for week post-op appointment and I am just going to tell him I want this outta me take it out burn it and I don't ever want to feel this pain again ever. I am that through with it. I have terrible luck and this seems to have been whammied from the start. I am so over it! this has taken all my effort and energy and attention and I cant have that with five young kids and a husband I'm tired I just cant win this one I want out of the lap band life.