Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I agree with the posts above. I would also add that if you are drunk right now, perhaps you should go sleep it off and come back for support when you are in a sober state of mind. There's not much we can do for you or offer when you are not. Not trying to be mean, just keeping it "real".

Wow it sucks being drunk in a room full of sober, level-headed people. Emotions like fear arent rational so I don't think being told to be rational is going to help. You can message me or add me to friends or whatever if you want to talk!

There are times you need to surrender to the process. I used to think the weeks before "is this the last time I get to eat________." But after the Band I don't care If I have that food. I eat my protien and a vegetable or fruit and can't even finish that. The weightloss is a reward in of itself. We all were scared of what lies ahead but still moved foreward in the process. Take the time to question what you really are afraid of, not eating enough, the sweets, really changing and seeing what life is going to be like thin and still have to deal with those issues that the eating covers up. My prayers are with you. You are worth the change and stop thinking about being bad or good. If you fall just get back up and start over. Give yourself some grace.

Thank you all for both the positive and negative comments, I was at a real low place yesterday but today I turn the corner and face up to want comes a stronger person. I know that by Christmas I will be healthy and happy.

Good luck on your journey! I think it is normal to be nervous about certain aspects of this life changing event. I am pre-op as well and I'd be lying if thoughts of "if I was good at being disciplined I wouldn't be 360 pounds at 28 years old" don't come into my head from time to time.

BUT, I refuse to let those negative thoughts or feelings stop me from pursuing something that will help me take MY life back! You may want to talk to someone about the substances that you turned to in order to help deal with all of the emotions. At minimum mention it to your doctor? I would hate to see you get the surgery and maybe not be ready for the change...

Not trying to gang up on you, or seem like I think I have everything under control as far as my future goes. I'm just telling myself that I have to do this and I'll make it work. I know I'll have bumps in the roads and I'll make mistakes. But as long as we don't give up we will get there!

Message me if you need to talk. Good luck on your journey! I hope you get the help that you need to be successful! I know I'll need help along the way as well.

At first I really wanted this. I still do but now with only 14 days to go I am eating and drinking like there is no tomorrow. The people on this forum give good advice but I am a BAD person, is there any more bad ppl out there? Yes I am drunk again!!!!!

I'm scared for you! Why are you drinking and smoking if you normally don't ? Please get counseling! Are you trying to replace your food addiction with something else? Addictive personalities often have this problem. Many people give up an addiction just to replace it with another! Until you know what the void is your trying to fill in your life you will always be haunted by some demon! Please see someone for help! You can lose weight and feel better physically but a big part of overall health is your emotional well being. One doesn't come automatically and follow the other! They both have to be worked on individually! I wish you the best!

I got banded today. I too was nervous and posted on here that I was scared I was making a drastic choice. I made a "food bucket list" as stupid as that sounds and hit buffets and cake like it was my job. At my last consult before I went on liquids for the diet, I told my surgeon that I was afraid I was making a drastic choice. He told me being 5'4 and 346 pounds was the drastic choice I was making not the surgery. It's normal (my opinion not fact) to feel scared. Look inside your heart and make sure this is what you really want to do because you know you will never loose weight on your own. If u have doubt in your heart still, talk to your surgeon and be honest about the abuse you are putting your body through before a surgery that could and will change your life! Good bless

Della- I can relate to the bucket list of food before surgery along with the food funerals from another post. I went on vacation a week before my surgery and I actually took the time to eat slowly and enjoy those foods that brought me to a unhealthy world. I have parted ways with them almost like the Swiffer commercial and the mop! Lol! Onto new recipes and choices.....a better life.

I'm with the group, the band is a complete life change. I have had mine for 5 years and it has failed me. I have to have it removed because it is moving down my stomach. I am scared to death to wonder after its gone if ill be okay. My high blood pressure and pre diabetes is still a problem

For me... But I can't be scared. I have to take this into my own hands now and do what I gotta do.

no worries, dont concern yourself with fretting over me *via your comment on my blog* m we all have (those days) and you had one of them.

you need to make yourself well. you can and will succeed and do wonderful. this forum is fabulous with support. we all love and care for and about you.

but if you cant love yourself first, we cant help :(

Thank you all for both the positive and negative comments, I was at a real low place yesterday but today I turn the corner and face up to want comes a stronger person. I know that by Christmas I will be healthy and happy.

so how are *you* doing?

are you okay? very concerned for and about you...

I am doing fine and facing up to decision that was long overdue. I am so glad you keep it real, I can't tell you how much I needed a wake up call. I am counting down now only 22 days to go. I hope you don't mind but I follow everything you write you have become my Lap Band Hero. Looking forward to the day I can give something back to the site.

I am doing fine and facing up to decision that was long overdue. I am so glad you keep it real, I can't tell you how much I needed a wake up call. I am counting down now only 22 days to go. I hope you don't mind but I follow everything you write you have become my Lap Band Hero. Looking forward to the day I can give something back to the site.

you give something back every day by believing in YOU

i believe in you...22 days...it will be here before you know it

after i posted to you (and on some other threads this week on items similar to yours)..i got alot of neg pm's, comments regarding my delivery, me being mean etc..

but if i can make ONE person see that they are so worth it by me going snap out of it, or knock it off or wise up, then so be it...i wont divert from saying give a damn about yourself if you are going through all this to have wls...

.we all have one life....i was up at 336 pounds..i was as wide as i am tall......and tmi, beginning to have issues going to the bathroom....i do not want anyone to have to go through what i was before my surgery..i know what it is like to be scared, alone etc and i drank alot of coors light to help ease my fears....so i am with you...i care deeply...i take this surgery very seriously and want YOU to go into this 100% want power committed..

me and some other excellent people are here for you..reach out..read and post daily, good and bad, i sure do....maddy wants to b**tch slap me and aj threatens to shoot me with her rabbit gun from tx and grammy, just down the road from me knows where i work so i cant hide... :)

hang in there

i am here when you need me

I thank God for this site every day, I was trying to figure why I am scared, I had gastric balloon two years ago so I know the surgery drill (lost 17kgs and put it all back, once the balloon came out) in 2006 went from 100kgs to 65kgs with slimming tablets learned good eating habits small plate, Portion Control etc then had lapse and put all the weight back. So I have worked out that what I am afraid of is failing again. My husband is very supportive, but each time I do this I use loads of our hard earned cash. I get it though it is up to me to stand up, thank God I have got support, I am not going to fail coz I will do as you advise and follow doctors advise and stay on track. Thank you for your support. I am a bean counter who can't count (LOL) my surgery is on 21st March only 12 days.