Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to get nervous and scared about lapband reading all these negative/ horror stories are bothering me.... Ugh I do know not everyone's journey is gonna smooth sailing, we are bound to have rocky roads ( mmmm) and hit a pot hole or two.... Just needed to vent thanks :)

Haters gonna hate and bandsters gonna lose weight!!!!

If you're not ready to commit to the things you need to do, then you will be creating your own horror stories.

93% of patients are glad they had the LapBand surgery. Most of them wish they would have had it sooner!

If you want to be obese, have high cholesterol, joint pain, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and diabetes then LBS is not for you.

If you want to be skinny and healthy, where's the horror in LBS?

It's your story you have to tell. You'll do great if your ready to lose weight!

I was feeling the same way earlier. I've read some horror stories and people say that they wouldn't wish their worst enemy the lapband. Guess there are those that have bad experiences as with anything in life. I have my first appt with my surgeon Friday and my journey will officialy have begun. I have decided that I can't let a few naysayers ruin my positive and beautiful future I have planned once I lost this weight. Side note: our names are pretty similar! cool

I'm nervous and scared too, but I'm also excited. Coming across threads that discuss peoples "horror stories" is unnerving, but it is educational. I want to make sure I know both the positive and negative that can come from this surgery, so I can make a well informed decision. With that said, it is still scary, but I think that's normal. My excitement outweighs my fear, so my husband said that was a good way to tell I should go ahead and go through with it, so I am. Hopefully your is just nerves and you'll be able to go through with it, but you should never ignore your real concerns. Good luck.

Imo, if you have done your research and know the pros and cons then stay away from negative topics. If you understand the risks and are ok with them, keep your head filled with the positive stories.

Thanks guys yes just a little nerves... And my son turned 15 today and I haven't eaten in five days.. I think my mind is playing tricks on me!!! But I AM READY!! May 21 the new banded me will emerge :)

You'll do great. I'm nervous and excited to but being banded the 21st

You'll do great. I'm nervous and excited to but being banded the 21st

Oops the 20th not 21st

Oops 20 not 21 lol

Oops 20 not 21 lol

I'm banded on the 20th too!!

It's totally normal to be nervous. I don't know anyone who hasn't been, going into surgery.

Like Bandashoop said, concentrate on the positive, a new healthier you and not the negative.

I did have my port flip 3mths out. Dr said out of the hundreds of surgeries he's done, I was only his second patient to do this. I looked at it as just a bump in the road and continued on my Quest for better health, which btw, I no longer take b/p medicine.

I too, wish I would have had this surgery sooner, boy the time I had wasted being morbidly obese. Now just a few clicks off being overweight and I'm just getting started.

In my case having LBS was a life saving procedure. Being Morbidly Obese was going to kill me.

Most of the LapBand horror stories are from people who didn't have the discipline to stop eating things they weren't supposed to (i.e., carbonated beverages, which will cause extreme stomach pain with the LapBand).

The surgery is extremely safe compared to other forms of weight loss surgery. You've seen the before and after photos on this website of people who've had significant weight loss with this procedure.

One of the most common problems with the band before was slippage (again, mostly caused from those abusing their diet). However, the LapBand procedure has been modernized where they now stitch the band into place to keep it from slipping.

If you're not careful and you start reading those horror stories about the LapBand, you may very well talk yourself out of a procedure that could of saved your life.

You've probably gone ahead and gotten banded. But I do want to chime in and say that I totally know where you're coming from. I was terrified before I got my band, for the same reasons. I decided to give in to faith and do it, praying everything would work out. My desire to be healthy outweighed my desire to be obese. I guess you'll say at that point, I'd do anything.

I want to vouch for what everyone else has said. Issues with the band seem to be few and far between, or caused by those with no control. Or underlying issues they haven't corrected (continuing to binge, etc). Do not be scared. Go into it, and be passionate. Work your journey, never allowing yourself to fail. You deserve it!!!

You've probably gone ahead and gotten banded. But I do want to chime in and say that I totally know where you're coming from. I was terrified before I got my band' date=' for the same reasons. I decided to give in to faith and do it, praying everything would work out. My desire to be healthy outweighed my desire to be obese. I guess you'll say at that point, I'd do anything.

I want to vouch for what everyone else has said. Issues with the band seem to be few and far between, or caused by those with no control. Or underlying issues they haven't corrected (continuing to binge, etc). Do not be scared. Go into it, and be passionate. Work your journey, never allowing yourself to fail. You deserve it!!![/quote']

Thank you! <3 you totally made me cry... In a good way :) you are right!!! I go the May 21st!!! So ready for this!!!!!! WOOT WOOT