Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Over TV Show

Is anyone else watching Starting Over? I find some of the exercises they have the women do are inspiring to me, I have repeated some of them at home. Sometimes they just give me ideas for things I can do, for example my "sugar divorce". All of my binge foods are loaded with obvious sugar, I haven't binged since my banding 3 months ago, but I was eating cake, Cookies, and chocolate candy bars again. Now, I now there is hidden sugar in many otherwise healthy foods, however; if it just screams sugar ( cake, cookies, and chocolate candy bars) it doesn't have a place in my daily life anymore. Thus the divorce, I may see it around, but I won't have a close personal relationship with it anymore.

Am I rambling? Sorry, let's talk about Starting over.

Tammy ;)

I have been watching this almost from the beginning. IT comes on at noon on the West Coast on NBC.

I tell you I have learned so much about myself and about being a woman. I just love Iyanla and Rhonda as life coaches. And am I the only one that thinks Dr. Stan is a HUNK?!!! WOFF!! LOL!!

I would love to go on that show.

I LOVE Starting Over! I believe all of the lessons I've been watching as a spectator the last 2 years are finally starting to sink in. I find myself making choices for me for once, and realizing I have never thought I was enough. I have never seen a wiser woman than Iyanla, and the entire show is full of love.

Did you see todays Board of Review? I couldn't believe it when Iyanla said that quote to Niambi, it gave me chills!!! I wish I could remember it word for word. lol

Tina

You are the daughter that is enough in God's eyes! Or it was something to that effect. I was crying my eyes out. I felt such compassion for Niambi. WOW!!

I am so happy that Cassie finally met her son. WOW!!

Sommer is back in the house. That made my day. I was hoping she would come back and WOW what a change in her. She is calmer more sophisticated and so Humbled.

Antonio needs to take her own advice she gave Niambi and surrender to the process.

Jodi I just knew was gonna graduate. But she has some work to do still.

Christie is my baby. I just love her.

Can you tell I watch it alot. LOL!! I never miss an episode. I tape them all and watch them all at once sometimes. I just skip through the commercials. LOL!!

I like Christie too, did you see the day Rhonda had her write her negitive beliefs on a "wall" and then instructed her to cover them with a paper heart or star as she changed each belief? I loved that, so I did the same thing in my Lap Band journal/scrapbook, it has been wonderful to be able to cover those beliefs that held me back with shine gold stars.

Has anyone else done one of the exercises?

I'm in Chicagoland area and the show comes on at 2pm on channel 9 -- I have watched it - all different times and channels since it started - too!!!

Sadly, I missed the one where Cassie met her son - did they show it? probably not the son eh? can someone please fill me in?

I was shocked to see Sommer on again -- after kicking her off the show last time....updates about her too please - did she just come back?

I quit watching this year due to school - but on leave from school right now (medical) so I am watching again and trying to catch up - please fill me in ;)

thanks!!!

Cassie: She met her son in a hotel room. They did not show his face but he did speak in his normal voice. They hugged and cried together. Rhonda and Dr. Stan was there to support both Cassie and her son. Her son's girlfriend was there as well and she was bawling as well. Cassie wrote her son a poem and read it to him and it made me cry so hard. Also, Cassie gave her son the gold leaf locket she bought the day after she gave him up for adoption and has had all these years. She gave it to him in the porcelain music box Cassie's adoptive mother gave her years ago. It was a very poignant and touching episode. They are staying in touch. He was asked to come to the Starting Over house to start the healing and journey to having a relationship with Cassie but he declined because he doesn't want to do this on TV. I respect him for that and so did Cassie. She has just grown and matured since she first went on the show.

Sommer: There was three people that might come back to the show. Tess, Sommer and the other black lady from an earlier show. Sommer was chosen to return. She has just matured so much and is not as scattered as she was before. That is all that is new with her cause she just came back last week I think. So it is all new for her. She is picking up where she left off as far as her steps go.

I think that is the updates so far.

I have never been so touched as the episode today with Niambi. She made a CD of positive affirmations to replace all the negative ones she replayed in her head every day. When they played the CD I just bawled my eyes out.

I was just blown away by her transformation when she heard that CD for the first time. She blossomed and shined. "I'm Shining!" And she truly was.

Thanks Penni for the update and for today's summary....wasn't able to catch today either - daughter graduated with Master's this a.m.

Appreciate it!

Mo

Mo, congratulations to both Mother and Daughter!

I don't get why Cassie is still in the house except to fill a spot until the end of the season...Christie is still my favorite, I'm so inspired by the work she does both emotionally and physically. I see her run and I think,"I could do that!".

Antonia has potential, but her age is showing...she so self involved...like most kids.

I think the Niambi chant was a modified version of God's quote during the baptism of Jesus.

"This is my beloved son, in whom I am well-pleased."

"I am the daughter (one, or child) in whom God is well-pleased"

I've been wrong before, but this is how I remembered it.

I love the show and have been watching since season one. If they had brought back Deborah I was planning to stop watching, the woman was mentally ill. At least as far as Borderline Personality Disorder is mental illness. Tess was just too far removed from the process and stuck in the pit of Ego. Arghh, annoying...

Sorry, stepping off my soapbox now. Glad to see I am not the only one watching. I got my mother addicted to the "girly-show", now we know not to call one another until after 1pm.

Congrats on the Masters BTW!

okay, i saw the episode with cassie meeting her son but i missed how they found each other. who got the call etc.... i know his real mom told him cassie was dead so how did it happen can someone please feel me in i've been dying to know, thanks!!!

okay, i saw the episode with cassie meeting her son but i missed how they found each other. who got the call etc.... i know his real mom told him cassie was dead so how did it happen can someone please feel me in i've been dying to know, thanks!!!

Cassie got a call from her son out of the blue one day. He said, "I understand you are looking for me." Yes the adoptive mother told him Cassie had died. So all these years he thought his mother was dead. It was a very poignant episode and I was thrilled for Cassie.

Morsaille that is the RIGHT quote. I am so glad you remembered it for us. I am going to write it down and post that on my Refrigerator.

Also, I just started reading Rhonda Britten's book, "Do I look Fat in this?" WOW!! That is all I can say. I highly recommend this book for anyone that has body image issues. It is very enlightening not only about how we look at ourselves but how we handle the perception of what we "THINK" we look like to the rest of the world.

Here is Rhonda's website where you can order her books. www.fearlessliving.org

She is a phenomenal woman. Iyanla Van Zant has a book out too. But I can't seem to recall the title right now. It is inspirational and teaches us how to pray effectively. I keep it at my bedside and read from it almost every night.