Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cute Kitties and other Pets

I love all the pics!!! My cat, Bailey, will hunt a pic of hm tomorrow,(too close to bedtime to think clearly tonight!!!) is full of attitude...most of it bad, he had a poor disposition as a kitten and it has failed to improve. He takes a few strokes, and then bites or scratches. He is beautiful long black & white hair with the most distinctive figurations on his little face...looks like a little Jack-o-lantern! Well maybe not little, he is 17 pounds of catitude. Little beast, I do love him! I figure I too have a bad attitude, and my folks kept me....so we kept him, and he is now 13 years old!!!

Heather my "Kat" is short for Kathy, which in turn is short for Kathleen. However one of my good friends, also a Kat is short for Katrina! You'll find a way!!!

This is Mason (6 month old lab/german shepard mix) and Liberty (3 year old pure bred german shepard) and our cat L'Roar aka Big BIG Kitty who's hanging out in our jacuzzi like he owns it! We love our pets a ton since we're not blessed with children as of yet. Not to say we'd love them any less once we have children, it'll just be slightly less sickening since we'll be taking 500 pictures of our child instead of the pets. hahaha.

post-206220-13813133241063_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813133244648_thumb.jpg

post-206220-13813133244926_thumb.jpg

Wow, I love to see all these furry friends. I wouldn't mind a dog either, but we live in an apartment so it's difficult. Maybe one day when we move to a house.

P'nut-I'm sorry about ur doggie and your kitty. I know it's hard when a pet dies, I fortunately haven't had to witness that to many times. The first cat I ever dragged home...a Siamese named Ms.Sue - She still lives with my grandparents. She is around 19 years old and she is still healthy and active. Here are my grandparents cats. Bigboy unfortunately isn't with them any more, but he was a wild cat and just made his home at their house for a few years. One day he disappeared so we don't know if something happened or he just found another home.

Ms. Sue and Big Boy

post-206234-13813133464792_thumb.jpg post-206234-1381313346504_thumb.jpg

little boy and Missy

nigella2.bmp nigella.bmp

Hehehe, I guess there are lots of alternatives for Kat. That kind of changed when I moved to Portugal though, I have to find a name that can be used in Portuguese and English. And I actually found a name like that from one of the members here on the board....not to embarrassed any one but Jenna is a great name and sounds almost exactly the same in English and Portuguese.....

post-206234-13813133248088_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133248196_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133248292_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133248376_thumb.jpg

and for the rest.....

Mittens and Amy were my cat in college and lived with me but when I moved to Portugal my mom inherited them. Mittens was the runt of the litter and now he's the fattest cat I have ever seen. Amy is VERY lovable she runs up to complete strangers that come in the house to get petted and loved..very unusual, most cats shy away. Tiger is the grey cat, a little scardy cat, he hides all the time and sleeps only in my mothers room. And this is her new dog, I'm not sure what they named it....Natasha I think....

post-206012-13813133465793_thumb.jpg post-206012-13813133465508_thumb.jpg

post-206012-13813133466012_thumb.jpg nigella 3.bmp

post-206234-13813133248474_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133248555_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133248641_thumb.jpg

post-206234-13813133248726_thumb.jpg

Here are my fur babies.

Since we share the names of our animals, I thought Id do the same.

Most of you know that we are Roman Catholic. We name our animals after saints that we have developed a devotion to.

Here is Gemma (sounds like "Jim-ah") named after St Gemma Galgani.

St. Gemma was known for her beauty - as is MY Gemma.

She is the most beautiful cat!!!! Can you see her BIG blue eyes?

post-204070-13813133248826_thumb.jpg

Baby #2...

Here is Clare.

We bought her on August 11th which is the Feast day of St Clare of Assisi... thats how we got her name.

She is so sassy.

I sure wish she would STOP peeing in the house. We call her "Clara Bell"

post-204070-13813133248979_thumb.jpg

Here is our "orphan"... ZeeBe.

