Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded December 17 2012. I lost 10lbs during the pre-op diet. Since then I've lost 16lbs. I feel hungry most of the day. I have not yet felt full with 1cup of food. I have had 2 fills for a total of 4ccs. I feel like I struggling and no one understands. I'm making better food choices. I exercise 30-45 mins a day. I've told I should not be feeling hunger for 4-6 hours. This hasn't happened yet.. I feel like I'm the only one this has happened to when I read different entrys.

Nope, it has happened to me. I've found over the last several weeks that if I eat my Protein like I am supposed to....I do not feel hungry. My favorite protein to eat is the Starkist individual packs...they come in a multitude of flavors, pack almost 20 grams of protein per pack. My favorite is the sweet and spicy. I didn't realize it until someone pointed it out on my introduction to chew, chew, chew. Hope this helps. You are not alone. I was banded two years ago and for the last year I've lost nothing because I was mad at the stupid band. What I was really mad at was...ME! I go for my second fill tomorrow. Hang in there and don't give up like I did.

It is my understanding that we all feel this way until we reach our "green zones or sweet spots". This could take 3 or 4 fills or more (everone is different).

As frustrating as this is....I think we just continue to walk the walk and fight the fight until that happens.

Good luck! Stay positive.

Your post is very common mainly because almost every one of us has had the same experience 6 weeks or more into this journey. Seems like most all had selective hearing when we went through the seminars, research and nutrition meetings? I know I did. I really thought I'd immediatly start losing weight and feel satisfied with a small meal. HA! Not a chance. Some are lucky and it does work that way but for most, not!

You'll be in "bandster hell" until you get the fill that gives you enough restriction for the band to work it's magic. That may be 1 fill or 6. No one knows. Till then, like our esteemed forum member B-52 says,

"Until there's restriction...It's just another diet"

tmf

I didn't get out of that feeling until my 3 rd fill and I have been great for 3 mos I have a 10 cc band with 6.5 in it. Sounds to me like you need more in the band.

I hear ya... I haven't had a fill yet (only 3cc placed in my band during surgery) and I find myself hungry also. Hang in there. You'll find your sweet spot! Best wishes!!

Until you have adequate Fluid in your band, you will likely feel like you don't have a band at all. It takes most people multiple fills before they're finally in the Green Zone.

The only way I made it through that phase you're in is by spacing my calories through the day to allow me to eat every 2 hours. I never went over my daily calorie allowance and never ate more than a cup of food per meal, but eating every 2 hours helped me to control the hunger until I had adequate Fluid in my band. It also helped me to consistently lose weight during that time, too.

Hang in there, it does get better.

Ive had my band since september 2012 and only lost 12kl very disappointed thought Id be well on the way to goal by now,Ive had two fills last one far too tight had it reduced still have to be very careful with what I eat any suggestions to speed up the process???

Lindagrace gold coast queensland

Until you have adequate Fluid in your band' date=' you will likely feel like you don't have a band at all. It takes most people multiple fills before they're finally in the Green Zone.

The only way I made it through that phase you're in is by spacing my calories through the day to allow me to eat every 2 hours. I never went over my daily calorie allowance and never ate more than a cup of food per meal, but eating every 2 hours helped me to control the hunger until I had adequate Fluid in my band. It also helped me to consistently lose weight during that time, too.

Hang in there, it does get better.[/quote']

Missy-were you given a time limit from when you finished eating until you could drink again? I have to wait an hour, so I was just wondering how and if you were still able to reach your fluid intake requirements even when eating every 2 hours.

Missy-were you given a time limit from when you finished eating until you could drink again? I have to wait an hour, so I was just wondering how and if you were still able to reach your Fluid intake requirements even when eating every 2 hours.

I was told I could eat right up until the time I started eating then again 30 minutes after eating. So, I was pretty much sipping Water or green tea constantly except for that half hour after eating.

Heck, I'm still sipping Water or green tea constantly :)

I was told I could eat right up until the time I started eating then again 30 minutes after eating. So' date=' I was pretty much sipping Water or green tea constantly except for that half hour after eating.

Heck, I'm still sipping Water or green tea constantly :)[/quote']

Haha ok I was just wondering! I always love your advice you give! I feel like I'm always drinking also! I feel like I'm more consumed with Drinking than eating! Lol. Thanks Missy :)

I am 7 weeks out & keep playing with the same 3 lbs. They can't seem to stay away! Ugh:/ I called my nurse today & asked when I could get my 2nd fill! I just had my 1st one week ago. I told her if I had SUPER strong willpower them I would not have needed a band. Lol! She gave me the same advice as everyone else. Be patient, it will get there:) So here's to the next 3 weeks of waiting, hunger & no restriction.

Ive had my band since september 2012 and only lost 12kl very disappointed thought Id be well on the way to goal by now,Ive had two fills last one far too tight had it reduced still have to be very careful with what I eat any suggestions to speed up the process???

Lindagrace gold coast queensland

Just an FYI. You should start a new topic instead of posting here. Otherwise you won't see a lot of responses. Pick any forum? Like introductions or lap band story?

6 months out I had lost about 30 lbs so not much different from you. You might want to talk to a nutritionist to see if there are things you're doing wrong. If you start a new topic, include how many calories you eat? Exercise? Kind of foods you eat? Are you steadily losing or in a plateau? Just give us more information so we can help? I didn't look at your profile but if it's not filled out you might want to do that so we know you better?