Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on May 21st. I immediately lost 5-10 pounds in addition to the 20 I lost pre-surgery, but have been in that range ever since. I have lost size (dropped two sizes - and my friend told me that my smaller pants have droop in the butt). I get my first fill Wed.

I have been closely watching all that the nurse told me to do-

60-80 grams of Protein daily

1000-1200 calories (this one is tough - most days around 750)

64 - 100 oz of Water daily

Plus Vitamins, etc.

Been doing low impact exercise (due to existing ortho problems) including yoga, Pilates, and walking.

I am not eating the "wrong things" ( fried, un helpful sugar, etc) but so want to CRUNCH something - I have had raw carrots - carefully chewing them up.

Getting frustrated. Beyond lapband, I have never been known for my patience, so slow/no results isn't helping.

HELP!!

Just remember...slow progress is better than no progress! Sounds like you're off to a good start. You're not even at one month post-op and still healing so I say keep on keeping on. :)

Some folks lose inches, some lose pounds... I'd say hang in there, you are seeing progress if the inches are melting first. The pounds will come off sooner than later.

Boy do I understand that once the decision is made and we've had the surgery, we want to see those pounds melt off...but try to remember none of us got fat overnight and we won't lose it overnight either. Work the plan and I know you will be successful. Good luck.

This is so so true with the SLOW progress. I too felt really bad because I felt I was at a stand still ..I had my surgery April 25.

I am being very very careful

Had my first fill on June 6 th.

Eating no sweets, no soda, no bread, no Pasta, drinking my Water , and I also like propel water .....never drink with meals I wait at least 45 mins. So I guess patience.....

I really felt like my weight lose just sort of stopped ..I go back to the Dr in 2 weeks..maybe what I am eating,?