She came with the house. She is the elder of the animals, and very mean!

post-204070-13813133249144_thumb.jpg

And here is the Beast!

his name is Max - after St Maximillian Kolbe.

(I hate this damn dog!!!!! Mike says that he is smiling at the camera in this pic :) )

***:tired dont you love the cursing AND saint devotionals in the same post?:tired I hate this dog ***

post-204070-13813133249286_thumb.jpg

awwwww....but he's so cute...how can you hate any animal!! The rest are adorable as well. I love the Saint idea. My hubby and I argued for days over what to name the cats. It would have been easier to have a simple system like that.

Strawart, Everytime I see your William it makes me smile. Why isnt he with you any longer?

Susan, so sorry about your losses. I did chuckle when I read about the "love" your kids showed the new kitty. LOL.

Tricia, your cats are beautiful! And I noticed how all 4 had collars. Youre a VERY good mommy.:biggrin1:

I love seeing all these babies!

Heather, the saint system narrows the naming down quite a bit. We have a 'wild' cat that is named Trinity (male). He came to us on the Feast day of The Most Holy Trinity. Since he is wild, its hard to get a picture of him.

We once found a beautiful orange and white tabby in the Burger King parking lot. We brought him home and loved him. We named him Thomas (St Thomas Aquanis). Anyway, we locked him in the laundry room over night, and the next morning when we went to let him out - he had crapped ALLLLLL over the room. Needless to say, St Thomas is no longer one of my favorite saints.

After the room was cleaned, we loaded Thomas up and brought him back to Burger King.

The end.

William isn't with me because I was a bad mommy. I didn't have time to run around with him as much as he needed. The people I got him from live in Dimebox, TX, which has ONE school (K-12) and about that many people. They have acreage and basically operate a beagle farm...there are hundreds of beagles there.

So, you know how people tell their kids that Rover went to go live on a farm when he actually died? Well, William is alive and kicking, and I'm sure he's having a blast running around with all the other beagles. But they are really like little people with souls, and he is still in my heart. Here's another pic.

post-204862-13813133468656_thumb.jpg

post-206270-13813133250694_thumb.jpg

William steals my heart too. I love the ears turned back....silly dog. I had a beagle when I was around 10 or 11 and her name was "Tiny". Dad and the boys took her rabbit hunting. She was a great dog. I agree with you that they have little souls. Why else would we give so much of our hearts to them?

Also, let me say the eyes of Mr. Hobbs & Casey just melt my heart. I love all animals, especially dogs & cats, but I can't help be partial to the breeds that have already touched my heart.

I am going to have to dig into my pics and see if I can find one that shows we had 17 dogs at one time. That doesn't include the 2 cats, ducks, rabbits, or the chickens. We already had my Poodle, Andy and our 2 German Shepherds, Hitler & Shadow. Along came a stray Blue Tick Hound that claimed us as her family. We don't know who did the deed, but one of the shepherds get her pregnant & she had 13 puppies!! :) We never did find her original home, but were able to place her and ALL her puppies into good homes.

Ok, here are some more of William (whose full name is President William Jefferson Clinton, III).

post-204507-13813133470548_thumb.jpg post-204312-13813133471096_thumb.jpg

And one of the reasons he doesn't live with me anymore...here he is feeling guilty after ripping up the berber carpet. I ended up re-carpeting my entire upstairs.

post-204507-13813133470036_thumb.jpg

post-206270-13813133251871_thumb.jpg

post-206270-13813133252086_thumb.jpg

post-206270-1381313325242_thumb.jpg

Great pics, everyone!!

Thanks for noticing, Paula. We don't allow our cats outside and they ALWAYS have their collars on.

Here's one of mine. I hope this works but this is my baby Gracie Lou. She is a 6 month old (tomorrow) papillon. I have 5 others which I will try to get their pictures together. I just love my babies!!!

post-206901-13813133253147_thumb.jpeg