Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Reviews on which lotion to use

Hello Bandsters,

I'm getting closer and closer to goal and unfortunately see the residual effects of all my weight loss staring at me in the mirror. A TT and BI are in the near future, however, I am resistant to arm surgery.

I wanted to know if anyone has used either the Skin Tight Body Firming Lotion or Olay's Quench Plus Firming Body Lotion and how they feel about them. Or perhaps you know of any other products that yield some noticeable results. I am targeting arms, so I'd appreciate some feedback on arms specifically.

Thanks and Good Luck on your WL

I have used firming lotions now since two months post op. My skin feels awesome, but still sag a lot in my arms, legs and stomach. I lost 155 pounds. I will still want plastics, just have to find the money. I don't think any lotion will solve the problem. I think it is luck of the genetics and age when you have lost a lot.

I don't think any lotion will solve the problem. I think it is luck of the genetics and age when you have lost a lot.

I think you are exactly right. :)

I know they won't solve the problem. But if there was a product that is effective is tightening the skin (even slightly) I'd try it because I'm pretty much resolved to not getting an arm tuck. Results vary too much and the scars are pretty unsightly. But I wanted some personal experience to let me know if they saw any changes. :P

I know of no lotion that will make the kind of permanent changes you are seeking. I have talked extensively with dermatologists and a plastic surgeon. There is no magic lotion cure for sagging skin. Many lotions can improve appearance, but if you don't use them forever, I am afraid you go right back to where you were. Save the money for lotions for Plastic Surgery. In the long term you will get better results.