Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on a 3 week liquid diet. No veggies just shakes Jello and broth. I have lost 30 lbs on my 6 month weight monitoring. This diet is the hardest part. I started the diet 2/21 and have cheated everyday I feel horrible and even second guess the band for a moment (that has passed) if I was able to eat a small salad I think I would be fine but this thing is killing me. Today I'm out of work because I had gallbladder attack like pain (my gallbladder has been out 5 years now) and now the tummy is a rumbling. What does everyone else do or have done to get you through the liquid diet. Any suggestions for me? I'm starving 10 - 20 minutes after drinking a shake and jello does nothing

Wow I hear you! I only have 1 week and it is hard. I am drinking soooooooo much crystal light and saving my "food" for evenings when I crave the most. Also staying as busy as possible.

When I have my shakes, I add tons of ice and use the blender and it becomes as thick as McDonald's. They fill me for 4-6 hours. I use 8oz skim milk, 2 scoops of the mix. Maybe that is why I stay full longer. Maybe try that. I also love SF Popsicles. I buy Edy's. Good luck.

when did u have the band done?

You've lost 30 lbs during the 6 month wait? Well done! Now you've got 3 weeks to go and you are on all liquids? Wow, that's really tough! When my diet was restricted (not as much as yours is though) I went through Jello and no sugar added fruit and juice bars like crazy. I don't know what kind of broth you're eating (if you call that eating LOL), but I made my own because I just can't stand the canned stuff. It's okay for cooking but not for eating. That helped a little since it had a lot more flavor. You could also try adding unflavored Protein Powder to the jello if you're making it yourself. Get in as much Protein as you can and that should help your hunger. Can you add pureed fruit to your shakes?

Hang in there you can do this! Just remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm on a 3 week liquid diet. No veggies just shakes Jello and broth. I have lost 30 lbs on my 6 month weight monitoring. This diet is the hardest part. I started the diet 2/21 and have cheated everyday I feel horrible and even second guess the band for a moment (that has passed) if I was able to eat a small salad I think I would be fine but this thing is killing me. Today I'm out of work because I had gallbladder attack like pain (my gallbladder has been out 5 years now) and now the tummy is a rumbling. What does everyone else do or have done to get you through the liquid diet. Any suggestions for me? I'm starving 10 - 20 minutes after drinking a shake and jello does nothing

i did a 2 1/2 week pre op all liquid..dangum right its hard..my dr told me if my liver wasnt small enough he would not do the surgery...that made me not cheat....i am sorry you are struggling, but if you cheat now, please note its not helping you..if you cheat on post op, you could hurt yourself....sf popsicles saved me....and i drank alot.....my suggestion is stay busy, take a walk, start blogging, read, take a bath, but stop cheating.....

Protein Shakes helped me the most. I only had a 3 day liquid diet before surgery.. the purpose is to shrink ur liver so surgery is easier. if I were u I would try working out, do some cardio to try & drop a few pounds. My doctor said even 3-5 pounds a few days prior to surgery. The 3 weeks of liquid after was hard for me. I wish u the best of luck! I'm always here if you need help. If you are on Instagram there are tons of people & great positive support on there! :)

How do u find lapband instagrammers?

go to the search & go to "hash tags" then type #lapband or #gastricband or #wls & people start popping up .. you can search me & check out the people on my page, they are great. my name on there is bandedgirlxo

I started the liquid diet today. Mine is a little less limited than yours, but still pretty skimpy. Just keep telling myself its worth it and don't cheat cause you are not cheating the surgeon, just yourself

I'm proud of myself today I haven't cheated at all. I think my body is understanding now lol. My tummy is rumbling now but my head isn't saying I'm hungry. Blending my shakes helped me a lot.

I'm already down 4 lbs since Thursday so that's definitely motivation :)

Good luck.. What is your surgery date