Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok first bad day I have had since being banded very upset and emotionally drained now what I would normally do is eat chocolate and everything I can lay my hands on :-( dose any one have any advice on what I can do instead of my emotional eating that will help me feel better .

Really down and out

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

First, I'm very sorry your day is so awful. I'm sending a virtual hug. ((hugs!))

It's really really hard to combat emotional eating. For me, I find a number of things help. It's important to acknowledge and deal with those feelings so I try to talk through them when I find myself wanting to emotionally eat. However I'm feeling and whatever caused those feelings, I realize I have to deal with rather than eat away, so talking (or even just venting) to someone else really helps a lot. If I go so far as to even admit to the person "What I really want right now is to eat an entire cake!" it somehow helps take the temptation away. It's like...I've put those bad feelings and unhealthy urges to eat out there so suddenly it all feels a lot more manageable.

So, that would be my first piece of advice, find someone to talk to. Or if you can't find that, write a thread on these forums. Just say "hey, my day was pure crap and now I want to eat. Here's why...." and share you emotions, your urges, and your experience. People are sure to respond and you'd be surprised how much better you'll feel. Plus...the time it takes you to write it all out gives the urge to eat more time to calm too.

My second piece of advice is find something that calms you. For me, that's baths. I have a beautiful big garden tub in my master bathroom and that is my refuge. I keep lots of nice smelling bath products on hand, so I draw a nice hot bath and let my favorite Bath & Body Works scented product run under the Water. I lay back, close my eyes, and just breath. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I even talk to myself, but whatever it is I always end up feeling a little better.

The other thing I do is I take a long walk. I grab my ear buds, put on some good tunes, and I just head out the door and go. There's something about getting outside and moving with music to drown out distractions that really calms me and soothes my spirit.

Not that baths or walks are everyone's thing, but the key is to find what works for you.

Best wishes and hang in there!

Thank you so much :-) when I finish work I'm going to take my dog for a nice long walk and most likely have a cry I WILL NOT EAT if still sad will try the bath

Ok first bad day I have had since being banded very upset and emotionally drained now what I would normally do is eat chocolate and everything I can lay my hands on :-( dose any one have any advice on what I can do instead of my emotional eating that will help me feel better .

Really down and out

take a time out

take a hot bath

go for walk

read a book

come to LBT and blog or post

call a friend to vent/b**tch too

drink something cold and delicious

but ALWAYS know that this moment shall pass

Hello, pray and give what ever thats got you down to God he will take care of it. You are an inspiration to me everyday, I think how incredible your journey has been and the fact that you have not even had a fill yet amazez me. I am not even 3 months post op and struggle everyday, but instead of taking my own advise I eat the garbage. So take a look down at where your feet are and stay in the day, the moment, the minute and trust that God has got your back.

Connie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches