Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a couple of prayers said

I am typing this from the hotel in Monterrey, Mexico, this morning waiting for a couple of hours to pass unitl my own LBT surgery happens at noon... I posted this in the prayer forum, but I thought it couldnt hurt to also post it out here, wide out in the open. I´d like you all to ask for a couple prayers:

1) One for my Dad and sister, to ease their nerves about my surgery today - as some of you may know or remember, my Mom passed away just a month ago on 4/10. She died from a bacterial infection that she developed during a routine gallbladder surgery - they had to go from lap to open, found bad liver cirrohsis, she became septic after recovery and slowly died over the next 2 days in the ICU. Thankfully, she wasnt in pain (at least thats what they said), but it was awful to watch happen. Naturally, now, my sister and father are nervous about me going under laproscopy today, even with the fact I am healthy (just obese) and young and it´s a simple procedure (which is what they said about my mom´s procedure), although they are both very supportive of my decision.

2) I would like another prayer for me! To say the least its been a rough month, and I would like prayers to sail through the surgery and recovery with flying colors. Pray to give me the wings to fly with my new band, make good choices and become healthy so I don´t die youung at 63 like my mom, who was obese and riddled with diabetes, thyroid condition, arthritis, brest cancer and bi-polar disorder to boot. Many of those were due in part to her obestiy. I don´t want to die young too...

Thank you so much for your support, this board has been such a blessing. (which is the understatement of the century!)

Dawn, it's a done deal. And more prayers to come! I check in on the prayer request thread fairly regularly, so I'll be praying more when I go there! ((((hugs))) and blessings and peace to you! Please keep us posted! Happy Band-day!

Dawn, I just prayed for you and your family and would like you to pray for me. My surgery is 7:30 a.m., Thursday the 11th. My husband is freaking out on me. I think he has heard some horror stories. If it weren't for that, I'd be okay!:phanvan

Doris

Prayer that is. You will be in my prayers and thoughts as well as your Father and sister. My you all be wrapped in god's arms for a calm, quick and safe procedure, and then the speedy recovery with fabulous weight loss in the end! All of you will be so happy and amazed and glad you went through this trying time. May god bless you all. Beth :)

Dawn, I just prayed for you and your family and would like you to pray for me. My surgery is 7:30 a.m., Thursday the 11th. My husband is freaking out on me. I think he has heard some horror stories. If it weren't for that, I'd be okay!:phanvan

Doris

Doris - you´ve got it! So far this experience has been great, I´m really ready to get the show in the road. Tell your husband to read this board, that the band has really saved lives, not put them in danger! You are on the road to health! God bless!

Dawn

Dawn, There is nothing that can take the place of prayers and honey pray I will for you and your family. I am so sorry about your Mom. I will pray for you to be as lucky as me with my band. So far no problems at all. It will go well. I have my oldest daughter that has all the problems your Mom had.

Love and the best,

Sallyjo

God bless and keep you through your surgery and after. I'll be lifting you and your family in Jesus' name. Please let us know how things go!

You, your dad and sister will be in my thoughts and prayers today. I pray that the Lord will send his angels to be with you this day and that He will give peace to your and dad and sister. Take Care and God Bless! Let us know how everything goes. ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) and Congrats on your new band!

{{{{HUGS}}} Dawn May the Lord surround you in his loving arms and keep you strong. May he also touch your family and give them comfort and peace.

I am sure that your Mom is there as your Guardian Angel ....

Dawn, tons of prayers coming your way from me! I will think of you all day... Keep us posted how it went...

I can only imagine your family's fear of your surgery. But you know that you are doing this to give you a more healthier life.

Dawn, my prayers are being said for you and your family and I trust that God has heard all the voices of his children on your behalf today. I remember your post about your mom's sudden passing from surgery complications and the decision you had to make about going forward with your own surgery. And now, here you are. God must be holding you in His palm to have carried you this far. I pray that he surrounds you and your loved ones with peace, and I pray that He guides the surgeon's hands. I pray for a speedy recovery and a long and healthy life for you and your family. God bless.

Doris, I'm praying the same thing for you and your family hun. My husband was far more nervous than I was. I'll be praying for an extra measure of peace for your man.

*hugs to you both*

Dawn, I'm so jealous that you're in that beautiful city! I hope you get some time to sightsee before you come home. Let us hear from you soon!

Hello Dawn,

I too lost my mother just 7 months ago to cancer and I know your fear and your families fear. I know your mother was with you and I'm sure you flew through it all just perfectly. I'm thinking about you and look forward to hearing reports from you on how well you're doing.

God Bless,

Thanks, everyone for your prayers - I made it through okay and am looking forward to going home tomorrow! Thank you again!