Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another new one

Guest loveme

Well, I don't really know what to say. Hi, m name is Brooke I am scheduled to have my banding on the 8th of April. I'm 19 and I am really excited about the banding my mom had the gastric bypass in november but i think this will be better for me. I hope. I suppose that is all for now. thanks.

Brooke

Welcome Brook,

Congratulations on getting scheduled. How's your mom doing? It's great that you are taking this step so young. Good Luck and let us know how you do.

Guest loveme

hey, she is doing pretty well so far it has taken her a while to get used to the small amount of food she can eat but she is looking great and she seems to be happier. Thanks for the reply!!

always, Brooke

Welcome Brooke. I hope you find the information and support you are looking for on this site... I know that I have. Your surgery date will be here before you know it.

I also agree that it is great that you are taking this step now. You won't have to suffer your adult years as obese like so many of us on this forum. Good for you.

Good luck and take care,

Hi Brooke~

I noticed your from Yukon, Ok

Who is your surgeon? I had mine done by Dr Keith in OKC.

Welcome to the forum!!

Hi Brooke, welcome! Good luck with your surgery--it's right around the corner.

I admit to having mixed feelings when I hear about someone so young getting banded. But one thing is for sure: I am SO GLAD you're not getting bypass!! Band surgery is completely reversable so if anything comes up in your next 80 years that warrants it you'll be able to have the procedure undone. It's a different story for older people who may really have had a lifetime of dealing with obesity and who may be faced with immediate health problems. But when I hear about the new trend toward operating on teenagers I'm always appalled that the articles don't mention banding as a safer, saner alternative. How did you hear about the band? Was your age a deciding factor in your decision?

Anyway, welcome and I hope we'll be hearing about your successful surgery on April 10th or so!