Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This would sound so funny to other people, but I know you'll understand...my first mini goal was to get below 300 pounds, and I'm now at 298! I started at 329, and I'm so excited to have met a goal. Lots more work to do, but it'll come. I've started walking about a mile a day and actually look forward to it, which is also something I'm excited about.

Emily

Great Job Emily, I know how rewarding those little goals can be, keep it up! so what is your new Mini Goal?

Mine is to be 240 before I go to NYC to visit my best friend, I wonder if he will notice that Ive lost 44 pounds... we will see

That's great!! I think mini goals are really the best way to get through this. The 'end game' seems so far away, but mini goals rock! :confused:

Way to go!!! That isn't silly at all!!! I did the same thing. After I got under 300, I set a goal of 275, and now my mini goal is 250!

Great job!!!

Congratulations:clap2::clap2::clap2:. Sometimes I get depressed because I allowed myself to get to 250 before I got banded, but reading about others' successes keeps me motivated. It just means a longer journey, but hey don't they say it's the journey that counts not the destination. As an art teacher, I always say if you don't enjoy the process don't start the project.

Wooohoooo Yeaahhhhh you go gentlespirit.....you did it..... remember this week is the true test of keeping it off. Keep up the walking everyday....great job:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Anyone who know me ......I live for my mini goals.....I have a 3 pound goal this evening at weigh in to be 399. Pray for me.

Congrats Emily! To me it doesn't matter the size of the goal. You set a goal and you made it. Keep that up. My confidence builds everytime I set a goal. It can be as simple as getting my taxes in on time. (that was a fun one, lol) You're doing great!

sam

Gentlespirit, that is terrific lady! You are doing a fantastic job.

31lbs and counting. I am particularly happy that you are walking 1 mile a day. That's excellent.

You aren't hoping that the band will do all of the work. You are actually working with the band. Now this is how I believe it should be done.

I salute you!

Congratulations on your mini-goal!! :clap2: There is nothing silly about them--it is what will keep us motivated and will help us lose! If I were to think about how much weight I had to lose at the beginning of this journey, I no doubt would become extremely overwhelmed. 90 lbs to me sounds unrealistic!:faint: But when you look at it in terms of mini-goals, it begins to become attainable. Now I have 60 lbs which is much better! My next mini-goal is the Wonderful 199 mark. You can do it--you are doing it!! Keep up the great work~

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

237/212/150

5'7''

Nothing silly about that! Welcome to Twonesia! Onederland is next! It's so wierd to see a "2" first when you are used to a "3". I'm still not used to seeing a "1" first instead of a "2" but it feels so good!!! Now start looking for a "2-8" something...pound by pound...here you go!!!!! Congrats!

:heh: :heh: Here's a lil chart I have in my LBT Journal. It helps me see my progress. I think someone else is using it now :eek:

Please feel free to use it if it will help you:)

*NOTE* I do have the year 2006 for the entire chart:biggrin1: :heh: :biggrin1: .

Surgery date 4/11/06, starting weight 240lbs

1st goal - 220lbs met on 04/19/2006:clap2:

2nd goal - 210lbs met on ___/___/2006

3rd goal - 200lbs met on ___/___/2006

4th goal - 190lbs met on ___/___/2006

5th goal - 180lbs met on ___/___/2006

6th goal - 170lbs met on ___/___/2006

7th goal - 160lbs met on ___/___/2006

8th goal - 150lbs met on ___/___/2006

9th goal - 140lbs met on ___/___/2006

final goal -135lbs met on ___/___/2006

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: **Celebration - Hawaii**:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Keep goin girl...I know my first Mini goal is 220 then second is 199...these small victories are very meaningful and motivating....you go girl!!

Emily, don't feel foolish.... enjoy your victory, we are all here routing for you to succeed.

Roberta