Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Journey Starting With Pre Op Diet

Today was not such a good day for me. The scale has stayed the same and to top it off it was the one year anniversary of my brother-in-laws death. I felt down and out today and made the biggest mistake by cheating on my liquid diet. I felt so bad after that I got on the treadmill and started running and then I did Pilates. I really felt ashamed and I never want to do that again. I so hope I don't gain weight. I'm going to be so strict on myself these last few days before surgery and doing a lot of working out to make up for what I have done. I just want to go to bed now and start fresh tomorrow. I really let myself down today :(

Sending you a big hug Tawnya x

Don't beat yourself up over a little slip in your diet, you are only human!!! It happens, it will probably happen again so don't let it stress you just get back on the wagon!

Don't feel ashamed either, as a larger person I felt ashamed for just being me, always apologising for myself, what I'm saying is people beat us up daily without us doing it as well! Be strong honey.

Congratulations on starting your new journey

Much love

Vickie x

Wow counting down the days. Please write your surgery espirience it will be helpfull and I guess helps with the nerves hearing from a real person

Today was not such a good day for me. The scale has stayed the same and to top it off it was the one year anniversary of my brother-in-laws death. I felt down and out today and made the biggest mistake by cheating on my liquid diet. I felt so bad after that I got on the treadmill and started running and then I did Pilates. I really felt ashamed and I never want to do that again. I so hope I don't gain weight. I'm going to be so strict on myself these last few days before surgery and doing a lot of working out to make up for what I have done. I just want to go to bed now and start fresh tomorrow. I really let myself down today :(

Don't be so glum chum, we are not perfect creatures! You have done very well thus far and considering what the day marked I think you've done well - at least you worked out to make up for your poor eating choices. I'm so very sorry to hear of your BIL's passing, it sounds like you were very close to him. I am approaching the 4 year mark of my father's passing (May 5), what gives me comfort is knowing that my weight loss journey would have made him very proud. Your BIL would feel the same way about yours. No more tears or heartache -you've done what you needed to do.

Mistakes happen, you have done great! Sorry for the loss of your BIL, I'm sure that will be a painful day forever. Don't be so down on yourself, you have done an awesome job and are helping so many people by providing a real account of what it is truly like to go through your journey. Many people read these forums but NEVER post (I know this because I did it for a while). Good luck!!

Sending you a big hug Tawnya x

Don't beat yourself up over a little slip in your diet' date=' you are only human!!! It happens, it will probably happen again so don't let it stress you just get back on the wagon!

Don't feel ashamed either, as a larger person I felt ashamed for just being me, always apologising for myself, what I'm saying is people beat us up daily without us doing it as well! Be strong honey.

Congratulations on starting your new journey

Much love

Vickie x[/quote']

Thank You So Much Vickie for your post it really made me feel better and today I was back on target. I'm so appreciative for the people on this forum like you!!!

Wow counting down the days. Please write your surgery espirience it will be helpfull and I guess helps with the nerves hearing from a real person

I will post all about my surgery the same day I have it, that way I don't forget anything from being on the pain meds and sleeping...lol.. I thought I would be more nervous that its only 2 days away, but I'm actually ready to just get it done. Although I'm sure my nerves will hit me on the way to the hospital.

Don't be so glum chum' date=' we are not perfect creatures! You have done very well thus far and considering what the day marked I think you've done well - at least you worked out to make up for your poor eating choices. I'm so very sorry to hear of your BIL's passing, it sounds like you were very close to him. I am approaching the 4 year mark of my father's passing (May 5), what gives me comfort is knowing that my weight loss journey would have made him very proud. Your BIL would feel the same way about yours. No more tears or heartache -you've done what you needed to do.[/quote']

Thank You So Much for your kind words!!! I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing, I know he would be so proud of you, especially for the kind wonderful person you are.

I'm the same as you, I don't usually get nervous until immediately before something. I don't feel nervous but when I'm pulling in the parking lot of the surgery center ill probably be freaking out thinking "what the hell am I doing?" lol

Mistakes happen' date=' you have done great! Sorry for the loss of your BIL, I'm sure that will be a painful day forever. Don't be so down on yourself, you have done an awesome job and are helping so many people by providing a real account of what it is truly like to go through your journey. Many people read these forums but NEVER post (I know this because I did it for a while). Good luck!![/quote']

Thank You So Much for words of kindness and for being a wonderful band buddy. Thanks for reading my posts. I'm just glad I can share my experiences, the good and the not so good, but still worth the journey.

I'm the same as you' date=' I don't usually get nervous until immediately before something. I don't feel nervous but when I'm pulling in the parking lot of the surgery center ill probably be freaking out thinking "what the hell am I doing?" lol[/quote']

Lol. I will definitely be asking for some meds to calm me down when I get there...lol... I think it's just the unknown of how I will feel or be after surgery.

Today was a way better day for me. I was on target for my pre op diet and I did some major cleaning to get ready for surgery and we are moving in June or July. My sugar levels have been awesome and I have been off my diabetic meds for a while now. No weight loss or gain and I'm ok with that especially after yesterday. I am really hoping that I will be in the 50's tomorrow, keep my fingers crossed. I didn't think of food today since I was so busy, and moving up and down the stairs and all around the house helped me get in some exercise just for doing what I needed to do. I only took in 400 something calories today, but I think I'm going to drink some broth before bed. Tomorrow I will get ready for my surgery on Wed. Thank you everyone for your support!!!

Thank You So Much Vickie for your post it really made me feel better and today I was back on target. I'm so appreciative for the people on this forum like you!!!

Hey no worries, we are all in this together right! I'll be sure to call on you when I have a bad day lol x

much love xx

Wow good luck on your surgery. I wish I was like you. I'm already nervous wierd dreams and all and my surgery is the 7 th.

Hey no worries' date=' we are all in this together right! I'll be sure to call on you when I have a bad day lol x

much love xx[/quote']

You can call on me anytime :)