Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

disgusted with myself... I over-ate today

I started at 270 then lost 10 for pre op got down to 247 after surgery was going good then KA BAM ! ! ! LOL swelling went down appetite came back. I made healthy choices though gain back a few but I am so looking forward to this fill on tomorrow

Hey! My friend don't be hard on yourself.. U r my motivation! You are going to get back in there . Lets Get it!

I too was banded on June 20! My Dr mentioned at my last appt that the key right now is to maintain...until the fills start..the hunger returns and it is easy to over eat.... you are not alone by any means!

Hey I did it too! I feel so guilty now. I'm so frustrated because everyone's saying how full they are after a little bit of broth or Soup or whatever and I literally haven't felt full one time since surgery. I know you're supposed to feel satisfied and not full but I think I'm satisfied and then an hour later I'm hungry again so maybe I wasn't satisfied? I'm supposed to have a fill in 2 weeks and can't wait!!!

Hey everyone,

I'm about three weeks post op and in my mushy foods phase. I am really trying to keep with the program but have slipped up a few times and ate solids due to hunger or I guess head hunger as I have seen it called. This has made me very sick diarrhea and cramps just beginning to wonder every time I stray from the program will I become ill? I have every Intention of working the program I'm just concerned, I'm only human is this the end of certain foods forever?

You were just banded....what did you expect to be different from before you were banded? In the beginning it is as though there is no band there at all, and we are subject to the same behaviors and bad habits as we were prior.

That's why the band is adjustable....it's a process...took me at least 4 months and 3 good fills....until then there is not much anyone can do but "Tough It Out" with traditional calorie counting and portion measuring, as though you were enrolled in Weight watchers or Jenny Craig....which we all know falls short of being successful...why else would we elect surgery?

You are going through the toughest phase of this process....everyone has to endure it....that's why it is referred to as "Bandster Hell"

I am at a point where this has become the "New Normal" if I didn't come here to this forum I would forget I was even banded...it is that easy for me....no thought or effort at all!

But those first few months...they were tough...I thought I made a big mistake...I was as angry as I was frustrated as I was disappointed...

I had to bear down and "White Knuckle" it....something I felt I could have done with out surgery....

However, slowly and eventually, with a few fills/adjustments, and many hard lessons to learn and habits to overcome, it became, as someone had said in another post "HEAVEN"...absolutely the best thing I could have ever done...to be at a normal weight with no effort, have excellent health, self esteem and confidence....

But you have to endure this Phase 2 first.

I should also add....after 4 months, it was not as though a switch was magically turned on...it took me another 2-3 months of constant stuck episodes, severe reflux, etc, before I finally figured it all out, before I finally "Got It"

That was over 2 years ago, no problems or complaints ever since....