Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have I hit a plateau??

:help: I am having issue this week with my weight loss. I was down to 246lbs about 4 days ago and today I am setting at 253lbs. I have not changed my diet but I have been adding some more Protein in and i have started taking a B12 Vitamin everyday. I can not for the life of me figure out why I am gaining this weight. I do not feel as though my band has slipped and I do not feel like I am in need of a fill ( at least I dont think) . I still feel like I have good restriction. I dont know. I have been losing weight steadily since my surgery. I hav elost 90lbs since October 10 of last year. I usually retain Water around this time of the month but....not this darn much. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and is this " normal"????:grouphug: I am just curious. By the way....you guys are great. I feel like I get more support here than at my doctors office sometimes. Hugs!

Leigh Ann,

I'm with ya babe... I've been hovering and even putting on an LB or two this week. Dunno what's up with that. However, I've been charting my weight daily since surgery and can see that this is a trend with me. In the next week or so - if my trends stay true, I'll see another drop and it will be a couple of LBS below my low. Hang in there - scales are dangerous things!!!! I'm addicted though! If you're eating right, then it WILL come off. By the way, I easily gain that much with Water weight!

Drinking your Water? Eating a lot of salt? Constipated?

Are you exercising? Muscle weighs more then fat.

Women's weight naturally fluctuates... that is why we should step on the scale only once a week, same day, same time, same clothes or better no clothes. I consider my true weight to be naked first thing in the morning when I get up after using the bathroom.

I think it's great that you've gone down consistently since October without a halt or a rise! I was banded in October too, and lost just over 50lbs in 3 or so months. Since then, it has taken me almost 3 months (and 2 fills) to lose the next 5!!!!! Down 3, up 2, down .5 up 4 etc....... I will say though that during that time my body changed alot (inches lost). I think the whole thing is a cycle -- pounds then inches, pounds then inches. Be patient with your body as your frame catches up with your poundage. For rewards and results in this period maybe start with a measuring tape instead of the scale....................keep up with the diet you've been working, and maybe tweak the exercise -- that scale will budge again (sooner or later)..........Hang in there!

Dr. Fox's Plateau Busting Diet

Thanks Tricia - I start tomorrow! 2 quarts of water!!!! Ugh!!!! Ah well, anything to break this stupid plateau....

Dr. Fox's Plateau Busting Diet

Thanks Tricia - I start tomorrow! 2 quarts of water!!!! Ugh!!!! Ah well, anything to break this stupid plateau....

You're welcome, Kim. Best of luck to you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches