Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks post op and the dietian and doctor are saying I can already eat bread as long as it is toasted and I eat it slow and small bites. Can anyone else eat bread/toast

I have looked ahead to my future diet schedule and mine suggests a piece of toast in the 4th week - so I'm guessing it is dependent on whether you can tolerate it... from what I have heard a lot of people can't. I do plan on trying it to see, using wholewheat instead of white which is much more "doughy" - I hope that I can tolerate it!!

Ditto what Missy said.

I eat bread on occasion, best advice, like all other foods is to take small bites, eat slowly with a break between bites and stay away from liquids while your consuming.

I have always enjoyed grainy bread or rolls with a hard crust which have been easier to eat, along with toast. But it's more often a treat or something to nibble on given I focus on Protein and veggies as a first priority at meal times.

9 weeks post op and I haven't reintroduced bread (or pasta). I know these are trigger foods for me so I don't want to add them back.

I guess if you think you can eat bread, and it is NOT a trigger food, you could try toasted. I don't eat bread. I have on occasion eaten a 1/4 of a Subway sandwich very slowly. I sometimes will have a roll or breadstick when I go out. If i want something with cheese, I melt it on a rice cake. White bread has, always, been a trigger for me. I stay away from bread as much as I can. Karen

Thanks everyone. I have been told to stay away from white breads and pastas and to stick with whole meal or multigrain types and the cruncher the better

I eat toast sometimes- wheat bread toasted and that does fine.

I have no problem with bread, except I'm gluten free... So my Gf breads tend to be toastier/crustier than regular bread. I would imagine the gumminess of white bread would do me in. Ugh.

Thanks everyone. I have been told to stay away from white breads and pastas and to stick with whole meal or multigrain types and the cruncher the better

I would agree with this. Any processed breads or pastas that are "white", "bleached", or "enriched" have almost no nutritional value. I try to stick to whole grain Pasta and bread as well as brown rice.

9 weeks post op and I haven't reintroduced bread (or pasta). I know these are trigger foods for me so I don't want to add them back.

Bread has always been one of my trigger foods, also, especially homemade. I have no trouble eating whole wheat, toasted, but since I've been banded, I've had maybe 3 pieces of bread. I've not tried Pasta at all. Right now I'm not missing it.

bread is a trigger food for me so i try to avoid it altogether. When i do eat it i frequently have stuck episodes so it is just not worth the effort.

I love bread, good bread, great bread. I now only have it in restaurants that have super bread. I eat the crust areas only, like the ends and I dunk in oil or use butter. I don't eat bread in the house. My burgers are bun free. I have brown rice and whole wheat Pasta, when possible. If I totally gave up these foods, I know I would fail.

I am not a Breakfast eater, never ate eggs, so I use to eat french toast a lot, don't any more. I did have 1/2 a slice of my husband's when out with the grandsons and it did nothing for me. I was thrilled. I love my Protein Shakes for breakfast.

Do what is comfortable for you and only you.

No bread for me until 6 weeks, but I can have crackers 3 weeks out.

Maybe try crackers first?