Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pouch Packing - When Enough Is Enough

Lisa--

I agree!!!! Thanks for the reminders!!! No 2nds....my biggest struggle is taking a couple more bites as I put food away....I know it's only a couple of bites but I also KNOW this is why I'm where I'm at!!!!!!!!!!!! I will get the hang of this!!!!

I eat on a saucer too!!! I got a fill on Wednesday....he put a bunch in!!! 2.4cc of my 4cc band! I feel like right after the surgery....except no pain!! :) The dr told me that he was aggressive....I would appreciate him when I lost more weight!!! Back on liquids for 4 more days!!! :) I'll get over it!!!

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -38lbs :)

MelodyJ,

May I suggest when you go for those 'couple more bites' that you stop and ask yourself if you are satisfied. If you are satisfied, then don't consume those last couple of bites. This is what I do when I want to snack. I stop and talk to my stomach. Most of the time I realize I am not hungry. I am just reaching for the grapes becasue they are there and everyone else is reaching. (I did not employ this strategy while on vacation :-(

BTW I am down to one snack a day. Two months ago I was at 2 or 3 Snacks a day. I think this strategy for snacking has helped to get me down to once a day.

Hopes this helps. Thanks for the encouraging words.

I use the other strategy for my 3 main meals a day (saucer and one servign only)

Lisa--

Great idea....self-talk!! Used to do that when I was just "dieting" pre-band.... it works!! I think that what we confess we possess!!! So thanks for reminding me to tell my stomach to shut up and I am in charge!! :)

I actually don't snack too often! At work it gets crazy and I do grab a cheesestick and take a bite....do some work then grab another bite! Helps the hunger grumbles!!! I have noticed that I "forget" to eat if busy enough! Love that!!!! :mad: I told my family yesterday for the first time I am feeling in control finally!! The food is not controlling me....I am controlling me....most of the time!! :D

God Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -43lbs :)

Untill I had my last fill on WEds of this week, I was able to eat pretty much anything I wanted. I did. I am a grazer and love to eat little bits all day long. Now if I do that, the band is putting on enough restriction to cause me discomfort. I don't think before I swallow and don't seem to be chewing enough so it causes me discomfort. That is a good thing. I am hoping it is a learned response and I will no longer want to just eat and not be thinking about it. I want to be totally aware of every bite because

every bite counts in losing this fat. I am thankful I got the band. It all has not been easy and I do miss the comfort of the food but I am trying to find other ways to cope with stress and boredom and all the other things I want to eat for. thanks for all the positive minded posts. Helpos so much that we are doing this alone.

i had my first fill 7 days ago. ive lost 5lbs. my body was waiting for that fill. im glad too. training ground for sure. i am so surprised when ive only eaten 1/2 of my salad and im satiated. im like wow. i have yet to learn to STOP when that happens. im still of that damn old school, "put it aside and come back to it" NO NO NO NO!! put it aside or throw it away. you are done. duh. im 44 days banded and barely 13 lbs down. im on a 'roll'!!!

Hey everybody. I had a break through today. I had my fill on Weds and was have a hard time eating almost anything. I have been doing mostly Soup and protien drinks. I wanted to eat some meat tonight and tried it and it didn't go. Got stuck and had some discomfort and went outside and walked up and down the street. Finally it worked its way down into the bigger stomach. RElief!!! Sooo, I remembered someone told me to cut food no bigger than my little finger nail. I did that and chewed until it was pulp. WEnt down no problem. I guess I was not doing things slow enough. I thought I was. I was chewing plenty but the too big of pieces was the issue. I have decided this is definetly a learning curve. To apply all these ideas at once is really something. I am learning each day and by golly I am gonna do this. I am on a roll now toooooooooo!

Darlene

I'm curious , can you reorganize and train your pouch to 4oz if you have already stretched it? I mean just in theory would it shrink again? Has anybody done this? oh about fills in mexico in TJ they do them for 120.00 on the weekday and 150 on a weekend you go to the clinic and then 200.00 if you need to be picked up and taken back to the airport. Dr. Huacuz he has a website you should be able to acess it just typing those words huacuz. com or huacuz surgery center.com

wow this was really inspiring to read! I try to eat on small salad plates whenever i can, i have yet to get a fill and have no restriction! :cry about 2 more weeks till i do get my fill....till then..