Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I decided to go get a mani and pedi today. I get monthly pedis, I don't know how to file , cut or polish and besides for $20. it's worth getting done. There were 2 women (friends) and they both had their big toe nails very long and they were fake! Why? Has anyone heard of anything so dumb. I live in Boston, it is not warm enough for sandals.

I have purple polish on and for the big toes only, I have a darker purple pokka dot. Saw it from Lancome in pinks, so cute.

Everyone deserves a pedi for spring and summer and the massage chairs, OMG-I could get one weekly just for the chairs.

Have a great TGIF and weekend.

Arlene

Arlene.... I don't get long toenails.... they hurt in my shoes and get caught up in the covers on my bed, so I am no help to you on this one!

$20 for a pedi? I pay close to $40!! Then I still have to give a tip! I used to do them about every 2 months when I was single (as well as spend $90 on hair highlites), but now I'm more money consious. And my hubby does my pedis for me now. And he does a fair job! And it's free! I miss the foot massages tho!

I can't believe you only pay $20!!! Lucky girl!

Marci

$20 for a pedi? I pay close to $40!! Then I still have to give a tip! I used to do them about every 2 months when I was single (as well as spend $90 on hair highlites), but now I'm more money consious. And my hubby does my pedis for me now. And he does a fair job! And it's free! I miss the foot massages tho!

I can't believe you only pay $20!!! Lucky girl!

Marci

Must be a big city thing. Arlene (Dylanmiles) is in the Boston area and I'm in NYC. Everything in this town is unbelievably expensive except for mani/pedis and massages....but in low end type salons. Not Elizabeth Arden....LOL!

I pay $20. for pedi and $10. for mani. Waxing is $7. for eye brows. I live just outside of Boston. All the nail salons are owned by Vietnamese in my area and they do the best job. My town is about 30,000 people and there are maybe 15 nail salons.

Same here Arlene. Reg manicure is $10. And waxing also $7. Not sure about the pedicure...my knees make it hard to get them. I'm in NYC so you're talking about millions of people living here but there is a nail salon on virtually every block, and often more than one. There are six I can go to within a two block span of my apartment. Yes, also either Vietnamese or Korean owned.

Every single time I get my nails done....ends up costing me a fortune!

I couldn't play the video, it stopped. What does she say?

Some people have toe nail problems so they have to get artificial or overlays.... Why they'd want them long wether real or fake is beyond me as it leads to toenail fungus ugh....

I live in Baltimore and the AA women here all get the fake Toenail extensions for summer. I don't get it Bc it petty much limits you to sandals for the next 3-5 months...and they pay alot for it. It might also be an ethnic thing.

Personally i keep mine as short as possible and my awesome boyfriends does the pedegg and polishing and foot rubs every week. I live in sandals too, but like to have the option to wear my tennies for exercise.

I live in Baltimore and the AA women here all get the fake Toenail extensions for summer. I don't get it Bc it petty much limits you to sandals for the next 3-5 months...and they pay alot for it. It might also be an ethnic thing.

Personally i keep mine as short as possible and my awesome boyfriends does the pedegg and polishing and foot rubs every week. I live in sandals too, but like to have the option to wear my tennies for exercise.

Sorry, that is not an ethic thing...it's a ghetto thing. I am a black woman (not AA, I can't give you the name of a single African in my family tree) and I find this practice common with women who have ugly feet, strippers and those with self esteem issues. I get pedi's once a month and polish changes every 2 weeks, when my toe nails grow long I get them cut. No woman in corporate America or an ounce of class gets acrylic nails put on their feet. I live in Texas, we wear sandals year-round so it is imperative to have your feet presentable - they don't have to be tacky.

***drops mike and walks off stage***

So I decided to go get a mani and pedi today. I get monthly pedis' date=' I don't know how to file , cut or polish and besides for 20. it's worth getting done. There were 2 women (friends) and they both had their big toe nails very long and they were fake! Why? Has anyone heard of anything so dumb. I live in Boston, it is not warm enough for sandals.

I have purple polish on and for the big toes only, I have a darker purple pokka dot. Saw it from Lancome in pinks, so cute.

Everyone deserves a pedi for spring and summer and the massage chairs, OMG-I could get one weekly just for the chairs.

Have a great TGIF and weekend.

Arlene[/quote']

I do the once a month pedi too! If they have long to nails, they are definitely not exercising! Must only wear sandals. :)

That is hilarious!

I see this alot...it's a strange thing