Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thursday is the Day, anyone else!

Thursday is my day 8am. I'm nervous and excited. I can't wait to hit new goals, and see me in a year. Good luck to every one who is being" reborn"

It's more like when I get up to do anything I get real winded and its hard to catch my breath. It did get a little better' date=' but then I started using the treadmill and the next day, which was last Friday, I was just sitting down and felt like I really couldn't breath. I kept gasping for air and even tries coughing I used my inhaler thinking it was asthma, even though I have never had an actual attack. My husband came home from work and took me to the ER and they did a bunch of test, one which came back positive for some sort of gases in my blood which means a blood clot so they started treating me with blood thinners and then they did a CT scan which came back with no blood clots in my lungs, which is not to say they are not else where. My oxygen levels were also low so they had me on oxygen, they wanted to send me home with oxygen, but my insurance won't cover it without a specific test. So now I see my physician in the morning to get a referral to a Pulmonologist to see whats going on with my oxygen levels. Sorry that was really long. Did you have a hernia repair? I think the pain from taking a deep breath is normal after surgery especially more if you had a hernia repair.[/quote']

Oh no..im sorry about that..I pray that things get better for you..No I didn't have a hernia repair.just the lapband placement..I called my surgeon's office and told them I was having pains all in my chest and collar bone..The office nurse told me it was more than likely the gas that was causing pain..they told me to walk, gas x strips or liquids, and to get a heating pad..believe it or not the heating pad works. .after I walk around the neighbor hood I put it on my abdomen...I'll just be glad when all this gas is actually out of my body because its nothing nice feeling like you are having a heartattack..

It's more like when I get up to do anything I get real winded and its hard to catch my breath. It did get a little better' date=' but then I started using the treadmill and the next day, which was last Friday, I was just sitting down and felt like I really couldn't breath. I kept gasping for air and even tries coughing I used my inhaler thinking it was asthma, even though I have never had an actual attack. My husband came home from work and took me to the ER and they did a bunch of test, one which came back positive for some sort of gases in my blood which means a blood clot so they started treating me with blood thinners and then they did a CT scan which came back with no blood clots in my lungs, which is not to say they are not else where. My oxygen levels were also low so they had me on oxygen, they wanted to send me home with oxygen, but my insurance won't cover it without a specific test. So now I see my physician in the morning to get a referral to a Pulmonologist to see whats going on with my oxygen levels. Sorry that was really long. Did you have a hernia repair? I think the pain from taking a deep breath is normal after surgery especially more if you had a hernia repair.[/quote']

Oh no..im sorry about that..I pray that things get better for you..No I didn't have a hernia repair.just the lapband placement..I called my surgeon's office and told them I was having pains all in my chest and collar bone..The office nurse told me it was more than likely the gas that was causing pain..they told me to walk, gas x strips or liquids, and to get a heating pad..believe it or not the heating pad works. .after I walk around the neighbor hood I put it on my abdomen...I'll just be glad when all this gas is actually out of my body because its nothing nice feeling like you are having a heartattack..

Omg .... feel better soon! !! Hopefully they find out whats going on.

Thanks. I'm feeling better. How are you doing?

Oh no..im sorry about that..I pray that things get better for you..No I didn't have a hernia repair.just the lapband placement..I called my surgeon's office and told them I was having pains all in my chest and collar bone..The office nurse told me it was more than likely the gas that was causing pain..they told me to walk' date=' gas x strips or liquids, and to get a heating pad..believe it or not the heating pad works. .after I walk around the neighbor hood I put it on my abdomen...I'll just be glad when all this gas is actually out of my body because its nothing nice feeling like you are having a heartattack..[/quote']

Thanks. I'm better now. My oxygen is still a little low, but manageable. I hope the gas has went away for you. I was fortunate to not really have a problem with gas pain. I did use a heating pad like 24/7 so maybe that's why. Ever day after surgery gets better. Hope you feel better soon :)

I am having mine done tomorrow morning. Excited and nervous.

Good luck! I'm 11days post op and feel amazing ... just make aure you due what your doctors and nurses tell you to do and you'll do great .